My real life Voom Experience!

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

voom4u

Original poster
May 10, 2004
I just recently received my VOOM system and i thought i would let everyone know how i feel about it. I initialy went to sears to buy it and waited in their TV department 45 minutes for some un experienced taco vendor to help me. I only recomend you go to sears to view the channel line up and quality of image NOT TO BUY. I ended up ordering direct thru their site www.voom.com where i got what sounded to me like a str8 out of high school tech guru "better then the taco vender @ sears". The order process was smooth sailing and the service was punctual. OK LETS GET DOWN TO THE NITTY GRITTY! Ill start with the negative. They have alot of what I like to call filler channels "channels added just to add them" the 10 cinama channels are classic movies revamped to HD in most cases are not true HD and dating from 1970-1990 SUX, I dont like it if you're into older movies you might. The moov channel is great if your a hippie stuck in the 60's on LCD all freacky visuals with weird colors and sounds IT SUX!,They have a HD auction channel SUX if your not into auctions, Gallery channel HD & Ultra Fashion channel HD same applies unless you're interested in art or runway models all day IT SUX. That is at least 14 WORTHLESS HD CHANNELS that i can think of off the top of my head. Also Being that my building faces north I wasnt able to get local channels as they advertised the instaler spoke to someone @ VOOM and the VOOM rep told the installer for me to call in and that they would offer me a SUBSTANCIAL discount. I called and they told me they had no notes in the system and that they could only offer me 1 month of a plus pack of my choice. 1 month woopie! thats a bargain for a sucker! OUT OF OVER 20 HD CHANNELS OFFERED 3 are only worth viewing Dicovery,Rave and Rush. Now lets talk about the good. The image on the HD channels are SUPERB, AWESOME, UNEXPLAINABLE (not including the 10 cinema channels the quality on those suk) unfortunetly theirs only 3 in my case to watch! :( .Im sorry for not being able to offer any better news as I am overall not happy. I feel the only way this will be worth it is if you got their VA VA VOOM package with all the channels. Overall unless they pull a rabbit out of a hat im gonna have them pick it all up. Id think its good if it was $39.99 a month but for 2 receivers my monthly total for the voom package is $67.04 NOT WORTH IT!

I am a one week Voomer. I agree that some of the exclusive channels are not all that exciting but, overall.... I love it. The content will get better on these channels. VoOm is only 8 months old...See if you feel the same way in 2-3 yrs. You are on the ground floor of an exciting venture! I was a Dish user for 5 yrs, DirecTV for 10 mos and just switched to VoOm. I honestly feel I have received more value from VoOm ALREADY than with 10mos with DirecTV' HD and other channels. The DD 5.1 audio with VoOm is superb compared to DirecTV! VoOm rocks!

voom4u said:
...I feel the only way this will be worth it is if you got their VA VA VOOM package with all the channels. Overall unless they pull a rabbit out of a hat im gonna have them pick it all up. Id think its good if it was $39.99 a month but for 2 receivers my monthly total for the voom package is $67.04 NOT WORTH IT!

I have no idea why anyone would bother with the basic package, for the reason you mention - the basic HD is not worth it. The Cinema 10 channels will improve in both quality and variety. The comment about them not being true HD is not really true. They were recaptured from film to HD, but due to encoder limitations they are currently running at 720P rather than 1080i. Their variety will improve with time - perhaps they should cut the number of channels and mix up the schedule a bit, running perhaps 10 movies a day on 2 channels. Capturing in HD from film is HD though quality of the original film will limit the experience. They will be going to 1080i as they get to it.

You have to realize that this is an upstart and there will be typical upstart issues. I don't mind putting up with that since I have Va-Va-Voom...

WORTH IT? I think not

Well VOOM was a bust for me. bad customer service , lousy signal, and even worse installer. 2 1/2 week wait for a tech to fix faulty stb but only 1 week for a tech to uninstall ???? is that logical? CS Supervisor advised me a week 1/2 ago refund was processed and still waiting for my refund, it has been a month total. i sure hope they get their act together if only for competitions sake. i for one will never go back to voom until they change their ways. I will continue to post negs until they refund my money.

stevesmall said:
Well VOOM was a bust for me. bad customer service , lousy signal, and even worse installer.

Seems to be a common thing with Voom. I wonder if they will ever get the installs better? Does DTV and Dish have the same amount of botched installs? It's hard to believe.

-John

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts