HR44

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Honestly I don't recall using my stop button now at all. I usually hit list and start another program. Deleting I usually do off the list with the red button.

i don't get these reps you talk to. before, they said you could have two genies on one account which we know you can't. now they'll do a swap? i got the old excuse that they can swap it out but can't guarantee a specific model. which means i may end up with another 34.

Remember, when the HR24's came out, you were not allowed to have more than one originally either, at least in my area, they would allow you another 6 months later ... however, if you got one from a vendor, you were OK.

Remember, when the HR24's came out, you were not allowed to have more than one originally either, at least in my area, they would allow you another 6 months later ... however, if you got one from a vendor, you were OK.

I was saying I am going to swap out my HR34 for an HR44 and keep my HR24-200 :)

Need some help here if anyone can. I blew my hr34 in the new house we just bought stupid mistake. Anyway my buddy who is an installer came by with a brand new HR44 said we can't blow this one lol. So anyway everything went well box works well but I am having one issue here that I can't seem to solve.
Everytime I switch channels or go to VOD anything the resolution need's to be changed. I have tried it both ways with native off and on and changing the resolution in the setup to only have one selected. It doesn't matter when i change the channel screen goes black and I have to format on the remote or press the resolution button on the box. I am a convert from comcast so I don't have much experience with Direct Tv. If someone could direct me to a fix I would be most grateful. I have also changed out HDMI cables thinking that may have been the problem but that didn't help.

:welcome to Satelliteguys!

I'm guessing it's software related. Did he do a new download when he installed it?

The difference is now Directv will not allow more than one Genie per account regardless of where you got it (outside of a few that were lucky beta testers).

If you have a HR34, and buy a HR44 from solid signal, as it is today, Directv will not activate it without deactivating the HR34.
I am hopeful that they will back off that, but it is a stance they haven't taken in the past to my knowledge.

As for the OPs resolution concern. Try setting the box to 1080i in the settings for display, and have it be the only box checked. Then ensure native is turned off on the other settings menu. Then reboot, see if the problem remains at that point.

Thanks again I will try that as well. I read something from a long while ago about a different box and described the exact same thing i am dealing with to a T. DTV response said it was a software issue next update would be fixed was kinda thinking that with it being so new and all.

Just joined the site today. I recently joined DirecTV after having "cut the cords" for the last 4 years. They originally set me up with a HR34 but I was having problems with the on demand so they came out and after not being able to figure it out set me up with a HR44. Much faster box, but I still had the 31 client and the picture would stutter badly. They sent out another tech and he tried to tell me it was my TV until I turned on the BluRay and no problems, also no problems with netflix or streaming from my network. So now, as I type this there is another next level tech here taking readings and hooking up the new 41 client to see if that solves the problem. I also have a 20mb connection with Century Link and had been having problems with the on demand telling me my internet wasn't fast enough. But when I would call the rep he said 20mb was 10 times faster than necessary for on demand. The new HR44 is MUCH faster than the 34 but have intermittently had the on demand issue again. Now the tech is trying to tell me it is a router issue. My router is right next to the HR44 and is hardwired in so not sure that should be the problem. We will see. I think it is on Directv's end and nothing to do with my router or internet speeds.

Just joined the site today. I recently joined DirecTV after having "cut the cords" for the last 4 years. They originally set me up with a HR34 but I was having problems with the on demand so they came out and after not being able to figure it out set me up with a HR44. Much faster box, but I still had the 31 client and the picture would stutter badly. They sent out another tech and he tried to tell me it was my TV until I turned on the BluRay and no problems, also no problems with netflix or streaming from my network. So now, as I type this there is another next level tech here taking readings and hooking up the new 41 client to see if that solves the problem. I also have a 20mb connection with Century Link and had been having problems with the on demand telling me my internet wasn't fast enough. But when I would call the rep he said 20mb was 10 times faster than necessary for on demand. The new HR44 is MUCH faster than the 34 but have intermittently had the on demand issue again. Now the tech is trying to tell me it is a router issue. My router is right next to the HR44 and is hardwired in so not sure that should be the problem. We will see. I think it is on Directv's end and nothing to do with my router or internet speeds.

That could still be a router problem, depending on port forwarding and such, my ondemand recently got alot slower, i have a 34, and a 50mb comcast connection. i can watch stuff while streaming without much of a problem, but it takes forever to download anything if i want to keep it on the dvr.

That could still be a router problem, depending on port forwarding and such, my ondemand recently got alot slower, i have a 34, and a 50mb comcast connection. i can watch stuff while streaming without much of a problem, but it takes forever to download anything if i want to keep it on the dvr.

It's hardwired in, and I have no port forwarding going on. Which, if i'm not mistaken is related to wireless and not wired directly into the router. The tech finally told me it's a software issue with the hr44 and the hr34.

It's hardwired in, and I have no port forwarding going on. Which, if i'm not mistaken is related to wireless and not wired directly into the router. The tech finally told me it's a software issue with the hr44 and the hr34.

Its possible that its a software issue, because in the past my hr24 and even an r22 worked alot faster, however you are mistaken about the port forwarding, port forwarding relates to all traffic from any device to the router now matter how it is routed, hardwired or wireless.

definition of port forwarding "Port forwarding allows remote computers (for example, computers on the Internet) to connect to a specific computer or service within a private local-area network (LAN)". I have no port forwarding because I don't access my network from outside my network. Slow on demand is either a software issue or an issue on DirecTv's end with their on demand servers.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts