CNET Editor Advises HD DVD Owners: Sell Sell Sell

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
This is nothing more than a n opinion piece by a CNET editor. Calling it FUD might be accurate but it isa stretch to say it is any worse than a dozen other threads from both sides. Still it has no great significance. What is the point of posting this stuff?

Why sell? If from what I have read, HD-DVD players do a fine job of upconverting and just how long will those HD-DVD discs last, there should be a place somewhere in your house for the HD-DVD player. The only reason to sell is if you really want to respend that money on BD and you somehow believe that the BD copy of the movie in HD-DVD will be better -- which up to now on dual format studio releases has not been the case. Both seem to be pretty much equal.

I guess if you have recently purchased HD-DVD and do not have alot invested that would be a wise move but if you have already purchased 30 to 40 movies or more -- why sell?
A good post :upbut why buy into the sky is falling even if you haven't opened the box? Myself I have an Xbox drive coming in this week for my htpc...

A good post :upbut why buy into the sky is falling even if you haven't opened the box? Myself I have an Xbox drive coming in this week for my htpc...

I've rarely seen an Xbox add-on go for less than $90 on E-Bay. Those things sell pretty well for a dead format.

Yeah, I bought one of the HDDVD players from CC last week. I won't return it even though HDDVD will probably lose the fight. I look at it like this. I have friends who have blown more money than I spent on this player at the gentlemen clubs. So I don't feel so bad, like others have said it does a great job at upconverting and I did not have an upconverting player anyway.

This is nothing more than a n opinion piece by a CNET editor. Calling it FUD might be accurate but it isa stretch to say it is any worse than a dozen other threads from both sides. Still it has no great significance. What is the point of posting this stuff?
I agree, opinion piece, nothing more, nothing less. Irrelevant, but hey, par for the course these past few weeks, from both camps

Yeah, I bought one of the HDDVD players from CC last week. I won't return it even though HDDVD will probably lose the fight. I look at it like this. I have friends who have blown more money than I spent on this player at the gentlemen clubs. So I don't feel so bad, like others have said it does a great job at upconverting and I did not have an upconverting player anyway.

At least go back and get it price matched. Circuit City has clearanced their HD DVD players so you likely have a $50-$100 credit waiting for you depending on what model your purchased.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)