iOS7 Discussion Thread

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Then I guess Apple should toss it all in the garbage and start over. Next time maybe they can hire "a guy at work" and do it right. :-/

Funny. People need to listen to my second law of iOS 7. "Don't whine about the icons. You won't notice them in a week." Yes, some of them really suck, but who really cares. :D

Funny. People need to listen to my second law of iOS 7. "Don't whine about the icons. You won't notice them in a week." Yes, some of them really suck, but who really cares. :D
Which is why I'm waiting until it's jailbreakable so I can install Winterboard.

Which is why I'm waiting until it's jailbreakable so I can install Winterboard.

Ah, but once again, this misses the point, Use iOS 7 for awhile and the icons look fine, Would I have designed them that way? Probably not, but the os is smooth as butter and day in, day out, that is what matters. To me anyways.

Just tried to read a response to a post and received this on my iPhone:

"Package file version doesn't match with the installed version, please go to your forum's AdminCP->Plugin&Products->Manage Productsto upgrade by importing the latest installation xml"

Needless to say I have no idea what it means or what I should do. HELP please....

Just tried to read a response to a post and received this on my iPhone:

"Package file version doesn't match with the installed version, please go to your forum's AdminCP->Plugin&Products->Manage Productsto upgrade by importing the latest installation xml"

Needless to say I have no idea what it means or what I should do. HELP please....

I am getting the same message on Tapatalk pro on my iPhone. This just started yesterday and now it won't refresh new posts sometimes.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Give it try now, I just fixed it three minutes ago. (You might have to restart your app or phone).

Posted Via The SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Give it try now, I just fixed it three minutes ago. (You might have to restart your app or phone).

Well, now I'm in a pickle. I deleted the app and am trying to reinstall it and am having difficulty in doing so....
UPDATE...it is finally permitting me to download it now, so stand-by!

Ok sending from the newly installed app. But things sure look different and I don't understand the icons at the bottom. It asked me to install Tapatalk and I did but am new at it so I'll see. Anyway it is working and thanks to all for assistance!

Anyone else have updates show in the app store and after you upgrade the app the listings of the apps you have upgraded do not go away and have the screen show "all apps are up to date"?

I know in a previous post I said I was going to wait for a jailbreak, I upgraded anyway.
I hate the new status bar without the black background and the new way of killing apps.

Anyone else have updates show in the app store and after you upgrade the app the listings of the apps you have upgraded do not go away and have the screen show "all apps are up to date"?

I know in a previous post I said I was going to wait for a jailbreak, I upgraded anyway.
I hate the new status bar without the black background and the new way of killing apps.

You are the first person I have encountered who doesn't LOVE the new way of closing apps. So much smoother, and no need to touch a small x on the screen. That and the pull-up control for brightness and such is my favorite part.

Not iOS7, but… I have also really come to love the Passbook feature from iOS6. I got on a train this morning (Amtrak) and my only ticket was in the passbook. Swipe it from the lock screen, and voila, there was my boarding pass. I use it for Starbucks all the time too.

I am going to check out those new 5S leather cases at the Apple Store on Michigan Avenue in Chicago today. I assume they'd work on my 5.

You are the first person I have encountered who doesn't LOVE the new way of closing apps. So much smoother, and no need to touch a small x on the screen. That and the pull-up control for brightness and such is my favorite part.

Not iOS7, but… I have also really come to love the Passbook feature from iOS6. I got on a train this morning (Amtrak) and my only ticket was in the passbook. Swipe it from the lock screen, and voila, there was my boarding pass. I use it for Starbucks all the time too.

I am going to check out those new 5S leather cases at the Apple Store on Michigan Avenue in Chicago today. I assume they'd work on my 5.

Well I wasn't planning on ordering a 5S, but I now have one on order. My sons iPhone 4 is starting to have issues, so we will give him my iPhone 5 and I will get the 5S.

I ordered online, and ordered the Black One in 32 GB. Says it will ship to me in October, but no other ETA other then that.

It just shows a history of your updates now. This is probably because there is a feature that turns on automatic app updates. That way you can go back and read the update report for an app that updated without your knowledge. I have auto update turned off for now because I like to read what an update is for before I install it. I'm thinking about turning it back on since this history is available.

Frustrated. The apple leather case won't work with a lightning dock to 30 pin dock. A very nice case ot heist.

And I could have walked out with a. 5s had I been willing to part with $300. I wasn't. :(

Frustrated. The apple leather case won't work with a lightning dock to 30 pin dock. A very nice case ot heist.

And I could have walked out with a. 5s had I been willing to part with $300. I wasn't. :(

I had that problem with an old otterbox case I used. I took the adapter back and got one of these ones with a short cord on it and that one fits with the case. http://store.apple.com/us/product/MD824ZM/A/lightning-to-30-pin-adapter-02-m

I have just been using the iPhone 5 without a case almost as long as I have owned it with no problems though. I saw some drop test videos where they actually had a hard time breaking the screen when they were trying to and decided it was safe enough. The metal iPhone 5 and 5S is a lot tougher than the glass iPhone 4 and 4S. the glass backing on those used to spiderweb pretty easily.

I had that problem with an old otterbox case I used. I took the adapter back and got one of these ones with a short cord on it and that one fits with the case. http://store.apple.com/us/product/MD824ZM/A/lightning-to-30-pin-adapter-02-m

I have just been using the iPhone 5 without a case almost as long as I have owned it with no problems though. I saw some drop test videos where they actually had a hard time breaking the screen when they were trying to and decided it was safe enough. The metal iPhone 5 and 5S is a lot tougher than the glass iPhone 4 and 4S. the glass backing on those used to spiderweb pretty easily.

The problem is that cable costs as much as the leather case, so instead of $40, it is an $80 investment. There is a third party adapter I found, but its reviews, on amazon anyway, are less than stellar.

Yes, they do. I have the tan leather case on my black, er, "Slate" iPhone 5. It looks and feels very nice...

Don't you have to pay Cook County taxes in addition to IL state taxes if you buy from that store? I'd order from the online store and send to your house, but you'd need to order at least $50 to get free shipping. Maybe a new iMac? :D

Edit: That's what I get for posting before reading the whole thread. Never mind...

I decided to get it anyway. Pretty nice case. Will get the 30 pin to lightning adapter for the music dock.

Realized if I come with my son's 4s, I can trade it in for $200 and get the 5s for $100. I see a road trip to the suburbs next month. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)