MLB EI dual feeds

Status
Please reply by conversation.

T_N_T

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 9, 2006
Hendersonville,TN
I searched and coulden't find anything about dual-feeds this year, anybody know if we are going to get them on EI/Will the away team feed be in HD(if you have Superfan)?

Tim

I was wondering the same thing. I keep checking for the new schedule, but it isn't up yet. I suppose it will have to be up in the next day or two considering opening day is in a week. (Technically, Tuesday, considering the Japan series between the Red Sox and A's.)

I don't know if this will actually shed any light on the dual feeds or not. Were duel feeds a feature last year? I used MLB.tv instead of EI.

I was wondering the same thing. I keep checking for the new schedule, but it isn't up yet. I suppose it will have to be up in the next day or two considering opening day is in a week. (Technically, Tuesday, considering the Japan series between the Red Sox and A's.)

I don't know if this will actually shed any light on the dual feeds or not. Were duel feeds a feature last year? I used MLB.tv instead of EI.

No.

There is some talk about the dual feed issue, but only speculation and hope as of yet.

Jimbo

I've been EAGERLY hoping to make an announcement on this, but can't yet.

I've asked about it to the person directly in charge of sports packages, and they are working hard on it and very hopeful to have dual feeds for MLB much like they do now for NHL.

Extra Innings doesn't start until 3/31, so even though the season will start early in Japan, they have a little more time to finalize the EI offerings.

I'm not sure if there will be an actual announcement before the season starts and we find out through the program guide, but I'll keep asking :)

Of course, there's no channel information at all, so maybe there's still a chance. Even the times are messed up. They have west coast games starting at the same time as east coast games, which is clearly wrong. So, maybe they just threw up the schedule so people could get an idea of whether or not the games will be carried.

Dual feeds would be impressive....looks like between 12 to 15 games a day and when you add in the HD stuff that's alot of channels. Several more games then the NHL on a daily basis.

The channel range will be 720-749 this year with a free preview next week.

30 station locations - looks like we get dual feeds, no reason to have that many and not have then, given HD is on the -1 setup now!

From satelliteracer:

Strike Zone’s normal schedule throughout the season will be Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Fridays and Saturdays starting at 4pm PT until 11pm PT. However, due to the sporadic schedule of games the first week of the season, the show dates and times for the firstweek will be as follows:

Monday – March 31st * Noon PT until **9pm PT

Wednesday – April 2nd * 4pm PT until **11pm PT

Friday – April 4th * 4pm PT until **11pm PT

[There will be no shows on Tuesday April 1st and Saturday April 5th]

Also, there will be no shows Friday July 4th, *Tuesday July 15th and *Wednesday July 16th.

[* All Star Game]

**All off times are approximate.

30 station locations - looks like we get dual feeds, no reason to have that many and not have then, given HD is on the -1 setup now!

Sweet dual feeds, that will be awsome! I wonder if D* will carry the Indians opening day feed though, because it is on WKYC Channel 3 out of Cleveland.

My guess is no, TNT. Others have checked and found that most games carried by local stations will not be available on EI. It will probably be the infamous Hawk and DJ White Sox broadcast. Oy.

My guess is no, TNT. Others have checked and found that most games carried by local stations will not be available on EI. It will probably be the infamous Hawk and DJ White Sox broadcast. Oy.

Who is the one that says "He Gone", that is really really annoying..

Yes... that would be the Hawk. Some other great quotes from him...

"Duck snort"
"Rack em up"
"Ducks on the pond."
"You can put it on the board... YES"
"I love Diet Pepsi without caffeine"
"Come on, Timo!" and other general homerness

No... Indians fan, but I lived in the Chicagoland area for about 6 years and was subjected to Hawk a lot.

No... Indians fan, but I lived in the Chicagoland area for about 6 years and was subjected to Hawk a lot.

Cool, yea I lived in Champaign for a while(I just didn't know who was who, didnt pay much attention), so I know the feeling, good to see another Tribe fan on here.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts