HTC Fuze or iPhone???

Adobe makes a Windows Mobile PDF reader that comes on the Fuze stock ROM if I remember correctly.

I guess I'll bring up what I just used today so far.

I use some Citrix server apps where I can remotely access my servers with full live screenshots at 640x480 resolution and also be able to easily transfer files wherever I am.

I like that I don't have to buy an app just to listen to an online radio audio stream that uses Windows Media or Shoutcast. I've been told that the iPhone does not fully support all Window Media streams yet.

I love that the Fuze can double as a wireless router and feed any of my wireless cards an internet connection in a pinch.

Garmin has great GPS software that looks like their GPS units and works great on the Fuze.

And I really like to be able to copy and paste :D
So I can use the Fuze as a router for my laptop to connect my laptop to the internet through 3G?

So I can use the Fuze as a router for my laptop to connect my laptop to the internet through 3G?

Yes. The only thing that I am not sure about is what data plan you need. Looking at AT&T's website the data + tethering plan is $60 per month. I am not sure if you can tether you phone with the general $30 data plan. Also remember that the tethering plans with AT&T are limited to 5GB of month. The non tethering plans are unlimited.

Dodger, you can also tether with a jailbroken iPhone.
How easy is it to jailbreak an iPhone? Don't you have to do it each time there is an update, with requires a totally new jailbreak?

Last edited:
Yes. The only thing that I am not sure about is what data plan you need. Looking at AT&T's website the data + tethering plan is $60 per month. I am not sure if you can tether you phone with the general $30 data plan. Also remember that the tethering plans with AT&T are limited to 5GB of month. The non tethering plans are unlimited.

No additional plan is needed, it's all data from the phone.

I tether all the time with my Touch Pro (same as Fuze, just a little different keyboard) with my $30 Sprint SERO plan. We supposedly have the 5gb cap too, but I get no where near 5gb. Even last month I think I barely broke a 1.5gig, but I don't download files with it either just typical web browsing.

I tether all the time with my Touch Pro (same as Fuze, just a little different keyboard) with my $30 Sprint SERO plan. We supposedly have the 5gb cap too, but I get no where near 5gb. Even last month I think I barely broke a 1.5gig, but I don't download files with it either just typical web browsing.
Is that true for all carriers?

I know they probably aren't the best source for answers, but I was talking to a at&t rep today about upgrading my phone and she said that they had to turn on the tethering over usb feature of the phone I was looking at (lg incite). Which i'm sure is not true, but I think i'm going to go this route anyway...
WMWifiRouter - Welcome

and the fuze is a compatible device

How easy is it to jailbreak an iPhone? Don't you have to do it each time there is an update, with requires a totally new jailbreak?

It is very easy as long as you don't have a Mac. So far the new jailbreak has been out a day or two after the new versions.

There are two plans with AT&T, one for tethering and one without. If you didn't need a different plan why would they offer two.

I know they probably aren't the best source for answers, but I was talking to a at&t rep today about upgrading my phone and she said that they had to turn on the tethering over usb feature of the phone I was looking at (lg incite). Which i'm sure is not true, but I think i'm going to go this route anyway...
WMWifiRouter - Welcome

and the fuze is a compatible device

This would not surprise me at all. Many companies disable features to get more money out of the consumer.

I wasn't aware that all the ATT PDA phones had the 3G Sling restriction. I thought the restriction applied to the iPhone only due to Apples restrictions.

I am leaning towards a WM6.1 (the Fuze has 6.0) OS due to the fact that it has more apps and fewer restrictions. I do like the bigger screen and bigger icons and the ease of use of the iPhone. When I was playing with both, it was quicker for me to learn where the apps are on the iPhone vs the apps and folders on the Fuze, even though I am a windows guy (In fact, I do not care for MAC OS on computers).

the restrictions are in the TOS with AT&T, so it covers all phones.

Also, the Fuze is 6.1, not 6.0.

Technically speaking, you are right that it works without a special plan. However, if they catch you doing it without the tethering plan they can terminate your service or charge you fees.

It's also worth nothing that the Touch Pro 2 (newer version of the Fuze) is set to be released on AT&T this year, which has a larger screen like the iphone. It's already released in Europe.

Technically speaking, you are right that it works without a special plan. However, if they catch you doing it without the tethering plan they can terminate your service or charge you fees.

It's also worth nothing that the Touch Pro 2 (newer version of the Fuze) is set to be released on AT&T this year, which has a larger screen like the iphone. It's already released in Europe.
I saw reviews of this phone. Man, this thing looks awesome. But, it is going to be around $800 upon release.

It is very easy as long as you don't have a Mac. So far the new jailbreak has been out a day or two after the new versions.
Why is it easier if you don't have a MAC? How does one go about doing it on PC?

Last edited:
There are two plans with AT&T, one for tethering and one without. If you didn't need a different plan why would they offer two.

Because they want you to buy the more expensive plan.

Install an aftermarket ROM on the Fuze....either WM 6.1 or 6.5...pick your poison. When you plug in the phone to USB it will ask you 3 options. ActiveSync, Dish Drive, or Internet Sharing. Pick internet sharing and it connects. Very easy.

Or buy WMWifiRouter and use it via USB or WiFi..your choice.

Also the Disk Drive option basically turns your storage card(micro SD) into a USB flash drive...pretty cool. 16gb micro SD cards are getting cheaper everyday.

Because they want you to buy the more expensive plan.

Install an aftermarket ROM on the Fuze....either WM 6.1 or 6.5...pick your poison. When you plug in the phone to USB it will ask you 3 options. ActiveSync, Dish Drive, or Internet Sharing. Pick internet sharing and it connects. Very easy.

Or buy WMWifiRouter and use it via USB or WiFi..your choice.

Also the Disk Drive option basically turns your storage card(micro SD) into a USB flash drive...pretty cool. 16gb micro SD cards are getting cheaper everyday.
How exactly do you do that? Before I buy either one of the phones I would like to know how easy it is for me to change these things.

How exactly do you do that? Before I buy either one of the phones I would like to know how easy it is for me to change these things.

You download the ROM you like. Tons of people at XDA-Developers and PPCGeeks making ROMs with lots of customizations, apps, and eye candy built in. You basically just hook up the phone via USB and run the install. It's simple.

Here's a couple...these are WM 6.5 ROMs (scroll down for screenshots)

|RAPH|6.5|ROM|WWE| ** EnergyROM 3.0 'Phoenix' (21728) ** || Build date 60109 || - xda-developers
[ROM][05/31/2009][WWE]RRE Series 6 WM 6.5 21725 build 21725.5.0.2 V5 - xda-developers

You download the ROM you like. Tons of people at XDA-Developers and PPCGeeks making ROMs with lots of customizations, apps, and eye candy built in. You basically just hook up the phone via USB and run the install. It's simple.

Here's a couple...these are WM 6.5 ROMs (scroll down for screenshots)

|RAPH|6.5|ROM|WWE| ** EnergyROM 3.0 'Phoenix' (21728) ** || Build date 60109 || - xda-developers
[ROM][05/31/2009][WWE]RRE Series 6 WM 6.5 21725 build 21725.5.0.2 V5 - xda-developers
Thanks. That is exactly what I was looking for

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts