It's here!

It should be noted that the more advanced receiver has to analyze more signals than does an older technology receiver ( which doesn't detect those signals ). That takes more time, although it is somewhat offset by greater cpu power. There's no magic number that you can use to compare blindscan time, without setting up a lab to cancel out all the variables. Scan speed is definitely inversely related to scan accuracy and the number of options that must be analyzed in the stream.

IT"S HERE! to stay. This has got to be the most sensitive and stable tuner I have run across yet. WOW! I'm impressed. This unit has exceeded my expectations completley. I almost thought it was better at picking up signal than my AI TurboS2 meter. But a double check there, it's only just as good ;)
Thank You Brian for all your hard work. I am very much appreciating it. :)

The multi satellite search needs some improvement or maybe I am just not seeing how to use it. I would like to be able to select a list of satellites in whatever order I like. Then the receiver would scan those satellites in the order I picked. It would also remember the order for next time.

Sent from my C64 w/Epyx FastLoad cartridge

The multi satellite search needs some improvement or maybe I am just not seeing how to use it. I would like to be able to select a list of satellites in whatever order I like. Then the receiver would scan those satellites in the order I picked. It would also remember the order for next time.

If you wish to modify the list of available satellites to scan in the Multi Satellite Search mode, Go to the satellite list and deactivate the satellites thst you do not wish to scan. BTW... The previously scanned channels will remain in your lists.

The MS Search scans in order of the satellite list. One could load a custom user or default list for custom searches.

We will research and see if the MS Search could have adjustable parameters, but currently it is operating on default ALI setting and no modification is apparent.

SatelliteAV said it will be fixed in a later firmware revision. You can get rid of the message by pressing the "Exit" key.

I feel like I'm sending the dish all over the place when I am browsing the menus, it would be nice if the last satellite you were working on in a menu was saved in RAM so that when you go into a different menu it would be the same satellite.

How long are blind scans taking you? To me it feels a bit slow than I would have liked, I'll have to time it to see how long it actually takes.

Yeah, I had it run away on me this morning. I was trying to go over about 10 satellites. But I guess with the message popping up it stacked a bunch of remote commands and just kept going then it stacked the ones of me trying to go back. I ended up just unplugging it and plugging it back in.

That's really my only complaint, others are wish lists.

And the remote thing is the remote, not the receiver. Going to try some mods on the lens and see if I can get it to work better. I have seen worse receivers, guess I am spoiled with the receivers that seem to allow you to point the remote in any direction and it works and the remote is still IR but acts almost like RF.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts