I Hate NBC This WEEK !

HDGUY

Original poster
Jul 27, 2004
:mad: I HATE NBC this week.

Normally they have great OTA Digital HD feeds. Well they think they are going to be cute and send Digital HD feeds of the Olympics to us over and over again. The Digital OTA signal vs. the ANALOG OTA signal is completely different. I called my local NBC studio and they said this is the way it's going to be. I can't stand watching a rerun of an HD event while the analog signal is completely different. I had to totally reconfigure my wiring and HDTV to get the analog signal so I can watch current programming (in ANALOG).

I post rarely but I am so frustrated at those clowns I had to blow off steam. How are the rest of you feeling about NBC making us watch reruns of the Olympics?

feeling a little better now, HDGUY.

HDGUY said:

Normally they have great OTA Digital HD feeds. Well they think they are going to be cute and send Digital HD feeds of the Olympics to us over and over again. The Digital OTA signal vs. the ANALOG OTA signal is completely different. I called my local NBC studio and they said this is the way it's going to be. I can't stand watching a rerun of an HD event while the analog signal is completely different. I had to totally reconfigure my wiring and HDTV to get the analog signal so I can watch current programming (in ANALOG).

I post rarely but I am so frustrated at those clowns I had to blow off steam. How are the rest of you feeling about NBC making us watch reruns of the Olympics?

feeling a little better now, HDGUY.

They have been saying for a while this is how it was going to be,the 2006 and 2008 is going to be all HD at the same time.

NBC announced last January that the HD Olympics will be delayed by 24 hours. Why didn't you and everybody else complain then? Way too late to complain now.

Jerry

HDGUY said:
Welcome to the forum, HDGUY!
You are definitely not alone! A lot of people are mad at NBC this week!
Well, at least you can get both feeds: one digital, the other one via analog. Some people on this forum are less fortunate, and get only one or even none!

I also am frustrated with the NBC HD delay. When I heard that the HD feed would be delayed 24 hours I thought that they were accounting for the differences in time zones between Greece and USA. I didn't realize that they meant IN ADDITION to the time zone delay, they would be holding the EXACT SAME SD coverage another 24 hours before showing it in its HD format. The content seems to be identical, other than display format, so they must have captured the footage in HD and then edited it in HD before transmitting it in SD and then waiting a day to transmit the tape again in HD.

:no

This is what happen to my mother. She has basic cable which allows her to watch Telemundo. She watches Telemundo 90% of the time and could not careless about anything else. Anyway, she was very excited because Telemundo kept advertising that the olympics will be shown in Spanish. My mother who is an old lady who does not understand anything about NBC broadcasting rule was expecting swimming, gymnastic, diving, track, etc on Telemundo translated into Spanish. She kept waiting and waiting and only Soccer was shown on Telemundo. I had to let her know not to wait for anything on Telemundo. She was so mad and decided to call Telemundo to let them know that they were misleading the public in their announcement of carrying the olympics in Spanish on Telemundo. My mother does not care about Soccer in the olympics. Telemundo as it is transmits a lot of Soccer games. This is how bad NBC has been. This has to be one big fiasco with all their transmittion rules.

I agree with you Sean. NBC really suck at the broadcasting the olympics. I think some of you need to put your post on the AVS foruem too, so the network engineers will know how pissed we are.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)