HITS upgrading to dvb s2 technology

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Oh the cband forever store is now not gonna sell the az box or fta receivers. It's only gonna stock the "commercial" quality receiver he is selling lol.

His whole site is based on false lies. Should of just called it the full of bs. Store.

Posted Using The New SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Proves you can put anything on the Internet.

I like the "pay pal donation button" lol

Well I tried to register on that site to ask the owner if he is full of sh*t or not. Damn site wouldn't let me register... I couldn't get the " what kind of receiver do you have?" Question right. .

I tried to..same result. He probably has the site fixed so people cannot register or there is a malfunction of the registration process.

He has to approve people. I was a member there til I questioned him. Trust me no body posts stuff but him and dish man Dan. He seen his 4d business fall off so he makes up a store to sell fta receivers such as the azbox. Now he isn't gonna sell them. Oh he's beta testing the new sub receiver now. Lol

Posted Using The New SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Yeah it's odd.. I wanted to sign up...read what he' saying for myself then shoot him some questions to gage this whole thing. Maybe he only accepts sign ups after a donation to his R&D ?!?!

Cheers, k

Maybe he only accepts sign ups after a donation to his R&D ?!?!

Did you miss the section where he wants to charge 3% more to use pay pal? :)

"Payment can be made by Paypal or Credit Card. Click on the Paypal Buy Now button below to begin your transaction. Enter in the amount of the quote you were sent from us and your information, and submit. Payments made this way will be charged an extra 3% service fee to you total order."

Now who would give that person an extra 3% for anything is beyond me!
Besides I wonder what pay pal would say if they heard he was charging extra to use their service which is against pay pal policies.

The C Band Forever store is nothing more than a rip-off by a con artist!

Actually with Paypal the seller does encounter a fee.
2.9% + 30 cents

so not to be on his side but I guess he is trying to recoup the lost money

But if you send it as a gift using a paypal balance or a bank account there is no fee. CC charges the person sending the money the fees above

Unless its an auction item that already knows the price (like Ebay) the seller has the right to charge that fee extra.
I have when I sold stuff here on Satelliteguys (very rarely...but I have)

So according to pay pal an honest merchant should not be asking for the additional fees from the buyer if the buyer uses pay pal.

Also:
"The agreement between merchants and the different payment networks is inconsistent (I almost used "convoluted," which also seems accurate). Visa, MasterCard, Discover and American Express all have rules that merchants have to follow.

Even though merchants can now charge a checkout fee for Visa and MasterCard credit cards, there's a problem if they also take American Express cards. American Express' agreement does not allow merchants to add a checkout fee, and they aren't part of the settlement. The irony is that American Express cards have the highest interchange fees of all."

http://money.msn.com/credit-cards/article.aspx?post=fc36e8c6-1cbc-4c34-a136-91d775e29b3b

There is some talk going on which makes this to believe if a merchant takes American Express then they are not allowed to tack on any surcharge for any other credit card either.

That is why this is not yet totally clear on who can and who can not add on the fee to the buyer.

As for pay pal they say no it is not allowed.
Same goes for using a debit card.

Why are you arguing about it? Seriously?

As I already posted once if its an auction site like Ebay and you buy something in most cases the price is already set. If the auction ends and you're the high bidder of $15 and the shipping rate is $6 you pay $21. The seller absorbs the costs for selling on Ebay. I've sold stuff on Ebay and just ate the cost.

Since in this case its not an auction the seller can charge whatever he wants including fees to recoup the money lost. He can send the bill to someone for 21.00 + 3% if he wants to. Nothing against doing that. Its no different than people on Ebay charging $10 to ship something and it only costs them $2.50 to ship it

Now if its sent as a gift (basically just transferring money) if you use a checking account or a paypal balance there is no fees. Hence the reason when I sell something here I always say "send as gift so no fees". If the person sending the money uses a credit card, then THEY pay the 2.9%+30 cents.

So how hard would it be to say "send the money as a gift". Then the seller doesn't get charged fees. The buyer doesn't either unless they use a credit card. The only drawback of that is you can't send an invoice and the person sending the money would have to e-mail the address to send an item.

. Hence the reason when I sell something here I always say "send as gift so no fees". If the person sending the money uses a credit card, then THEY pay the 2.9%+30 cents.

True that! I send payment to a vendor using Paypal (linked to my CC only). I tagged it as gift but I got dinged for about 7$ in fees since I was using a CC and not a bank account.

Cheers, K

...Since in this case its not an auction the seller can charge whatever he wants including fees to recoup the money lost. He can send the bill to someone for 21.00 + 3% if he wants to. Nothing against doing that. Its no different than people on Ebay charging $10 to ship something and it only costs them $2.50 to ship it

Now if its sent as a gift (basically just transferring money) if you use a checking account or a paypal balance there is no fees. Hence the reason when I sell something here I always say "send as gift so no fees". If the person sending the money uses a credit card, then THEY pay the 2.9%+30 cents...

Well, that's not how my Visa/MC contract reads. Now true, it's been a long time since I've gone back and read it. But I find it hard to believe that it has changed that much. The big key provisions in the merchant agreement that have always stuck in my head are as follows.

If you accept Visa/MC, you...

1) Must accept the exact same amount from Visa/MC customers that you would from your cash paying customers. You are not allowed to upcharge to recover fees that you wouldn't also charge a cash paying customer. If it cost a cash customer 25 bucks... it better cost a Visa/MC credit card customer 25 bucks.

2) You may not set a minimum purchase amount for Visa/MC customers. If you would sell an item or service for 25 cents to a cash customer, you must also accept Visa/MC for that same sale... without any additional fees.

These are the rules that merchants must abide by to remain in good standing with Visa/MC. Of course, there are more rules than that. But these two are material provisions in the merchant agreement.

The settlement from several years back did not change this. That was in reference to customers using debit cards. The merchant can now require the customer to enter their pin number... which means the customer pays the trans fee instead of the merchant. But even at that, the merchant must give 30 days written notice to the processing company before they can do this. And again, that's only for debit cards, credit cards are unaffected.

The fact that you see people charging extra fees or enforcing "minimum purchase" amounts doesn't mean it's okay... it's not. It just means that they haven't been turned in yet. The only entities that are allowed to upcharge or enforce minimum amounts are government entities (which is a different agreement). Private entities caught doing so are in danger of losing their privilege to accept Visa/MC.

I don't accept PayPal, so I can't speak to their merchant agreements. But I can't imagine that it would be much different. Like I said, I don't read my merchant agreement weekly. But I can't imagine that they would surrender the two provisions above.

It all boils down to Visa/MC must be treated equally with cash. Why would Visa/MC ever back down from that position?

Cheers

Here in Connecticut a number of Gas stations have separate cash and credit prices.

I have noticed however that stations that have tried this have gone back to having the same price for cash and credit, as once they split into two prices nobody purchased gas their anymore.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)