iOS7 Discussion Thread

I just was alerted that 5 apps were updated. It updated them themselves which was cool. I didn't even know there were updates available.

I like that. :)

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

I had that in 2009, with Gingerbread on my first Android phone. When will the suit against Google commence for this feature? :duck and cover:

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk 4 Beta

I just was alerted that 5 apps were updated. It updated them themselves which was cool. I didn't even know there were updates available.

I hope that can be disabled. I like having control and when and how I update. Especially convenient if there are reports of bugs caused by the update.

Yes you can turn it off.

Excellent. I think it's just fine as is. What used to be a pain was having to enter in your password for app updates. Now that that is gone, it works great for my needs and sensibilities. Then again, it's good that they've included auto update for those who would prefer it.

That might be one of the best new features. I've always wondered why there wasn't an auto-update for apps. Glad it's there now.

That might be one of the best new features. I've always wondered why there wasn't an auto-update for apps. Glad it's there now.

Agreed. My wife NEVER updates anything, everytime I use her phone/iPad I have to update 30 or 40 apps. This will be nice.

I am taking the plunge to iOS7 in a few minutes. Backed up my iPhone 5 to the itunes, and now doing another one to iCloud.

Is there ay way to turn off the translucent backgrounds for the folders? And there is so much darn white. I hope they listen to beta testers and provide folks with some options. Oy, that is going to take time to get used to.

OK, been playing with it for a few hours. I feel like some of the "awe" of the retina display is lost with those darn flat icons. And as I said above, the white will take awhile, a long while.

That said, the control center is a welcome change. No longer need to go to settings brightness to see the screen outside. Now one swipe. Finally.

My SatGuys reader app crashes just after it opens, as does Dictionary. Also, Im not caring too much for the iTunes Radio. Limited skips, no cacheing, and censored lyrics.

I'll test out the SatGuys app; I gave up on the Audible one, and just downloaded the book to itunes and am using it through music. Old school, but it works. If this is my only glitch, I'll love.

BUT damn Jony, WHY WHY WHY on all the white space, and the skinny helvetica typeface????

Scott do you have to jailbreak your iPhone in order to get iOS 7 beta on it ?
The better question is, will iOS7 have a JB when it is released? According to Devteam it appears (that depends on what is fixed in the final release) that they will be able to release a JB shortly after release. They found holes in the latest iOS6 updates that are still present in iOS7 beta that they do not want to make public yet.

What's with the huge Bluetooth logo on the lock screen?

Attachments

• image-992568273.png
    image-992568273.png
    407.5 KB · Views: 156

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)