Me Tv Chicago is going national

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Scott, I enjoyed the line from Charlie you had underneath your post lol... I'm sure he'll not speak highly of you and FTA in the same sentence ...He'd love to have us pay to watch ME TV and everything else we can still see for free. Maybe you should send him a Christmas card of you standing next to your big dish...second thought maybe not a good idea....Blind

I have talked with Charlie about FTA and he told me he wishes he had the time to play with it. It was true FTA which got him the into the business. He likes to tinker like we do.

I'd like to see the Me Too on the channel that has the test bars now. When I get home in the afternoon ME Tv doesn't have much that interest me until Hogan's Heroes....A lot of the stuff I'd love to see at night, is on in the morning. Nothing against those who like FTA channels that show, Bonanza, Rawhide, etc...most of those shows have been on everywhere it seems. Still I'm glad to see something new!....Blind
Metv 2 is up with color bars. When i did a scan on the TP it came up as metv2. I am getting 76% level and a 86% quality on a pansat 2700a on an 11 foot dish using a 17k cal-amp lnb.

Keeping my fingers crossed that MEtv2 will show something...maybe a west coast feed soon? I'm not greedy lol...Blind
I don't get excited about much anymore but getting my old dish back up has been fun. I really enjoy reading all the posts and learning new stuff. After sitting and thinking about my old solid dish, it was built around 1979 when a friend of mine was still just testing the TVRO field and ended up selling them around the world. This is the best site going. Thanks guys. :up

Some pics of getting my old ADM 11 up & running.

Attachments

• DSC_0013.JPG
    DSC_0013.JPG
    763.9 KB · Views: 206
  • DSC_0009.JPG
    DSC_0009.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 220
  • DSC_0008.JPG
    DSC_0008.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 186
  • DSC_0007.JPG
    DSC_0007.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 194
  • DSC_0006.JPG
    DSC_0006.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 198
very nice pics billyboy...wish I had a dish that size ;)

Thats a wild dish, I couldn't even imagine where to find a new LNB to fit that thing. :D
Thanks guys. Ice that old 11 foot 24 panel alum dish is pretty old. As I stated in an recent post it was made somewhere around late 78 or early 79. It is a copy of a scientific atlanta. We sold a bunch of them. We also made 13, 16 and 20 footers. It still performs well and does good at the 2 degree spacing. When it was new they were at 4 degrees but there werent many birds back then. Scott I just retro-fitted that old beast with a brand new Geo-c2 and it is working great.If you'll look close at my avatar pic, It says "84" on the photo. That picture was taken of one of our demo models at the ham fest in dayton in 1984.

Do you live in or near Erie Dan? If so, I believe I read that Antenna TV will be made available OTA on an Erie subchannel. I'm currently looking to buy the largest OTA antenna I can find along with a preamp just to receive Antenna TV in Pittsburgh.

The only new channel info that I found so far is WLEP-LD channel 43 (DTV 9.1 and 9.2) which is supposed to be a RTV affiliate. They have a color bar on one channel and a old style clock on the other! :up

I have strong video on MEtv and MEtv2, but I do not have any audio. I manually entered the audio PID of 358, but still don't have audio. Can someone help me? Thanks

I have a Traxis DBS 3500, I don't know if it is AC3 capable. Is there a decoder that I can put in the audio line which will pass both AC3 and regular audio? Also, what is a good FTA receiver which will pass both AC3 and regular audio? What about the Lexium DBS 7000? Thank you for your help.

Last edited:
I have a Traxis DBS 3500, I don't know if it is AC3 capable. Is there a decoder that I can put in the audio line which will pass both AC3 and regular audio? Also, what is a good FTA receiver which will pass both AC3 and regular audio? What about the Lexium DBS 7000? Thank you for your help.

I don't think the Traxis is AC3 capable. To decode you can use a Cyberhome Sonic Voom, or a capable home theater receiver. I have no idea what a Lexium is but an Openbox S9 will get you AC3 and regular audio, as well as DVB-S2 and HD. Lots of people here on the forum are very happy with the Openbox, including myself (I have 2 of them).

I don't think the Traxis is AC3 capable. To decode you can use a Cyberhome Sonic Voom, or a capable home theater receiver. I have no idea what a Lexium is but an Openbox S9 will get you AC3 and regular audio, as well as DVB-S2 and HD. Lots of people here on the forum are very happy with the Openbox, including myself (I have 2 of them).

Thanks for the information. I Googled for about an hour looking for a Cyberhome Sonic Voom, but I did not find a single one. The Openbox S9, does it pass the AC3 and regular audio on the same output? I will probably upgrade my receiver since not finding a decoder. This forum is a goldmine of useful information. Again, thank you for your help

Thanks for the information. I Googled for about an hour looking for a Cyberhome Sonic Voom, but I did not find a single one. The Openbox S9, does it pass the AC3 and regular audio on the same output? I will probably upgrade my receiver since not finding a decoder. This forum is a goldmine of useful information. Again, thank you for your help

That's too bad, used to be able to pickup those Sonic Vooms for 20 bucks or less. Yes, the Openbox will output both audio types on the both output. Yes, the amount of info here is incredible, and you are quite welcome for the help.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)