Last Resort

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
A very strong show last night. The Defense Secretary and his flunky are obviously some pocket government weasels (were, in her case). Also liked how Grace earned Cobb's respect.

I hope they get Cobb off the path he is on now. The whole I love the boat and crew, but Ill screw you when I get a chance is going to be annoying for me.

I still do not see where they are going to go from here with the show... How long can they keep negotiating/threatening and still have a story? Fighting the local drug king pin is not much of a plot either. Something else really needs to happen.

Do you guys really think that a (maybe) rogue element in the US government that had no problem nuking two cites in Pakistan, would have any problem at all nuking a 3rd world island that has 17 nuclear Polaris missiles and an American sub "hiding" in it's harbor?

They'd do it in a heart-beat in real life. Also NO, blasting unarmed nukes with nukes does not necessarily mean the subs nukes would also go "nuclear" and add to the blast yield. Even so, that also probably wouldn't stop them.

Do you guys really think that a (maybe) rogue element in the US government that had no problem nuking two cites in Pakistan, would have any problem at all nuking a 3rd world island that has 17 nuclear Polaris missiles and an American sub "hiding" in it's harbor?

They'd do it in a heart-beat in real life. Also NO, blasting unarmed nukes with nukes does not necessarily mean the subs nukes would also go "nuclear" and add to the blast yield. Even so, that also probably wouldn't stop them.

That's plausible enough to me.If the US attempts to nuke the sub or island, they will know and can wipe out the US in retaliation.

That's plausible enough to me.If the US attempts to nuke the sub or island, they will know and can wipe out the US in retaliation.

I stand corrected, no more Polaris missiles, they are Tridents. Anyway, their yield is relatively small. They could never take out the whole of the US with only 17, nor would I expect they would ever have the balls for a full-scale preemptive strike. Even the one "aimed" at Washington was a bluff, and not really targeted.

Still, even that one launch alone (fake-out or not) would cause the US government to not hesitate for a single second to blast that sub to bits immediately. They could NEVER take the chance something like that could ever happen again. They would NEVER trust the sub commander to be honorable as to not really launch his missiles, and to only be bluffing.

Well lets see then...They could wipe out the 17 most populated cities in the US.Close enough to to wipe out for me lol.

Just watched the latest episode and I thought it was really good. The previews for the next episode on the other hand lost me. I will watch it, but it seems a bit too strange for me. I could be wrong, we shall see.

Sent from my phone using SatelliteGuys sweet app

I still do not see where they are going to go from here with the show... How long can they keep negotiating/threatening and still have a story? Fighting the local drug king pin is not much of a plot either. Something else really needs to happen.
Yeah, while I'm enjoying the show, I find it hard to see how they can sustain the plot past half a season.

Derwin0 said:
Yeah, while I'm enjoying the show, I find it hard to see how they can sustain the plot past half a season.

I agree, but it sure is a fun ride. I could see this as a good movie plot instead of a network drama.

I agree, but it sure is a fun ride. I could see this as a good movie plot instead of a network drama.

Yes it would of made a great movie, but as a series it is limited in where it can go. Unless they go and show the total exposure of the president and his government croanies and who is behind the nuking of Pakistan. If you ask me though it would of been better as a mini series with a beginning ,middle and end in about 6 two hour episodes or less.

This week's "by the numbers" has Last Resort listed as "certain cancellation". This show's ratings are in the tank! It's a shame because I was just starting to get into it. Hopefully there is some sort of "resolution" episode and we wont be left hanging on at least the main plot point.

Easy way to film an ending for the series. Picture it: President of the U.S. calls on the red phone to an unknown person and says "NUKE the island NOW!" Next scene is a nuclear missile or missiles heading for the island and BOOM!!!:eek: No more characters to worry about and the corrupt president then tells his cabinet members I had no choice . It was only as a "LAST RESORT" that I ordered the bombing of the island and the crew of the U.S. Colorado. " Taps" plays in the background and the camera FADES to BLACK.

There I just gave you a credible ending that included the title of the show and everyone dies happily ever after. The End.;)