How many HD DVD players does Toshiba need to sell to just break even?

The second would be difficult until the move to a .40 micron process. Sony loses like 300 on every sale of their PS3 as is. I doubt they want to lose more right now.

And that is undoubtedly the cheapest Blue player out there right now.

I was talking about discs, not players.

If studio backing is what is going to drive this thing, how much they make on the discs would be important.

I sure know which way I am going if I am Warner. I doubt they are interested in giving away their product for free.

Which is why they're not (they've never been in on any BOGO's or giveaway's that I'm aware of), and yet they still sell twice as many movies on BD.

They're clearly not interested in giving away their product, but I assume they are interested in actually selling it.

Which is why they're not (they've never been in on any BOGO's or giveaway's that I'm aware of), and yet they still sell twice as many movies on BD.

They're clearly not interested in giving away their product, but I assume they are interested in actually selling it.
SOny probably can't afford to subsidize the BOGO with them too. Those lost movie studio profits have to be made up from somebody. I am sure SOny is paying all of the BOGO participants. Somehow that gets overlooked and is not "corrupt" like the Toshiba and Paramount deal. Nor is it looked upon as "desperate" because its hidden.

SOny probably can't afford to subsidize the BOGO with them too. Those lost movie studio profits have to be made up from somebody. I am sure SOny is paying all of the BOGO participants. Somehow that gets overlooked and is not "corrupt" like the Toshiba and Paramount deal. Nor is it looked upon as "desperate" because its hidden.

OK, this is a serious question, even though I know it's going to sound really stupid: Does Sony "own" Blu-Ray? I realize they are a big backer of it, but I'm trying to figure out if you blaming everything having to do with Blu-Ray on Sony is based in fact somewhere or just borne out of your hatred for Sony...

Like I said in this thread earlier (or another thread) I'm not searching, Warner was involved as recently as last weekend in the Buy two get one.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)