It's Official - VOOM ON DISH NETWORK!

This is very exciting but I went to the Dish Network page and saw NO MENTION OF VOOM being added. Where is that annoucement? This certainly changes my cable plans.

seandudley said:
Are you sure about the free HD-DVR? I just signed up, and it was a $250.00 upgrade charge to get the 942.

Well you do know the ability of CSR's to mess up the facts. It seems from this thread that a lot of people are being able to sign up today also, and I was told I had to call back on the 1st to get the promos.

Or maybe that's why their paying $250 for the DVR.

I wish E* would just post the promo on their site. Still don't understand having to wait to the 1st to order either. No way it will be installed before then.

Tvlman said:
This is very exciting but I went to the Dish Network page and saw NO MENTION OF VOOM being added. Where is that annoucement? This certainly changes my cable plans.
HD News is running it like every 10 mins - lol.

Link to the clip in my sig.

Tvlman said:
You have to dig a little. It's under About Us->Pressroom->News.

Unfortunately this means absolutely nothing to me, and I am still screwed with these boxes. I'm happy for those of you that have or will get Dish. As for myself, I continue my struggle for a refund.

$250 charged to credit card

The $250 DVR fee is charged to your credit card when you place the order. In my case they shipped the 942 via UPS last week and the installer was out with my 811's yesterday.

Good news to me as i cant get any good cable around here :(

Anyone know if/when E* will get the premium channels in hd (and why don't they have them already? bw/space?)

I sure hope worldsport wont be bundled with the other sports package :D i only watch soccer.

Cool, thanks. I am still waiting on a call back from the rep to see what they can offer me...lol

Question on Dish Network

I have a question on Dish. If I order dish now and get the 811 & 522 and the talk is Dish will be upgrading to MEG4 in near future will they upgrade the equipment if you just lease it or will they just come in and change it? I don't want to get all this installed like Voom and then have to change again. Maybe it would be better to wait awhile till all this settles down. I am thinking about just buying the lg 3510 to watch just my local hd channels. Any thoughts?
Thanks, mikey1

miket2937 said:
The $250 DVR fee is charged to your credit card when you place the order. In my case they shipped the 942 via UPS last week and the installer was out with my 811's yesterday.

I noticed in the press release, it shows that new customers get a free DVR upgrade, so I called Dish to ask about it since they had told me it would be $250.00. The CSR said that the DVR upgrade is free, and that I don't have to pay $250.00. I'll certainly have to watch my credit card to make sure the $250.00 charge doesn't show up.

No, but most of their retailers can do that for you for a fee of course, but it really isn't that hard to aquire what you need yourself

seandudley said:
I noticed in the press release, it shows that new customers get a free DVR upgrade, so I called Dish to ask about it since they had told me it would be $250.00. The CSR said that the DVR upgrade is free, and that I don't have to pay $250.00. I'll certainly have to watch my credit card to make sure the $250.00 charge doesn't show up.
I'd just be sure they are sending a HD DVR for free. sounds like the promotion for the SD DVR.

seandudley said:
The standard DVR is free. The HD DVR (942) is $250 to start the lease.

Yea, that is probably correct. I triple checked with her that she was saying the 942 was a free upgrade, and she said that was correct, but you know how talking to CSRs goes. Oh well, if they charge me $250.00 it is still worth it. Just want to make sure that I get the same deal offered to everyone else.

Man I thought they'd add Kung FU HD and/or condense them into 1 or 2 Voom movie channels...

Will E* carry TNTHD if so they are Voom Jr.

HDR DVR is $250 to start the least and then you own it after a year right? Yeesh.

I am wondering what happened to all of those other HD channels they were going to add. Were they going to be VoOm original channels and programming as well or wwas there some other HD content in the mix as well? If so how many were going to be VoOm original channels and how come are they now not being announced to being added anymore? I think it will take about 30-50 HD channels in order for a lot of people to get onboard with HD. This announcement of some HD additions will help some bite. It just depends on how many of those channels will actually be really good.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)