It's Official - VOOM ON DISH NETWORK!

jbphoenix said:
So maybe 40,000 V* subs are important enough for E* to care about and do a special offer for Previous Voomers. :D I will be calling on Sunday as well, and if there is a FREE 942 DVR upgrade as part of the package, then I will breakdown and go to E*. :yes

Anyone who actually thinks they will get a free 942 is dreaming big.

Aint no way Charlie is going to throw a couple million in recievers away just to get 40000 subs which after now being the leader in HD he will get every week without free 942's.

SactoCal said:
Anyone notice the new message on the VoOm Guide, no more VoOm DoOm message... New message about Dish carrying 10 "with plans to carry all 21"
Kewl :)

Can someone show us this please :)

Does Dish Network charge monthly mirror fees if you get multiple SD or HD receivers in your home? If so, how much?

DucTape said:

Aint no way Charlie is going to throw a couple million in recievers away just to get 40000 subs which after now being the leader in HD he will get every week without free 942's.

This maybe dreaming big, but VOOM may have made this a stipulation to get the channels.

I've got the screen grabbed but it looks like crap - I've got video of the message and I'm working on capturing the 'new' HDNews report of Dish picking up the Voom21.

Attached is the screen cap:

Last edited:
Wow, I just saw that message on my screen when I went to the menu!

I'm just wondering if I should wait a few days to call that number.

I have 3 HD boxes (but no DVR) with Voom now.
I'd like 1 HD-DVR and 2 HD boxes with Dish. Just wondering what kind of a deal I could get. I'm actually a former Dish customer but that was over a year ago before I moved (switched to Directv then and am ready to drop them now).

I was going to drop D* and just have Voom had they lived, but now I'm hoping I can get a good deal with E*.

DucTape said:

Maybe E* figures they have caused Voomers around $250.00 in pain and suffering for taking Rainbow-1 away from us and figure they should give us a break. :D

I really don't believe it either, but I will call on the special line they have setup for us Voomers on Sunday and see if there really is any other special deals... other than the ones they already have listed on their web site. :smug

Just called dish and cable is still the way to go...

I was opting to see if the switch to the dish was in my favor despite that I just signed up with Cox cable Phoenix and found that their offer for 49 dollars has a ton of restrictions that will not play.

1. HD DVR is 250 flat out and they will only provide 1, CSR told me that if I wanted another to goto Radio Shack. So much for turnkey service.

2. The 49 bucks is all they will credit back on the 1st month so install basically does work out to be free.

3. The 3rd room option is via a DUAL TUNER 942 that they hard wire the 2nd out to the 3rd room, so you really only get 2 tuners, 1 SD DVR and 1 HD DVR and they split the 2nd out on the HD set.

In my home with cable I was able to pickup 2 HD DVR's and 1 SD DVR, no sharing tuners, no additional cables to run and most important, NO DEPOSIT or money up front.

Hate to say it guys but beware of this Dish deal, ask MANY questions before you sign up or you may disappointed.

Miguel

E* CSR said I was his first VOOM cutomer to call about this promotion. I am on hold while he looks up the promotion details...

Waited 5 minutes......finally, CSR tells me to call the special 1-800-WOW-HDTV...which is the number I just called...placed back on hold for 4 minutes....CSR tells me to call that number anytime starting on Sunday and there will be a Special Promo Team there to answer calls and provide info.

Ugh! Anyway, he couldn't answer any questions pertaining to any hardware offers (I NEED 3 HD RECEIVERS), but he did say the HD Pack was $9.99 per month and that the VOOM HD Pack was $5.00 extra per month..

WHAT? Can anyone Verify this???

What I find amazing is that they are getting away with charging extra for ANY HD to begin with!!!!! This should be standard. Hopefully one day it will be.

Dear lord, you can't really complain if that's all they are charging for it. Really, that's not a lot of money.

considering that with voom those were standard channels, why in the world would they want to suddenly start charging voom customers a fee for what they have already been getting as part of their standard service?

btw, this has not been confirmed yet from what I know. Info from CSRs is notoriously unreliable. But if it IS true................

I'm currently using dish and this kind of sucks. If they do indeed have the new programming on 61.5 that will just make my blood boil. I have a super dish and a DP34 switch and that only takes 3 orbital positions so I'm technically screwed unless I get a second dish and another switch. What to do damnit.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts