MLB EI dual feeds

Status
Please reply by conversation.
OK....enough about the white sox and indians, I'm starting to feel self-councious needing to see some Tigers scoring runs.

The Tigers will score plenty of runs this year... do not worry about that.

Also, TNT, I lived in Champaign from 2003-2006.

Sorry to get off topic... looks like dual feeds could be a reality and I'm pumped about that. It was always depressing to turn on the game on EI or MLB.TV and get the opposition's feed.

Cool, yea I lived in Champaign for a while(I just didn't know who was who, didnt pay much attention), so I know the feeling, good to see another Tribe fan on here.

TNT, there are PLENTY of Indians fans on the board here.....

If you want and have time, do a search back to last years pennant race and see how many Tigers and Indians fans are here.

There are quite a few and it's lots of fun every year, as long as people stay civil.

The college football season got kinda out of hand this year, but we all survived ...

Jimbo

Indians, Sox, Tigers, oh my. I have nothing to add here, just thought I would give the Senior Circuit some loving. I know we have some Mets (boo)fans on board here, couple of Reds, and of course my Phils. I still curse the whole freaking Philly Comcast/Sat Cos thing, at least we are getting the games now. 2 years ago we were only getting about half. Just a couple of days left....

Well, I have 722-749 and -1 for HD per each channel. So, it stands to reason that dual feeds might just be available.

Very happy to see the -1 in the guide to accomodate 28 channels of MLB games.

That pretty much secures dual feeds for 2008!

I still don't understand why they didn't just come out an announce it when the reached an agreeement. I would think it would help them sell the package to more customers.

I still don't understand why they didn't just come out an announce it when the reached an agreeement. I would think it would help them sell the package to more customers.

That's the problem... they could potentially take customers from cable. While that would be great for DirecTV, MLB would have the same problem as last year when they tried to get an exclusive agreement with DirecTV for EI. MLB is probably asking DirecTV to keep this quiet for fear of being hassled again.

Don't know if anybody noticed, but the MLB EI channels are up, dang a lot of channels, more than last year... I think it is for dual feeds.

Don't know if anybody noticed, but the MLB EI channels are up, dang a lot of channels, more than last year... I think it is for dual feeds.

See posts 27/28.

Pretty definate that with 28 channels for games, and the -1 being there too, that we will have dual feeds for 2008!

That's the problem... they could potentially take customers from cable. While that would be great for DirecTV, MLB would have the same problem as last year when they tried to get an exclusive agreement with DirecTV for EI. MLB is probably asking DirecTV to keep this quiet for fear of being hassled again.

I think there is a big difference between the exclusive package (which John Kerry was so adamantly against) and an inherent competitive advantage that DirecTV can enjoy because they have the ability to do so. Cable could do this if they want to, they simply don't have the bandwidth to feasibly do it.

Does anyone know if the Phillies will be part of the dual feeds? They started showing more Comcast Philly feeds around the all star break but they were still sporadic- hoping they are shown from the jump this year... Actually I just wish the FCC would right their wrong and close the loophole completely so I could see CSN Philly on Direct TV period.

Once again,
MLB did NOT try for ANY EXCLUSIVE AGREEMENTS WITH ANYONE.
Everyone was invited to the party, D* was the only ones that ponied up the money.
DISH could have gotten into it and decided NOT to and Cable as well, they all wanted D* to pay for everything to get it started and then hop on after the footwork had already been done and they said NO, you need to pay the same type of agreement that D* has.

Jimbo

Well, it certainly wasn't presented that way in the media, Jimbo. I wasn't aware of this situation.

Well, it certainly wasn't presented that way in the media, Jimbo. I wasn't aware of this situation.

The media made it sound very one sided because they were not paying for the MBL EI package last year (and probably not this year either)

They made it sound like it was exclusive, but everyone was offered, then when NO ONE else offered, it in essence did become exclusive, but thats not D* fault no one jumped in with them. :)

Jimbo

Once again,
MLB did NOT try for ANY EXCLUSIVE AGREEMENTS WITH ANYONE.
Everyone was invited to the party, D* was the only ones that ponied up the money.
DISH could have gotten into it and decided NOT to and Cable as well, they all wanted D* to pay for everything to get it started and then hop on after the footwork had already been done and they said NO, you need to pay the same type of agreement that D* has.

Jimbo

I was with Dish last year when the EI deal went down. And saw practically all the big players sign on to EI but them. And when they balked on CI till the last second I bolted them before my commitment was up. And now we see how they've blown off CI HD coverage. They ain't going to bat for the sports fan, that's for sure. I don't envision leaving D* anytime soon.

Does anyone know if the Phillies will be part of the dual feeds? They started showing more Comcast Philly feeds around the all star break but they were still sporadic- hoping they are shown from the jump this year... Actually I just wish the FCC would right their wrong and close the loophole completely so I could see CSN Philly on Direct TV period.

Well, the good news is that yes, we did get to see the Philly Comcast feed some times last year. Damn I enjoyed listening to harry Kalas, "Its outta here!" The other good news is that we have also seen, not many mind you but some of the Comcast Philly feeds for the 76er games this year on the NBA Ticket. That said, I somehow see dual feeds for just about everyone but , of course, our beloved Phils. I hope we get it but I am not optimistic. I too would love to have that channel though. Pre game, post game, Eagles shows, 6ers, damn, my wife would kill me! Go Phils!!!!!

The EI schedule is beginning to populate the guide. It does look encouraging. There are multiple listings, for example, of the Tigers opener v. KC. Three channels listed for that game alone.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)