NBA 2012-13 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jordan in his prime could have me playing SF and Chicago would still be a championship team. Jordan loved the pressure and didnt check out after 3 quarters.

92 Bulls vs 12 Heat... who'd win?

Cheers, K

we will never know who would win. Wade would have an awful time guarding Jordan... but Pippen would get killed by Lebron.

Jordan in his prime could have me playing SF and Chicago would still be a championship team. Jordan loved the pressure and didnt check out after 3 quarters.

92 Bulls vs 12 Heat... who'd win?

Cheers, K

is that the 72-10 bulls? the bulls imo. comparing each era doesn't say much either way when the game isn't exactly the same. on your "checkout after 3 quarters" comment, you will never find another NBA player who has that off the charts competitive fire that jordan until this day still has. MAYBE Kobe.....

I'd take Jordan/Pippen and Grant over James/Bosh and Wade anytime. Am not disputing the talent level of James/Bosh/Wade, my point is when all-stars decide to play on the same team, their winning record shouldnt be taken too seriously..... In a serious all-star game, the Heat could possibly hold their own against the NBA all-stars.

@ Rey --> Very few athletes, IMO, might come close to Jordan's competitiveness but Jordan's was off the scale in this department. Top of my head am thinking Maurice Richard and Arturo Gatti.

I remember a ESPN report that Jordan slapped Kerr around for goofing off in practice in the late 90s.

Cheers, K

I'd take Jordan/Pippen and Grant over James/Bosh and Wade anytime. Am not disputing the talent level of James/Bosh/Wade, my point is when all-stars decide to play on the same team, their winning record shouldnt be taken too seriously..... In a serious all-star game, the Heat could possibly hold their own against the NBA all-stars.

Cheers, K

Why, are you going to say the Yankees during the Steinbrenner should not be taking serious?

IF every single owner had to chance/money to trade or sign enough free agents to load their teams full of all-stars, it would happen in every single sport. Do not kid yourself, it was NOT up to Jordan on WHO came to the Bulls. Jordan objected for MONTHS when they traded Oakley to the hated Knicks for Cartright. Neither Jordan nor Pippen wanted ANYTHING to do with Tony Kukoc, but Jerry Krause added him.

Jordan never really had a chance to test free agent market because most, if not all of contracts were negociated way before they expired.

Dude... Jordan could have left the Bulls when either of his 3 contracts expired...He wanted to be in Chicago, the NBA needed him there more.

In basketball, 1 or 2 players can dominate a game, but baseball (along w/ football and hockey) requires more effort from the entire team

As for the Yankees, they have the advantage of playing in a largest market in North America, has its own TV station and is the most well known MLB team in the world so their bankroll is more than many teams combined)

The Boss and company deserve credit for the 90s Yankees since they drafted well (Jeter, Posada, Pettite, Rivera, Wiliams, Soriano) then added a lot of quality talent (Tito, Boggs, Girardi, Rogers, Wettland, Key, O'Neill)

When they started spending bigger money and creating huge contracts (Arod, Burnett, Abreu,Giambi) is when things started to decline IMO. However, credit to the BOSS as he wanted to win badley and spending wasnt an issue.

Cheers, K

Dude... Jordan could have left the Bulls when either of his 3 contracts expired...He wanted to be in Chicago, the NBA needed him there more.

The ONLY TIME Jordan was ever close to be a free agent was when he came out of retirement. ALL other contracts were negociated BEFORE they expired.

In basketball, 1 or 2 players can dominate a game, but baseball (along w/ football and hockey) requires more effort from the entire team
Not so true, I have seen many football players completely take over games both of offense and defense. It is not as uncommon as you think.

As for the Yankees, they have the advantage of playing in a largest market in North America, has its own TV station and is the most well known MLB team in the world so their bankroll is more than many teams combined)

The Boss and company deserve credit for the 90s Yankees since they drafted well (Jeter, Posada, Pettite, Rivera, Wiliams, Soriano) then added a lot of quality talent (Tito, Boggs, Girardi, Rogers, Wettland, Key, O'Neill)

When they started spending bigger money and creating huge contracts (Arod, Burnett, Abreu,Giambi) is when things started to decline IMO. However, credit to the BOSS as he wanted to win badley and spending wasnt an issue.

Cheers, K

Obviously, you forgot about the years BEFORE the 90s: Reggie Jackson, Catfish Hunter, Dave Winfield, Roy Smalley, Ken Griffey. The for those daft picks you mentioned, there was MORE big name free agents that carried the team. YES, the Yankees have had a few "home grown" talent..but they have always know..and still know as a team "built to win"...and mostly throw OTHER teams stars.

1- Jordan wanted to stay in Chicago hence why they were negoticated before free agency. if he hated Chicago he could have walked.

2- Am having a hard time seeing your 2nd point. Football teams are too big, so it relies more on a team effort. You can have 1 player stand out and dominate but they also must depend on the teammates. Basketball, an individual can take over...which is easier to do because its only 5 players on the floor per side. How many times did we see Jordan sink a three, then get a steal on defence and scored again ?

3- Before the 90s? Gimme me credit man am not that old!

Cheers, K

Oil delay???? Hahaha only in Cleveland :eek:

Posted Using The New SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Cavs looking strong after 1Q

Umm. 19 point lead :eek:

Umm. 19 point lead :eek:

yep. Once again Miami playing poorly for a second straight game. embarrassing. they don't seem to understand that teams good or bad are going to leave it all out on the court to beat them no matter the circumstances. D looks slow, nothing going in equals disaster. overall a very poor performance. off to bed....

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Cadavers still up by nine after three quarters. Look to read some features tomorrow on spurned teams having gotten "even". While none come immediately to mind, I know I have seen it happen over the years...

77-77 WoW

#24 in the works.. amazing comeback so far.

Turning into a rout. LeBron pulled a Reggie Miller. He got 8 points in 48 seconds, which put Miami into the lead by a point, probably to stay.

Status
Not open for further replies.

2013 Masters Tournament

Rutgers coach Mike Rice abusing players

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)