Mini Genie for an RV?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
IMG_0530.PNG
Here is a better pic of the numbers...

Reactions: Jimbo
Unless as I stated earlier ...

If for some reason you feel you might need the SD versions of your locals from 119 W.L. in case the HD versions of them on the Ka band should suffer rain outages during a storm or something ...

Sent from my LGMS550 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Tazfire
Let me see if I understand - I have a H24 receiver I'm taking from home. It's with a Genie & mini Genie. The set up shows on "switch type" SWM LNB 8 CH when in the house.
I have a RV set up with Slimline 3LNB SL3KNR0-02. When I tried hooking up in the RV I got a "cannot detect SWM" message.

Do I need to get a SWM box to connect through if I move my receiver from home to RV and back?

Let me see if I understand - I have a H24 receiver I'm taking from home. It's with a Genie & mini Genie. The set up shows on "switch type" SWM LNB 8 CH when in the house.
I have a RV set up with Slimline 3LNB SL3KNR0-02. When I tried hooking up in the RV I got a "cannot detect SWM" message.

Do I need to get a SWM box to connect through if I move my receiver from home to RV and back?

The model number of the LNB in the RV is not a SWiM type, but a 4 output legacy one.

To operate the H24 with that LNB you must attach a B-Band Converter (BBC) to the receiver satellite input and go into the receiver settings and change the LNB type to "multiswitch."

And then reboot the H24 to detect the new setting and switch to legacy mode.

You're right about the "4" missing.

OK, thanks. I guess I'll have to get the BBC to connect then.

reboot means to turn off and restart the receiver, I assume.

:welcome to Satelliteguys walimike!
In the menu settings is a restart option. That will reboot the receiver. In the alternative, you could get a swm lnb and a power inserter for the rv. If you are going to move the H24 from the rv to home and back, it's a good idea so you won't have to go through the rebooting process. The swm setup automatically detects the swm signal, the non swm doesn't detect that it isn't one. It holds onto the swm setting until you reboot, which is why you have to reboot it when going from a swm to non swm setup.

Correct ...

What I should have added though is once you've installed a BBC go to ...

"Menu" ---> "Settings & Help" ---> "Settings" ---> "Satellite" ---> "Repeat Satellite Setup"

And rerun the entire satellite setup with "Switch Type" selection on "multiswitch."

That should put the receiver into legacy mode, however they can be stubborn sometimes to get out of SWiM mode, so the H24 may require a reboot (yes, powering cycling it for a "hard reset") if after initially rerunning the satellite setup the receiver is still stuck in SWiM mode.

You'll have to reconfigure the set up each time you move it from the house to the RV and back ....
Seeing your using a SWM lnb in the house ....
If you got the same SWM LNB and used it in the RV, moving the recvr would be a simple plug and play.

Pretty much what Chip said a few posts above ... I hadn't read thru all the posts before posting this.

I hope I can still get a response to this thread. I don't mean to hijack Tazfire's thread but we have similar questions. I assume he got his system to work.

I purchased a new LNB - SL3S4NR2-02 supposed to be 3lnb, SWiM.
My receiver is H-24 100 and satellite connector says "SAT IN (SWM-1)
I purchased a power inserter, model PI21R3-16

I thought I'd make the conversion easier by staying with a swm system.

My problem is I am getting the "cannot detect swm" message. I've made sure all connects are correct and tight. I've unplugged the PI to try and reset it.

What am I missing? are these systems compatible or is there a problem with the PI??

A note - I gave up on the "SL3K4NR0-02" lnb. I got a BBC but the receiver wouldn't change switch type. I couldn't get it change, it always went back to swm.

So I just changed lnb's.

I had a Satellite Finder attached between the satellite and the PI. I was just reading that the swm system was incapable with a this satellite finder. If I took that off, would that help????

A note - I gave up on the "SL3K4NR0-02" lnb. I got a BBC but the receiver wouldn't change switch type. I couldn't get it change, it always went back to swm.

So I just changed lnb's.

I've found , with much frustration, that to get the receiver to 'forget' SWM mode you have to rerun satellite setup and select 18" round dish.
Run the entire reboot,10 mins or so. Then rerun satellite setup with slimeline and multi switch selected , another 10 mins, and that usually works. Easier to change portable lnb and get PI for mobile system and keep the setup the same!!

Doctor j

IMG_0535.JPG
Hi gang,

It's been a while but STILL no luck getting the dish to acquire any sort of signal. What the hell am I doing wrong????????

You may be pointing at the wrong satellite. Can you post the signal strengths for 101?

Assuming you entered the right zip code they are correct. Did you use magnetic north?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)