HTC Fuze or iPhone???

Don't forget though, the Fuze is a 480x640 screen and the iPhone is 320x480. The Fuze has swappable batteries, negative on the iPhone. The Fuze allows you to upgrade the storage and swap the flash cards up to 32gig. Full hardware keyboard on the Fuze.
Even though the actual viewable screen is larger on the iPhone, it has less pixels? Interesting.

That is a downside of the Fuze with the headphone jack. But they do include a set of headphones that plug right into the port of the phone, and you also get a dongle that you can plug into the bottom of the phone for a head phone jack. Or you can just go wireless as stereo bluetooth works fine.
Another advantage of the fuze, as the iPhone does not have wireless bluetooth. The rumor is that the new iPhone coming out this year will have wireless bluetooth.

Even though the actual viewable screen is larger on the iPhone, it has less pixels? Interesting.

Yes indeed. The screen is beautiful. That is the comment I hear the most especially when I show them a high quality YouTube stream... "Is that HD?" "That looks so real. I forgot I was watching on a cell phone".

Another advantage of the fuze, as the iPhone does not have wireless bluetooth. The rumor is that the new iPhone coming out this year will have wireless bluetooth.

The iPhone has bluetooth but I think it lacks stereo bluetooth until the upgrade that also adds copy & paste is released later this year.

Last edited:
this tread it kinda long (this might be covered).

But, besides lots of apps, I stick with Windows Mobile for the easy Outlook Synchronization. Perhaps the iPhone can do this to....

The iPhone has bluetooth but I think it lacks stereo bluetooth until the upgrade that also adds copy & paste is released later this year.
It doesn't have WIRELESS bluetooth. At least that is what the ATT sales reps told me.

It doesn't have WIRELESS bluetooth. At least that is what the ATT sales reps told me.

First of all Bluetooth is wireless.

The iPhone supports mono bluetooth but not stereo bluetooth. This is supposed to change in the new update. IMHO, it was a phone meant for music, it should have had stereo bluetooth from day one along with copy/paste, MMS, video mail, etc. Kind of funny when they say phones are playing catch up with the iPhone. I see it the other way around with issues they can't fix via software updates.

First of all Bluetooth is wireless.

The iPhone supports mono bluetooth but not stereo bluetooth. This is supposed to change in the new update. IMHO, it was a phone meant for music, it should have had stereo bluetooth from day one along with copy/paste, MMS, video mail, etc. Kind of funny when they say phones are playing catch up with the iPhone. I see it the other way around with issues they can't fix via software updates.
I wast told that it needed a wireless hand set device plugged into the USB port on the bottom of the phone. I guess I was told wrong?

Yep. My iPhone works just fine out of the box with my Motorola 700 bluetooth (wireless) headset.

iphone has BT with hands free capability only ( for the phone) BT 2.0 is required for the Stereo as well as voice dialing and caller ID in the BT headset. I can touch my BT 2.0 button on the headset twice (double click) and then say Call 123-2255 and it will ring that number, or say call home or any contact name a follow with at home or at work or mobile and it calls that number. Truly hands free dialing. In addition, when I get into my Camry Hybrid, the xv6800 auto connects to my car and then I can answer and call from the car's BT connection, as well as the phone's contacts appear on the dash board screen ( this requires a preload via BT) You can have upto 4 different phones using this system by Toyota. My wife connects with her blackberry first, then I can't connect. Only one at a time.

When it comes to stereo, I rarely use it but when I'm on an airplane I like to catch up on podcasts so I use a hard wire noise cancelling headphones as the BT variety are not only illegal on the plane but also don't work in all the noise. You can get a mini USB to stereo mini jack with or without volume control from a company called Seidio for under $12 as I recall.

dodgerking- I would suggest you stick with apple store. Those at&T reps don't know what they are talking about when it comes to the iphone. The at&T reps around here give out equally bad info.
Can you tell? I don't like AT&T, but they do have a good stock and I own at&T stock. :)

Kind of retarded for a $600 a phone if you ask me. I prefer the speed and multitasking.

I'd go nuts if I couldn't multitask. The TouchPro has a ton of memory so I just leave a lot of apps open. GPS map running directions, email open, texting, viewing websites, etc. I just flip between the applications as I need them.

It really is not that bad. The only major drawback is you cant stream music while using other apps. You have to play your local library instead. For example the web browser keeps the current page you are on when you switch to another app. You don't have to always start over from scratch each time. Same for email and text messaging. You can switch between apps just as fast as going trough the task manager on a windows mobile phone.

The other nice feature is that you can have 7 different web pages up at a time and just switch between them. Think of tab browsing on your computer but on your phone. It is nice to be able to switch quickly between the different pages.

I agree that the iPhone should have had these from day one.

I also agree that the iPhone is playing catch up with others but I will have to say that others are also playing catch up with the iPhone. No one phone is 100% perfect and has all features that the other devices have.

this tread it kinda long (this might be covered).

But, besides lots of apps, I stick with Windows Mobile for the easy Outlook Synchronization. Perhaps the iPhone can do this to....

Yes, the iPhone does sync with an Exchange Server.

Personally, I'm still torn between an iPhone and the Tilt that it replaced. I need the occasional tethering when I need to support clients while I'm on the road and I slightly miss Sling Mobile. For daily use, it's the iPhone, but when I travel it's the Tilt. I'm just lucky that it only takes a card swap to go between phones.

What the iphone really needs to do is work out a way to work with blackberry servers and be compatible with that service. If they did that, I'd bite my tongue and go buy an iphone and put up with AT&T. (for my wife that is :) she's the one forced to use a stupid crippled blackberry. ) She hates it! I think she would love the elegance of the iphone as she doesn't need a very powerful phone, just slick phone OS, a good photo library, and e-mail. She loved her Palm 700 until she took a new job with Wachovia/Wells and they require blackberry... for now.

Don't even let this help you make a decision. The iPhone and Windows mobile phones have nothing really in common with their counterpart on the desktop side.
Don't know about that. I was playing with the Fuze and the programs and folders under the window icon (start button) are pretty much the same.

jag72- I understand your defense. It's the same as most people use to justify jailbreaking but there is a huge difference here. Apple specifically took a position on it and made the announcement. Same as AT&T about streaming video and audio that sources from commercial TV. Note I am making a slight correction to a previous post here and that is not all streaming video content is forbidden by AT&T. eg YouTube is certainly permitted. But not Sling. Apple doesn't care so you can still sling commercial video as long as you can load the sling application and you can restrict the internet connection to avoid AT&T vis a vis wifi via another service provider which I offered another solution for called Myfi :)

If you look at the terms of all the cell providers there is a provision about streaming TV and other information. They all have it in their terms on way or another. AT&T is the only one that has called out Sling on the issue.

As for jailbreaking, it IS a violation of terms of use according to Apple, so don't argue with me about it, take your law suit to Apple and defend your right to not comply with the DMCA. I'm on your side here. I don't like that law either but I also don't fool myself into believing I am exempt from it, especially after the company says otherwise. And hey, I know it's not stealing anything, but it is a violation of terms of service, you are reverse engineering the licensed application on the phone to get around a number of restrictions the owners of the software decided on.

We will have to let the courts decide on this one. I personally don't have my iPhone jailbroken because of this (job related issues). Just because Apple says it is against the law does not mean it is true.

Apple pretty much had to come out to say this. Now if they really think this they should plug the holes that they know are there. If they plug the hole they kill the whole jailbreaking issue. They will never do this though as it will hurt their sales. They could also bring some lawsuits up on some of the major people that are doing this but they haven't.

I had a HTC s621( not a touch) but then i go a jailbroke Iphone... and yah the Iphone SMOKES winmobile , it's sad.
"I like that I don't have to buy an app just to listen to an online radio audio stream that uses Windows Media or Shoutcast. I've been told that the iPhone does not fully support all Window Media streams yet."
these are free, windows media streams true don't work, but AOL radio, yahoo and all shoutcast are free(apps are free and way nicer than the Windows options.

my advice is to go and try them out, I'm not a Apple fan boy, first apple thing I've ever owned. i run linux and vista /XP on my PC's. I was very impressed with the Iphone after using windows mobile for 6 months(windows mobile crashes alot(Hangs..alot)...but was very usable most of the time, but to stream, play music, videos, picture veiwing it sucked and was a seriously poorly implemented afterthought..(windows media player mobile is even sadder than the desktop version, barely plays anything. TCMP was what i ended up using for vids/mp3 and streams , it worked but was very windows 3.1)

and i never really found a decent picture viewer(free)....

defininately try them both... Jailbroke phones really are great. I hate Itunes though, I thought the zune software was bad, I was mistaken Itunes takes the cake. but whatever itunes is only used for mp3 sync and ringtones, podcasts etc.(at least for me)

right now i have tons of apps, all have been free(all from itunes store), and i can do way more than I could do on my win mobile 6 phone,stream,vids,music,maps,etc... one handed no less...

anyway my 2 cents....

Don't know about that. I was playing with the Fuze and the programs and folders under the window icon (start button) are pretty much the same.

I find lots of things on WindowsMobile that is like the windows desktop. One of the many things I like about it.

Someone else was telling me they were having issues with ZIP file attachments on emails on the iPhone. They couldn't open them or something like that. Can you not just click the attachment and it opens in a screen that shows the files in the zip files?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)