Me Tv Chicago is going national

Status
Please reply by conversation.
First, if the Traxis is not ac3 capable, why would you even BE looking for a sonic voom? But on the odd chance that you DO want them for something else ...

Cyberhome CH-HPS 10 6-channel Surround Headphones NEW | eBay

Next, as far as the Openbox S9 HD is concerned, there have been very few complaints, not only will it improve the sound TYPE (including AC3) but quality. Plus there is the advantage of getting HD and S2 signals, and for the cost of these now (under $150 shipped) there isn't any way you can go wrong. Although the gold sponsers on this forum do not carry this particular receiver, you might try hypermegasat, he has several in stock (according to his web site).

I hope this helps more than a "yes, yes, no, yes" answer.

Photto

First, if the Traxis is not ac3 capable, why would you even BE looking for a sonic voom? But on the odd chance that you DO want them for something else ...

Cyberhome CH-HPS 10 6-channel Surround Headphones NEW | eBay ,,,,,,

Looks like that eBay listing is for the headphones only, no decoder included:

"WARNING: Please make sure that these are the headphones that you need. These headphone are not standard and are designed for CyberHome DVD players that support surround sound headphones. These headphones can also be used with Game Consoles and other CyberHome DVD players by using a CyberHome Headphone 5.1 Channel Decoder (not included and we do not have any of these decoders)"

When HD/S2/AC3-capable receivers were much more expensive than now, and the Sonic Voom decoders were available for $20 shipped, the SV units made a lot of sense. These days, the Openbox is hard to beat. :)

I saw that too Phlatwound, and I feel the same way. I bought two of them when I placed my order almost a year ago. One of them is still unopened and I have no idea why I am saving it. I was using the Coolsat in the bedroom and CNX DUO in the living room. Now I have the Openbox in the bedroom and I am trying to save the money to replace the DUO in the living room with another Openbox. Then I have to start re-investing in replacing all of my single feed lnbs with dual fees so I can feed the living room.

Ah ... does that journey ever end? (smile)

Photto

Well I just turned over to one of our local sub-channels. No RTV! BUT it is now METV. Watching Hogan's Heroes as we speak! Looks to be a good line up! :) I have not fired up the Ku dish, but is RTV still on 83w?

I can't live without my MeTV ;) ... Fortunately, it is on the same satellite (87W C-Band) as NASA-TV, so the fixed 6-foot PortaBUD I put up for NASA also receives MeTV and ThisTV.

There got to be less and less on RTV that I watched. I am anxious for Hogan's Heroes, Combat and MASH. Looks to be some good other shows too :)

It's nice to see that channel 7 is willing to give use a good selection of programming to watch as compared to some of the other ones. Like channel 2.2 which I think is absolutely worthless and then 9.2 is not far behind.

Like channel 2.2 which I think is absolutely worthless
TheCoolTV?

They've got some decent music on there. ALso I see you have antenna TV on 20-2

Hey be lucky you have subchannels that are decent. Here in Minneapolis it sucks
CBS..none
ABC...reruns of old newscasts...dead serious. Who wants to watch the replay of the early morning news at 2:00 in the afternoon?
FOX...SD counterpart
NBC...24/7 weather
CW....has CoolTV and The Country Network
My....SD counterpart
Indy...ThisTV

so in a major market like Mpls and we have 3 subchannels (not including the PBS or Ion stock subchanels)

Me TV looks like they added an affiliate....and for those with a dish elsewhere this may help

KDEV-LP added it. They are in the AnikF3 mux (118.7 3920 H 18447)...its delayed 2 hours but hey whatever works

well....do I dare get excited?

Minneapolis adding MeTV soon?????

I go to their site and input my zip
You can watch Me-TV in the Minneapolis/St. Paul area on the following stations: and it says
COMING SOON

HOWEVER......there is a glitch. They post KSAX as the station its coming too.....which is interesting
KSTP is our local ABC affiliate (owned by Hubbard)...they are supposedly adding it to WDIO in Duluth which is also owned by Hubbard

KSAX (and KRWF) are semi-satellites of KSTP (they air some commercials different and a 10 minute news/weather snippet in the middle of the main news). KSAX is about 150 miles up the road from Minneapolis in kind a "no mans land" area

So hoping they add it to our local station (either KSTP ABC replacing that stupid reruns of newscasts channel) or KSTC (which has ThisTV on a subchannel) :)

METV was added to WSLS TV out of Roanoke Va last week on channel 10.3 OTA in this area. So now we have 2 channel 7s (CBS), 3 channel 10s (NBC), 2 channel 13s (ABC), 2 channel 21s (Fox), 2 channel 27s (also FOX), 3 channel 29s (CW and CBS) and 3 channel 43s (ION) all OTA.

well at the top of the hour they ID'd as "My40 KDEV-LP"

so since My Network is really only 2 hours M-F they might be a mix...My during that time and Me the others...looking at the titantv it showed paid program most of the time...so I guess this is an improvement ;)

HOWEVER......there is a glitch. They post KSAX as the station its coming too.....which is interesting
KSTP is our local ABC affiliate (owned by Hubbard)...they are supposedly adding it to WDIO in Duluth which is also owned by Hubbard

KSAX (and KRWF) are semi-satellites of KSTP (they air some commercials different and a 10 minute news/weather snippet in the middle of the main news). KSAX is about 150 miles up the road from Minneapolis in kind a "no mans land" area

Putting it on KSAX would get it must-carry on DirecTV and Dish. I suspect that's the rationale being employed here.

- Trip

nah its probably just an error on the metv site...

KSAX is on cable in most of Central/Northern MN instead of KSTP. Again KSAX has alot of their own commercials and has a 10 minute news/weathercast on the 5,6 & 10 news (they cut into the KSTP news after 1st commercial).

Even if they consider it must carry there still has to be a way to get the feed from Alexandria to Minneapolis. Now maybe KSTP can figure out a short cut but I think the metv site meant KSTP.
Heck you put in a zip for Minneapolis, Mankato, Worthington, Bemidji and it says KSAX on all of them.

I woke up this morning and found METv on ch 67.3 in Buffalo NY. Whith THIS on 67.1 67.2 and RTV on 2.3 I now can keep my dish parked at 91w. This is so Kool oh ya I get COOL on 49.2. Getting rid of cable is the best thing I ever did; now I can afford beer and pretzels : )

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts