It's Official - VOOM ON DISH NETWORK!

Called Dish (I am a sub to both Dish and Voom).Called the number on the voom guide and was told that the price of the hd package is going to be adjusted to $15. monthly (thats up from $10). All 10 channels will automatically show up on May 1st on the Dish equipment I currently own.

suerapp said:
Called Dish (I am a sub to both Dish and Voom).Called the number on the voom guide and was told that the price of the hd package is going to be adjusted to $15. monthly (thats up from $10). All 10 channels will automatically show up on May 1st on the Dish equipment I currently own.
What, for Voomers? That seems crappy. I'm betting a lot of their HD subscribers don't have a dish pointed to 61.5 and I bet quite a few don't have LOS to 61.5. If HD pack went up to $15 and I couldn't get the new channels because no 61.5 dish I'd be a pissed off E* customer.

We'll see. While I am interested in an alternative to this Cox POS DVR, I'm not chomping at the bit to spend $300+ for the pleasure of leasing their recievers.

I called the number shown on Voom's menu screen, and the CSR read me an "offer" from her screen. It said the Voom channels would be $5.00 in addition to 9.99 for the normal HD pack and would be at 61.5 orbital location. She listed the required DISH recievers (811, 921, 942, and a few I didn't recognize, since I'm new to DISH). I asked about special offers for Voom customers, but that one is all she knew. She was definitely reading verbatim - and the "offer" only became available on Sunday.

I placed my order this morning for DVR, but told CSR to place note in my file because I'd be calling back when their new offers were in the system. He said I could switch my promotion until my installation (apparently next day installation to DISH means 5/9/05). I agreed to $250 for HD DVR, so if something better comes out, I hope they don't give me problems getting "new" deal. I told him 19.99 deal for first three months was in press release for nationwide, but he couldn't get his computer to agree.

Damn, I am going to pray now for a free HD DVR offer. ...........

Did it work..............Oh, its not Sunday yet.....Thank god Im still pretty....

Vicki, I could say something about why you are late...

Vicki said:
SactoCal, you beat me to it by about 2 minutes!! Vicki :D

but I won't!. Evil laugh. How are things down south?

Still enjoying HDTV even if it's rained all day in Seattle, Gill

P.S.: "Showers" in Seattle last all day without interruption.

jbphoenix said:
Maybe E* figures they have caused Voomers around $250.00 in pain and suffering for taking Rainbow-1 away from us and figure they should give us a break. :D

I really don't believe it either, but I will call on the special line they have setup for us Voomers on Sunday and see if there really is any other special deals... other than the ones they already have listed on their web site. :smug

Well I called the new number and unless something changes on Sunday, the only free DVR they are offering is the SD DVR! I told him that offering ex-Voomers a SD DVR was a slap in the face!! :eek:

So this means that they are not going to do anything "special" for us unless that changes on Sunday. Same old pushy E* csr's... he must of ask me 10 times for a credit card number to get a tentative install date! I told him I would think about it and call back later.

I don't know... with HD Cable I get 2 HD DVR's with NO up front costs, and 8 HD channels (Not including the 6 locals in HD for a total of 14 HD channels) for about the same monthly price or even less than E*. I think I have to really think hard about going to E* unless they wake up and offer the 942 without the $250.00 up front cost.

Since I have four Voom receivers and only one Dish 811 receiver, it would be nice if there could be a firmware upgrade on the Voom receivers to receive E* signals. Is this possible?

If you are a current E* sub and can't get the deal, try getting service under your spouses name. If your not married, go to the Pub at closing time, You'll find plenty of willing candidates ;)

Dish will probably continuously offer HD packages (which are more expensive than the SD channels we know of today) until all packages are eventually HD and ultimately more expensive than what we pay now.

I just called Dish and they told me to call back on May 5th when they have their promotion ready for people who want the Voom channels.

Anyone know the details of said promotion?

No, but if you want to listen to a bunch of folks speculate, keep reading :)

Just noticed a message scrolling on the bottom of the screen during the beginning of "Silence of the Lambs" on Monsters HD that annouced the agreement with Echostar to carry Cinema 21 on E* starting on May 1st. Anyone else see that?

Im really getting tired of you ex-Voomers whining and complaining about not getting a free HD DVR. Why are you special? You chose to ditch Dish, DirectTV or cable and try out a startup satellite company. That company FAILED and now you think you are entitled to something?!?!?! As a new (or returning) customer, Dish is offering you a 942 for $250. I think thats a pretty nice deal.

Dish really couldnt care less about 40,000 subscribers. If you sign up with Dish, thats great for them, if not, they arent going out of business!

Ive invested quite a bit of money in Dish equipment the last several years and pay them over $130/month in programming fees. They certainly arent willing to fork over a 942 to me for free, nor do I expect them to. If I want the best receiver on the market, I expect to pay for it. If it weren't for the pending MPEG-4 migration, I would buy two 942's right now.

Why do you think DirectTV hasnt lowered the price on their HD TiVo? They certainly arent offering an introductory price of $250. They know that people who really want all that HDTV can offer, are willing to pay for it.

If you cant afford to play the game...get a pair of rabbit ears.

TimBob5259 said:
Sucks to be me. I was previously a DISH subscriber so cannot get any decent deals. I'm not really interested in buying an outdated 921 for $549. There is not even an option for the 942.

I think you would be surprised what they would offer you if you called to tell them you were looking for a new provider. (As long as you were with them for a while last time) I was with them for about 7 years before going to v*, so they know I am a good bet to stay on until they make money on me.

Just pretend that you don't know about the voom thing....
-k

you know what sucks about this whole thing.....Dish is only offering VOOM to new subs only. I'm very upset because I was with VOOM until the the beginning of April and I feel it is a slap in the face because I'm with DISH now and won't be able to get the VOOM channels!!!! Now this is what the CSR told me...I hope it isn't true. If it is it's a big slap in the face to this ex-VOOMer

I heard that

If you already have dish now you may not be able to get voom 10 yet this is a new promo for new customers....This came from a dish csr.... :eek: :mad:

bmann

get ready get set go

Man FreddyvsJasonvsAsh wanta race :) :D All of us that have dish now and was voomers need to call with in 5 mins.. and then they would listen :yes :shocked

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)