Kijiji, eBay, and Craigslist dishes for you to take a look at

2 Large Satellite Dishes in Cavan Ontario - $250

2 Large Satellite Dishes in Cavan | General Electronics | Peterborough | Kijiji

s-l640.webp

s-l640.webp

sgs

Superior Antenna (SAMI) 6 foot mesh dish with triangular fixed position “Patio Mount” base (USA). WS International ESX 241 single output dual polarity C band LNBF (China). 100 ft of RG6 QS coax cable with connectors. OPENBOX S9 DVB-S2 FTA satellite receiver with remote and manual (China). In good working condition.

I know it is not the optimum size for c band reception but there are those out there who can only have a smaller dish or are limited with their financial resources who may find this a workable compromise so I am sharing it. :)

Superior Antenna (SAMI) 6 foot mesh dish with triangular fixed position “Patio Mount” base (USA). WS International ESX 241 single output dual polarity C band LNBF (China). 100 ft of RG6 QS coax cable with connectors. OPENBOX S9 DVB-S2 FTA satellite receiver with remote and manual (China). In good working condition.

I know it is not the optimum size for c band reception but there are those out there who can only have a smaller dish or are limited with their financial resources who may find this a workable compromise so I am sharing it. :)

I've got the 7.5ft version of this dish, though on a polar mount. It's just barely large enough to receive everything I want, though I've taken many pains to get it perfectly aligned and aimed. . It's barely 2 degree compliant. I wouldn't even bother with any C-band dish smaller than 7.5ft.

I guess fixed on 99w would be ok, and at least their price is reasonable.

I've got the 7.5ft version of this dish, though on a polar mount. It's just barely large enough to receive everything I want. It's barely 2 degree compliant. I wouldn't even bother with any C-band dish smaller than 7.5ft.

I guess fixed on 99w would be ok, and at least their price is reasonable.
As I said in my post, not optimum. There are those out there who can't have optimum so it is their choice to try or not.

Weird Dish lol

> Weird Dish lol

Just curious: In what way do you mean?
There's two dishes in that listing, a WaveFrontier T90 multi-focus dish, and what looks like a DirectTV multi-focus dish.
(The WaveFrontier comes in a smaller version as well, the T55. Great dish - the use of double reflectors make a significant improvement on signal quality!)

Weird Dish lol

But perhaps to your point, yes, the WaveFrontier T90 does look strange with the "smiley face" sub-reflector.
The sub-reflector "spreads out" the signal, and furthermore restores some of the polarization havoc that a "normal" paraboloid reflector introduces.

Somehow, the people at Janky Technology (which is the original Taiwanese mfg) made the subreflector, so that it can be mounted up-side down with no effort at all. Over the years, I have seen several dishes locally for sale with the sub-reflector mounted upside-down. Obviously , the performance of the dish is really bad in that way... :O

At least this one seems ok :)