I'm getting Voom on January 7th!

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Harrypr

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Dec 31, 2003
I am anxiously awaiting my Voom installation. I recently bought my first HDTV, a panasonic LCD 22" Widescreen for my Bedroom. I will be keeping Comcast extended basic cable on my Living room SDTV since Voom isn't compatible with my Tivo yet. I've read a few articles speculating that there might be a HD Standlone Tivo coming out later in 2004, however whether or not it will be compatible with Voom hasn't been mentioned. Tivo is supposed to have a "Press Conference" on January 8th, so maybe I'll get some answers. This will be my first satellite experience. I was very disillusioned over the meager amount of HD Channels offered by Comcast, Directtv or the Dish. Voom's impressive list of HD channels (39 soon) is what sold me! Why have a high def TV if you don't fully utilize it? .......Happy New Year to all!

Congrats! As a start up VOOM is not without it's struggles. Be persistent and report all issues, however small you might think they are, to VOOM. I have found this forum to have very nice folks involved and very good info. And even though wires and communications sometimes get crossed....the VOOM folks are always pleasant as well. If you need follow up help from VOOM or your installer, remember, be persistent. Waiting to be contacted (even if that is what you are told) may be a waste of your time, call them!!

Greg

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts