Help with Monterey 100c receiver

Status
Please reply by conversation.

bpeddycoart

Original poster
Jun 16, 2008
Hi everyone,

This is my first post on here, but I doubt it will be my last. I recently started a new job as a network administrator for a community college. Every once in a while, we get feeds for educational programs. The problem is the guy I replaced knew all of the ins and outs of this system and I've never used one before. However, all of the equipment resides in the server room, so it has become my responsibility by default.

Here's the issue... I need to tune into Galaxy-3C to get an educational feed for the 25th. The receiver works just fine, but 3C isn't in my list of satellites, so I'll need to adjust the positioning to 95 degrees West. Does anyone know how to do this? I've checked Chaparral's site and there was a walk-through which I printed out and read through. The problem is that when I try to use Menu 7, (which I'm assuming to be option 7 under the menu, please correct me if I'm wrong) it's not the dish positioning menu and I can't seem to find the dish positioning menu.

As I'm new at using dishes in general, I'm sure I'm probably just doing something wrong. If anyone could steer me in the right direction, I would really appreciate it.

Thanks

Do you have the owners manual for the receiver? If not I have a PDF copy of the manual....

You can also look at a satellite chart and find a sat that is next door to G3-C, for instance G26 is at 93West. Or G25 that is west of G3-C at 97west.

A satellite ID meter would help you too. Connect it to the satellite cable leading into the receiver and use the east/west buttons on the remote and slowly move the dish until you get the sat you want.

I have never owned a Montery receiver. I am assuming the feed you are looking for is analog.

most of the old analog receivers only list one letter and one number so for Galaxy 3C it would most likely be listed as G3 for the c-band side and if its for the KU side then it would most likely be listed as X3.

EDIT if everything was already setup by the previous operator than you should be able to use the remote & select "SAT" button and select one of the satellites like G3 or X3

Thanks for all of the replies. You guys are very quick to respond. I did end up finding the dish positioning menu. Under menu, you have to go into the "Channels" section. I still don't understand that "Menu 7" business Chaparral was talking about. Once I found the menu, that link was very helpful, though. Thank you. It looks like the receiver was set up at one point in time, but I don't think it's been updated in several years. That may be my next project once I find the channel I need.

Does any one have any recommendations for polarity? Do I just move the dish around until I get a decent signal and then try to use the auto-positioning?

Sergei,
If you have a .pdf copy of that manual or know of a link to one, I would love to have that for future reference.

Thanks again for all of the help.

The auto positioning feature may not help you. That is usually for fine tuning an analog channel that is already on the satellite. It will move the dish slightly east and west to peak an already aquired signal. At least thats how my ORB-7500 analog receiver works (it's really a uniden....Orb is a generic for uniden).

You will need the information for the feed you want to receive.

Channel or transponder number and polarity ..V or H

After some more searching around, I finally found Galaxy 3C. You were correct about the auto-positioning. It's not quite as smart as the name implies and I was able to get a much better picture through manually tuning the position and frequency.

Thanks to everyone for all of the help.

Request for manual for Chaparral Monterey 100c Satellite receiver

Hi Sergei,

Do you still have the manual for a Chaparral Monterey 100c Satellite receiver in pdf format? If you could send it to me at gkontich@cocc.edu, I would sure appreciate it.

Thanks for your time,

Gary

Do you have the owners manual for the receiver? If not I have a PDF copy of the manual....

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)