LNBF Skew

Status
Please reply by conversation.

bpalone

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 1, 2014
44N 105W
I don't know if anything like this has been posted before or not. If it has sorry for the repeat.

At least on the Titanium C1-PLL, there is a detent marking the center below the degree stamp marks for setting skew. I have always just squinted and whatever else I needed to do, to get close on placement for the LNBF for skew. It finally dawned on me, that why not take a Sharpie and mark the Zero line, so I can easily see it. See Picture below.

Attachments

• LNBF_Mark.JPG
    LNBF_Mark.JPG
    82.3 KB · Views: 156
Reactions: Titanium
Good suggestion! To add to that...

Most of us do not install the feedhorn when the dish is pointed at the highest point of the arc, but instead, we drive it to the lowest elevation to install or service. I drive the dish to the top of the arc and mark the vertical axis of the dish (12 o'clock and 6 o'clock positions) on the rim of the reflector with red polish or a silver permanent marker. These marks will always indicate the vertical axis no matter where the dish is pointed along the arc. To install a LNBF on a HH or polar mount, align the vertical probe with the 12 or 6 o'clock mark (vertical axis). For Chaparral servo feeds, use the marked 12 o'clock position with the Chaparral template or align the long edge of the servo motor approximately with the 11 o'clock position.

Reactions: hank123 and bpalone
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts