How Will VOOM Be Promoted On June 1,2004?

txcruiser

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 26, 2004
VOOM had really expensive upfront costs at company startup....then they switched to a really cheap ($0) upfront costs promotion that will soon expire (05/31/2004). I'm wondering what kind of promotion VOOM will offer come June 1. I hope they continue to have deep pockets and take the monetary hit for now until they can build up their customer base. I couldn't pass up the $0 and will getting VOOM installed next week. Same goes for a fellow employee at my work.

txcruiser said:
VOOM had really expensive upfront costs at company startup....then they switched to a really cheap ($0) upfront costs promotion that will soon expire (05/31/2004). I'm wondering what kind of promotion VOOM will offer come June 1. I hope they continue to have deep pockets and take the monetary hit for now until they can build up their customer base. I couldn't pass up the $0 and will getting VOOM installed next week. Same goes for a fellow employee at my work.

Is it the $0 down lease program that expires on 5/31/04 or is it the pricing for basic and vavavoom that expires on 5/31/04? I looked at their website and it is not clear to me. If V* gained 5000+ subs in two months, it was due to the $0 down lease program. If this is taking away, they will need to replace it with something better or similar in value. I do not think they can go back to the $750 installation deal. It will be suicide! June will be an interested month to say the least.

I would think it was for the $0 down because when I sing up for it I was told I was locked in untill the end of the year at $39.90

Sean Mota said:
I do not think they can go back to the $750 installation deal. It will be suicide!

Exactly! They may as well start digging thier grave if they do this as they will have taken the only real incentive away for many to make the switch.

I don't think it's the 0 down as I just saw a new commercial promoting it this morning.

I think that they will probably run some kind of $99 dollar deal for install and box and recover the costs in a slight increase in programming fees. Their best approach is the deals they are running with the purchase of a high-def TV.

I know the local cable company here charges about $100 dollars to come out and just plug in a HD box. Than the HD box is rented per month along with the service(s).