It Arrived!

Wannabeswede

Original poster
Nov 24, 2004
Before I get I flamed, I did search here but didn't find my answer.

My new 522 came in last night via UPS. I was reading the manual and it mentioned you can't overlap timers. Huh? I thought with dual tuners I could set 2 different shows on 2 different channels to record at the same time no problem? I hope I haven't missed something because this is the whole reason I got the 522.

Do they actually mean you can't overlap 2 timers that are going to record on the same channel?

Thanks,
Kevin

You should be able to have 2 timers at the same time. You specify 1 timer for TV1 and the other timer for TV2.

Kinda. If you have an event set up to record on TV1 from 8-9PM it will start at 7:59 and run until 9:03(default unless you edit the over-run time)

Then set another event to record same channel on TV2 from 9-10PM it will go from 8:59 to 10:03. (default as above)

If you are already recording a longer event on the OTHER tuner and want back to back recordings, then it will truncate the 3 minute overlap from the first event if the timers are both set to the same TV and channel.

Bottom line is that you can record 2 events while watching the event that is recording on your particular TV or you can watch a previously recorded DVR event while the 2 shows are recording.

522 calling home...

921 Trouble today!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)