Kijiji, eBay, and Craigslist dishes for you to take a look at

I want a 12 ft'er (if that's what that is) , but I don't want a dish as heavy as that on my poor pole.

If you are close enough to get that dish and need one, you'd be a fool not to do so. You will NEVER find a better dish for that price! Absolutely killer price, and looks like it's in very good shape.

Those can survive a hurricane. Like gpfelsen says: "Get a new pole"... Perhaps you can get the guy to pop the original pole out of the ground, if he has access to a front-end loader. Bust the cement off of it with a sledge-hammer, and take it with you.

Rent a box truck large enough to take the dish whole, and go get it. Even with the truck rental, it's still well worth it.

Reactions: N6BY
If you are close enough to get that dish and need one, you'd be a fool not to do so. You will NEVER find a better dish for that price! Absolutely killer price, and looks like it's in very good shape.....
Totally agree. I would get it if I was within a few hundred miles.

As for the pole -- I rented a jackhammer to extract the one for my Unimesh. Sometimes a hammer and chisel will work if you can find hairline cracks in the concrete.

If you are close enough to get that dish and need one, you'd be a fool not to do so. You will NEVER find a better dish for that price! Absolutely killer price, and looks like it's in very good shape.

Those can survive a hurricane. Like gpfelsen says: "Get a new pole"... Perhaps you can get the guy to pop the original pole out of the ground, if he has access to a front-end loader. Bust the cement off of it with a sledge-hammer, and take it with you.

Rent a box truck large enough to take the dish whole, and go get it. Even with the truck rental, it's still well worth it.

I am close enough to pull it off, but I don't need another dish. I will email the seller today
and work on approval from the wife unit. I like the idea of renting a big Uhaul and throwing it in the back. A Uhaul is about 8 feet wide at most. I don't think they are 12 feet tall however but maybe it will fit in diagonally?

Figuring out the logistics of hauling it would be my main issue. Guess its time to look at truck specs on the Uhaul site. Any suggestions would be helpful.

Depending on the height, can two people lift this dish to put into the back of a uhaul?

As for a pole, as seen in previous threads, I have a fabrication shop nearby that can make nice setups for less than $100.

Last edited:
I'm sure this is blasphemy for many of y'all:
1) It's a 6 hour round trip for me.
2) $150 is still $150 dollars.
3) The Paraclipse dishes I have seen up close all had weak/thin looking mesh.(Maybe some are different?)
4) Yes,the ribs are strong...but I have little fear of hurricane damage here under the Blue Ridge in Va.
5) They weigh too much.
6) I don't have the help to remove one.
7) It would be an expensive job hauling that monster in 1 piece.
8) They are not aesthetically pleasing to me. I wouldn't want one in my front yard unless I painted it.(Which would be an adventure in itself) :rolleyes:

Personally,I'd prefer a good 12 ft Perf over a Paraclipse.Maybe I'm just an idiot...but they don't impress me that much.Let the flaming begin! :biggrin

I do hope that Fred or someone else here can get it!

I think you have a pretty good picture of a Paraclipse. I, for one, would not replace one of my 10' dishes with a Paraclipse if it were sitting here ready to go. I heard those dishes can dance pretty good when the wind blows a little tune ;)

I owned one and would not own another. I personally love the look of a Paraclipse, they are extremely well constructed and belong in a museum. Very respectable C-band performance, but you are correct, a spun perforated dish is a far superior reflector.

Yes, it is true! Paraclipses dance in the wind, have significant sidelobes and in my opinion, not a good choice for KU reception. To each his own...

Ok, you guys talked me out of getting the dish. Another factor is even the biggest Uhaul offered, the diagonal measurement of the box is less than 10 feet. There is no way to haul it even in the biggest Uhaul made without disassembly.

Fred,don't let my reasons convince you not to get it. I mainly don't like the 'metal' look in my front yard.

Heck,I think the Janiel Dark Star is the coolest 'looking' dish out there ... and we've all heard the problems with THAT dish.

If I wanted that dish,I wouldn't let 100 miles of interstate stop me.Drive at a safe speed and pull over if cars start backing up behind you.If a cop even bothers to ask... tell him that the trailer was jerking and you just can't drive as fast as you thought you could.I don't believe that Virginia has a minimum speed limit except in a few areas.Check with the Va DMV about your route to be sure. Good luck either way!

Reactions: FTA4PA
I brought mine home on a 4X8 trailer while it was snowing. It was only a 20 mile trip, but in the Detroit metropolitan area traffic can get pretty ridiculous.

http://sanantonio.craigslist.org/for/5571621407.html

I don't know what type these are. I emailed the lister and he will take $75 for both. It's ~4 hours each way for me. It seems that he bought them for a shade structure project and didn't use them.

More pictures.
IMG_2590.JPG IMG_2591.JPG IMG_2592.JPG IMG_2593.JPG IMG_2594.JPG

Seems like a long trip for just the reflectors. IMHO
You'll still have to fabricate or find polar mounts for them. And then fabricate the feed supports.

Right. I just got a little excited about the idea of a 12 foot dish.

Sent from my SD4930UR using Tapatalk

I agree with Fat Air's post.
I would also be concerned about how the dishes were removed and handled.If the guy bought them to make a shade structure,he may have dropped them off the pole and threw them in the back of his truck.It wouldn't have mattered for his purposes.They could be warped.

Now if they were close to home and free... :car