Inhd

Two chances: slim and none. That channel is owned by a consortium of Cox, Adelphia (now TW, I guess), and Comcast.

And slim left town several months ago. The company?s shareholders are Comcast iN DEMAND Holdings, Inc., Cox Communications Holdings, Inc., and Time Warner Entertainment - Advance/Newhouse Partnership.

Last edited:
mwgiii said:
Doesn't DirecTv have a lawsuit aginst INHD trying to get them added?

They dropped the lawsuit several months ago. I can't recall at the moment why, but there was a press release saying that they are no longer pursuing it.

It could possibly be because FOX is planning a Voom-style suite of channels, which would make most of the InHD programming a non-issue. Other than the MLB, there's not much that can't be had from other sources.

All NFL and NBA programming comes from their respective networks, the travel shows are on par with Rudy Maxa or the others. If UFC and similar PPV programming are of interest, then InHD might, but they are older showings and are shown with great regularity.

Didn't INHD2 just get killed off too? INHD is having some shakeups it appears. I'm guessing that this is cable's last chance to get this channel into the mainstream before it becomes to irrelvant and loses whatever value it currently has.

Lets face it, back in 2003 where there were only about 4 or 5 HD channels in existence, INHD was needed to pad the "HD Tiers" of most cable systems. But now that there are about 30 HD channels on the market (and more arriving) channels like HDnet and INHD need to become more than just the "pretty HD channel" that they could get by on a few years ago.

I think that HDNet has picked it up by getting some quality shows and trying to stay into the Sports arena. INHD will need to adapt to survive as an investment. I guess this meant cutting the expense of INHD2 and getting INHD on satellite.

I hope that the channel is added to Dish. So far (maybe I am wrong) this year....all the channels that Dish has linked have been up eventually. Lets hope that dish continues the same record this year and by the end of the month we have some new HD channels.

iceturkee said:
as far as sports are concerned, INHD shows hockey, nba basketball, college football and mlb in hd!! i'd hate to see it go!

Hockey and basketball broadcasts on InHD are actually from NBA-HD and OLN-HD. Those broadcasts are already available on E* without InHD. College Football is from CSTV primarily, and without it's own outlet is exclusive to InHD, MLB is the true exclusive to InHD. It is rebranded from the RSN that originates it, however is available to all subs.

This will be a nice addition to the lineup, but I personally don't feel that it's "must-have" TV. I'm much more content with HDNet and HDNet Movies than I was when having InHD1/2 on cable.

INHD on Dish would be great. I just returned my Comcast 6412 and dropped the digital classic package. Could no longer justify paying an extra $21 a month for basically the 2 INHD channels. I get all other HD channels in that package on D*. When Comcast moved NESNHD to it's own channel ( was shared with inHD2 ) that did it for me.
Great IMAX programming on the INHD channels.

CWS_kahuna said:
Not sure but their website still lists schedules for both channels.
Yeah, further reading revealed for me that INHD2 is still around, but that several cable systems dropped them in favor of ESPN2-HD or MHD recently.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)