It's Official - VOOM ON DISH NETWORK!

1080iBeVuMin said:
WAITING is the best thing...!!

Like, you guys who jumped ship before Voom even stopped breathing? Some of you did not go for E*. (How would you know?) And some probably did not get the best deal that Voomers will be offered.

Some of us went to cable which we can give back tomorrow. You have to admit dish picking up Voom Originals was along shot.

1080iBeVuMin said:
There are still PRICING questions, INSTALLATION questions, and most importantly of all.... and nobody is asking.... PQ questions!! What if Voom10 on E* looks like crap??

No way am I jumping on it! This is potentially excellent news. But I will definitely wait until the dust settles and we see what shakes out. I don't need TV so bad that I cannot wait a week or two for this to shake out.

Someone has to subscribe and find out... that or lurk around on the Dish forums :).

For those waiting for cable...I have BOTH Adelphia and Comcast in my area...I called them both...just to see what was going on with THEM....I spoke to 2 managers and they were aware of the VOOM10 going to DISH....he also said that they were aware in the post that they read that it was not EXCLUSIVE to DISH...therefore they were expecting cable to TRY to add them BEFORE Directv can...for those who want to wait it out for awhile....SO...for those possibly stuck with cable...it MIGHT not be as bad as you think....

Ok, I'm waiting to find out what I need to do to make sure my May 5 install includes the VOOM channels. I imagine they need to let the installers know. Lets get some more info on this.

Isn't anyone here the slightest bit miffed that this announcement wasn't made sooner?? Two weeks ago (or more) I get a letter from Voom telling me my service will be terminated April 30th, and that this letter is intended to give me time to make a seamless switch to another provider. I wait until the last week of transmission to make the switch (to D*) and then hear about this (Voom on E*) TWO DAYS before they are to leave the air. They must have known this a while ago. I know I'll probably catch some heat for not standing by my Voom till the very end but.......come on now. So much for the rant. I am curious to see how I like the additional sports with D* and how many pq issues I have with them.

Shawn95GT said:
Some of us went to cable which we can give back tomorrow. You have to admit dish picking up Voom Originals was along shot.

Someone has to subscribe and find out... that or lurk around on the Dish forums :).

HiDefGuy said:
Ok, I'm waiting to find out what I need to do to make sure my May 5 install includes the VOOM channels. I imagine they need to let the installers know. Lets get some more info on this.

that was the question I asked for the E* CSR and Tech Support. Neither could verify that the Voom10 would be available at a certain time. My install is set for the 6th.

This is all GREAT news!

But, it's a breaking story and everything is in a state of flux right now.

I'm sure the Dish CSRs are as bewildered as everyone else with all the possible options. The CSRs are always the last to know, yet they are the company's interface with customers! Crazy business model.

What if you have only VOOM?
What if you have VOOM and Dish?
Will Dish subs need a new Dish?
Will Dish subs new TWO dishes?
Can an 811 be piggy-backed on a 510 DVR?

As you can see, there are going to be TONS of possible senarios for the Dish CSRs to address -- I'm sure they are overwhelmed right now.

Let's all be PATIENT with the CSRs and see what is announced in terms of hardware and programming and pricing options.

I'll wait until Sunday or Monday to give them a call -- I'll probably get much better info by then.

I am on the phone with E* and they have NO CLUE about the Voom Press release... I have spoken with 3 people already! Amazing...

SKrueger said:
Just called E* and here's what I was told.

Promo for Voom customers switching
6 months free HD including the Voom channels (will be included in the HD pak and currently no additional charge)
6 months of the 180 SD channels at $19.99
Up to 4 room installation free (this is standard for them)
asked about a fifth room $277 extra
Up to 2 HD setups free
HD DVR free

All this requires a one year committment.

But,

She said I need to call back on May 1st for the promo as their system would not let them set anything up until then.

Are you sure about the free HD-DVR? I just signed up, and it was a $250.00 upgrade charge to get the 942.

warkovision said:
Isn't anyone here the slightest bit miffed that this announcement wasn't made sooner?? Two weeks ago (or more) I get a letter from Voom telling me my service will be terminated April 30th, and that this letter is intended to give me time to make a seamless switch to another provider. I wait until the last week of transmission to make the switch (to D*) and then hear about this (Voom on E*) TWO DAYS before they are to leave the air. They must have known this a while ago. I know I'll probably catch some heat for not standing by my Voom till the very end but.......come on now. So much for the rant. I am curious to see how I like the additional sports with D* and how many pq issues I have with them.

Gee guys...this has been rumored for months that this was a good possibility and more so in the last few weeks. If you feel you jumped too early, don't blame VOOM but your own impatience to wait and see what was going to happen. The good news is that sooner or later you will probably get the VOOM channels with the service you selected. Just wait. That's all y ou can do now. For me I will call next week with all the information is in and sign up for DISH.

They probably will get my business if the make a deal on a 942. Otherwise, I still have the money in my pocket.

I'd rather stick with cable (especially since I didn't have any up-front cost for the HD DVR) and have already fired off a letter to the GM of my local cable company requesting that they pick at least 10 of these channels immediately. If they don't, I guess I'll have to sign up with Dish or DirecTV, who will probably add some of them after the next sat launch.

ravensong said:
I have to agree. I would much rather have seen a few more of the cinema 10 channels than these, especially fu. At the VERY least they could have combined the content from those onto a few more channels.

I believe the programming found in FU will be played on GuyTV.

Does anyone know if they will keep the multiplex format (2 movies repeated throughout the day) for the movie channels or change the format, similar to Monsters?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)