Motorola DSR 920 vs DSR 922

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Petawha2

Original poster
Mar 22, 2008
I am looking for someone with info on the advantages of using the Motorola DSR922 vs the 920?
Recently acquired a C-Band dish with a Uniden Super receiver.
So I would like to have a 4DTV receiver, but if the 922 isn't that much different than the 920, then I think I should just get a used or new DSR 920.

Anyone with input on this would be great

thanks

Petawha2

Last edited:
Get the 922. it does more symbol rates and gets more channels. It has a better motherboard & tuner.

Petawha2, from another new guy, welcome to the forum! There is some serious brainpower around this place that can answer about anything. :)

I don't own any 4dtv equipment (yet!) but have been schooling myself, here are some links that I think you will find helpful. If you are looking at buying a used unit pay particular attention to the battery replacement info...a dead battery = expensive "doorstop"! The replacement procedure is described in detail in the C-Band FAQ's (at the top of this sub-forum). And here is a link that should answer your question about the differences in the 920 & 922 (or create more questions! :D).

http://www.satelliteguys.us/free-air-fta-discussion/124798-dsr-920-card-slot.html

There are also a lot of other threads about those 4dtv units that can be found with the search function, read a few, ask some questions, repeat as necessary.....good luck!

Grab a 922 from Skyvision or NPS for the best deal, it will be new with warranty and I find it better than the 920, plus a 920 you will need to change the battery and you will miss out on 5.1 and some channels.

Thanks for the feedback.
I will have to think hard before I do anything.
Right now, I just want to get this new dish installed.
A customer gave me his C-band dish, 8.5'. I am not sure of the make. But I also have received a Uniden super 4400, and Pansat 2700 for M-PEG2. I already have a 80 cm dish with a Traxis 3500 that I use for The Pentagon Channel on AMC 1 at 103 degrese W, Ku.
(I am a Marine Reservist) So, anyway to make a long story short, at this point I have a welder making a mount for my roof since that is the only place to put this dish on my property. The point i sthat I do not want this to be a huge expense now. Later, I would like to buy a 4DTV receiver with an HD Decoder, and maybe a new M-PEG2 HD receiver as well. For now I just want to get all this operational with the big dish. I will try to make due with what I got.
My HD programming now is from DirecTV and off air antenna, so that is ok for now. But as HD subscription expands on Digichiper 2, and free MPEG-2 HD in the future then I would like to have better equipment. For now this is for fun, which cannot become a HUGE expense. At least not now. Thanks again for the advice on the Motorola 4DTV receivers

Petawha2

Pentagon Channel is also on IA8/G28/T4 at 89W C-Band so you could use that for Pentagon and the 80cm dish you could always aim at another KU satellite if the C-Band dish doesn't have KU capabilities.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts