HR44

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Oops! Sorry, meant no insult! :) Still very nice!!

None Taken! Just wanted to post proper information. Also I always thought Martin Logan was the only electrostatic speaker on the market. So honestly I learned something! Thank you sir!

Also if there are pics of the HR44 you would like to see please let me know and I will gladly post them!

How do you program to turn on/off your TV with this new remote? What about a DVD or Amp, do you need separate remotes?

How do you program to turn on/off your TV with this new remote? What about a DVD or Amp, do you need separate remotes?

We were able to program the TV and my Denon Receiver. It is a smart remote and controls the devices as per the buttons you press.

Nice, I'm glad I held off on the HR34 and will for sure get the 44. Also kudos on still using the HD-DVD player. I just recycled mine recently as it quit working.

Nice, I'm glad I held off on the HR34 and will for sure get the 44. Also kudos on still using the HD-DVD player. I just recycled mine recently as it quit working.

I don't use the HD-DVD player that much but I do have stuff on HD-DVD that are not on Blu-Ray so I can't seem to bring myself to toss it out!

When will the HR44 be available? Thanks for help!! :)

It's available now in limited quantities in just a few test markets, this is the latest list I have seen:
Charlotte, NC
Cleveland, OH
Denver, CO
Des Moines, IA
Fresno, CA
Minneapolis, MN
Phoenix, AZ
Pittsburg, PA
Raleigh, NC
St Louis, MO
Los Angeles, CA (Not all parts)

It's available now in limited quantities in just a few test markets, this is the latest list I have seen:
Charlotte, NC
Cleveland, OH
Denver, CO
Des Moines, IA
Fresno, CA
Minneapolis, MN
Phoenix, AZ
Pittsburg, PA
Raleigh, NC
St Louis, MO
Los Angeles, CA (Not all parts)

Thanks I appreciate it!! :)

don't expect directv to switch that out for you. your best bet will be with a retailer if you really want it.

I called them last night and the rep I talked to in Protection Plan said they would swap it out when it becomes available here since it is not in stock yet and they are training their techs on it now in areas it is coming out and she said it should be ready to go by end of this month to begininning of next month and she took my name and number and she would call me to schedule and install or if I don't here from her by begininning of May she gave me her name and extension and she would set it up the install for the HR44 :)

I called them last night and the rep I talked to in Protection Plan said they would swap it out when it becomes available here since it is not in stock yet and they are training their techs on it now in areas it is coming out and she said it should be ready to go by end of this month to begininning of next month and she took my name and number and she would call me to schedule and install or if I don't here from her by begininning of May she gave me her name and extension and she would set it up the install for the HR44 :)

i don't get these reps you talk to. before, they said you could have two genies on one account which we know you can't. now they'll do a swap? i got the old excuse that they can swap it out but can't guarantee a specific model. which means i may end up with another 34.

i don't get these reps you talk to. before, they said you could have two genies on one account which we know you can't. now they'll do a swap? i got the old excuse that they can swap it out but can't guarantee a specific model. which means i may end up with another 34.

She was an assistant supervisor and seemed very knowledgable and knew what was happening and she also asked the boss above her above her and she told me they would swap out the HR34 for an HR44 and that it would definitely be an HR44 when it becomes available in my area and more in supply which they should be getting soon.She did also confirm also I couldn't have both the HR34 and HR44 at same time which stinks but can understand the cost of it and going up to swm16 :) I guess what rep you get and who knows what is happening like with Dish or any Cable company depends on who you get and how much they know!! :)

Last edited:
She was an assistant supervisor and she also asked people that were above her and she told me they would swap out the HR34 for an HR44 and that it would definitely be an HR44 when it becomes available in my area and more in supply which they should be getting soon.She did also confirm also I couldn't have both the HR34 and HR44 at same time which stinks but can understand the cost of it and going up to swm16 :) I guess what rep you get and who knows what is happening like with Dish or any Cable company depends on who you get and how much they know!! :)

Yea that doesnt seem possible that she can garentee a 44 but who knows, best of luck to ya with that :)

Sent from my PG06100 using Tapatalk 2

Yea that doesnt seem possible that she can garentee a 44 but who knows, best of luck to ya with that :)

Thanks twiz and hopefully it does come true! I will let you know when I get it and how it goes and turns out she was the same lady I ordered the HR34 when it 1st came out and was able to order it and I was the 1st in this area to get the HR34 and after looking on the order form I still have on the HR34 and yes I still have it :) We will se though I have had luck with Directv so far and hope it continues and when I order it and they call me saying they are on their way I will ask if they have the HR44 like I did the HR34 and if they don't I will cancel it :)

Last edited:
Yea let us know, i just got service in my name this month, so im probably out of luck, but ill give a call and see what i can get around may.

My thoughts.
So The HR44 was an upgrade from our HR24. The main things we wanted were the 5 tuners and the 1TB Drive. Other than that we were/are happy with the HR24. A few points we like about the HR44.
-Faster!! Even faster then the HR24
-The 1TB Storage
-5 Tuners
-Super Quiet. We moved the HR24 into the bedroom and we can hear the fan(s) the HR44 is silent.
-The new remote. This takes some getting used to but it VERY nice.
-Built in WIFI is nice but not needed

Talking with the tech he said that the new clients for the HR44 can be wireless and will not require a Coax run to them. He also said that as of last Friday they only had the HR44 for 2 days and mine was only the 2nd one he installed. I will try to post some pics later tonight when I am home!

I also inquired about the AM21 and how I could use a Diplexer to get my antenna signal down to my living room. He said that because of MOCA it was not doable. If someone can help me with a wire diagram and what parts to get I would love to set this up too!

So this thing doesn't have a stop button? How do you stop the darn thing, and is it a PITA.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)