Motorola DSR 920 vs DSR 922

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Petawha2

Original poster
Mar 22, 2008
I am looking for someone with info on the advantages of using the Motorola DSR922 vs the 920?
Recently acquired a C-Band dish with a Uniden Super receiver.
So I would like to have a 4DTV receiver, but if the 922 isn't that much different than the 920, then I think I should just get a used or new DSR 920.

Anyone with input on this would be great

thanks

Petawha2

Last edited:
Get the 922. it does more symbol rates and gets more channels. It has a better motherboard & tuner.

Petawha2, from another new guy, welcome to the forum! There is some serious brainpower around this place that can answer about anything. :)

I don't own any 4dtv equipment (yet!) but have been schooling myself, here are some links that I think you will find helpful. If you are looking at buying a used unit pay particular attention to the battery replacement info...a dead battery = expensive "doorstop"! The replacement procedure is described in detail in the C-Band FAQ's (at the top of this sub-forum). And here is a link that should answer your question about the differences in the 920 & 922 (or create more questions! :D).

http://www.satelliteguys.us/free-air-fta-discussion/124798-dsr-920-card-slot.html

There are also a lot of other threads about those 4dtv units that can be found with the search function, read a few, ask some questions, repeat as necessary.....good luck!

Grab a 922 from Skyvision or NPS for the best deal, it will be new with warranty and I find it better than the 920, plus a 920 you will need to change the battery and you will miss out on 5.1 and some channels.

Thanks for the feedback.
I will have to think hard before I do anything.
Right now, I just want to get this new dish installed.
A customer gave me his C-band dish, 8.5'. I am not sure of the make. But I also have received a Uniden super 4400, and Pansat 2700 for M-PEG2. I already have a 80 cm dish with a Traxis 3500 that I use for The Pentagon Channel on AMC 1 at 103 degrese W, Ku.
(I am a Marine Reservist) So, anyway to make a long story short, at this point I have a welder making a mount for my roof since that is the only place to put this dish on my property. The point i sthat I do not want this to be a huge expense now. Later, I would like to buy a 4DTV receiver with an HD Decoder, and maybe a new M-PEG2 HD receiver as well. For now I just want to get all this operational with the big dish. I will try to make due with what I got.
My HD programming now is from DirecTV and off air antenna, so that is ok for now. But as HD subscription expands on Digichiper 2, and free MPEG-2 HD in the future then I would like to have better equipment. For now this is for fun, which cannot become a HUGE expense. At least not now. Thanks again for the advice on the Motorola 4DTV receivers

Petawha2

Pentagon Channel is also on IA8/G28/T4 at 89W C-Band so you could use that for Pentagon and the 80cm dish you could always aim at another KU satellite if the C-Band dish doesn't have KU capabilities.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)