Kindle e-reader owner's thread

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
My new Kindle Scribe arrived the other day. The 10.2" e-ink screen is fantastic. And the wacom-stylus writing layer works pretty smoothly. I am not convinced the writing on it is better than an iPad Pro, but I was more interested in the large screen.

Still waiting for the Kindle denim cover to come. I picked up a third-party cover, but it's a heavy beast, and turns a very light device into one 3X the weight.

I also ordered one for my wife for Christmas. We will see if she likes it.She has my old Kindle Voyager, basically the 6" precursor to the Oasis.

My new Kindle Scribe arrived the other day. The 10.2" e-ink screen is fantastic. And the wacom-stylus writing layer works pretty smoothly. I am not convinced the writing on it is better than an iPad Pro, but I was more interested in the large screen.
Interesting, how does this compare to the ReMarkable 2?

Interesting, how does this compare to the ReMarkable 2?
Never actually seen a Remarkable, but I think it is the same technology.

Since I got one for my wife for christmas, I haven't had a lot of time to play with mine. As I am keeping it a secret for another 3 weeks. LOL

Reactions: Foxbat
I'm still waiting hopefully for an updated Oasis. The scribe seems too large to tote around as a daily reader to me.

It's like carrying an iPad. as long as you use an actual Kindle case. I bought a third party one which is too bulky, and the flip cover from Amazon itself should arrive on Tuesday.

The amazon "denim" cover is great. It isn't heavy, and protects the device.

The scribe must have a huge battery as it is showing very good battery life.

The amazon "denim" cover is great. It isn't heavy, and protects the device.

The scribe must have a huge battery as it is showing very good battery life.
I haven't had to charge mine in 6 months...it shuts down completly when you dont use it..the older ones used to last about 6 weeks..i guess they didn't shut off completly...instead of hitting the screen to wake it up..i have a physical button that wakes it up

What key dates do I need to be aware of?

March 9, 2023:
- You will no longer be able to purchase a Kindle Newsstand subscription on Amazon.
- Annual Kindle Newsstand subscriptions will not be renewed through Amazon.

September 4, 2023:
- For monthly Kindle Newsstand subscriptions, you will continue to receive new issues until September 4, 2023 unless you decide to cancel. After that date, you will no longer receive new issues or be able to renew your subscription(s) through Amazon. You can continue to read the issues that have already been delivered to you by visiting Your Kindle Library.
- For annual Kindle Newsstand subscriptions you will continue to receive new issues until the earlier of your current subscription end date or September 4, 2023, 11:59PM.

Do they still make kindles with 4g lte connectivity?... I know 3 g went away..the newer kindles don't mention anything about it