HITS upgrading to dvb s2 technology

Status
Please reply by conversation.
The only channels going away is starz.

One big hit for me was when we lost the master feeds from G1 HBO/Max. Back in those days I had a 7.5' Sami with bullseye II and Norsats pulling 75% quality on those HBO/Max transponders on my dsr-905 sidecar

Why is starz the only one going away

Posted Using The New SatelliteGuys Reader App!

As much as I liked Cband and the sub in the day, it's old technology that no one is going to invest big bucks in for guys like us. Guess we can always remember the glory days of c band

If they use newer technology to compress the signals even further on OTA broadcasts then wouldn't that mean that it would take up less giving the FCC the possibility to sell off more of that space? The new compression technologies may be needed for the UltraHD though.

toucan-man said:
Wonder what UltraHD lite will look like. :rolleyes:

Perhaps what HD should look like now lol.

tdti1 said:
You should be able to tell with this http://www.hits.com/hits-sd-upgrade

I had a read through the docs on the site, looks like we should be okay, that is, it's not gonna be Lights Off. For example, a bunch of services show "mux name change" which I read as, it ain't going no where.

There are map changes but I guess/hope those will be handled by the maps.

Love the UltraHD comment, that's how I feel too, today's HD is like SD should be and the new UltraHD will be like HD should be. There are some exceptions admittedly.

Hey guys. Don't we all have this dream of a new receiver at least once a year? No matter who gets it rolling!!!!:D

I want a beer dispenser also. And an emergency light for when the power goes out. And a scent dispenser. And a remote finder button. And wireless internet connection.
Yes we do actually. I want a motion activated paper towel dispenser in my next cband IRD.

NotTy said:
I want a beer dispenser also. And an emergency light for when the power goes out. And a scent dispenser. And a remote finder button. And wireless internet connection.

CIRI voice control coming to. Cband IRd near you :d

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)