NBA 2012-13 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.
That was TOUGH! Celtics always plays Miami tougher than anyone else. I still feel they had way better intensity throughout the game than Miami and it seemed they were hitting everything,especially green. Somehow Miami escapes.........

Boston was victim # 23.... Next

Ipad 4 + SatelliteGuys Reader App!
it's going to be very tough for Miami to even tie this record. They may very well lose this next game believe it or not. I have a love and hate thing going right now with this streak. This freaking game has given me a headache :eek:

Last edited:
That was TOUGH! Celtics always plays Miami tougher than anyone else. I still feel they had way better intensity throughout the game than Miami and it seemed they were hitting everything,especially green. Somehow Miami escapes.........

Best regular season game I've seen I years.

Celtics were really thin on the bench tonight without KG, they just ran out of gas at the end. But I'm more than encourage by that effort without him.

Jeff Green, wow, but he'll probably score 4 points the next game unless this is his wake up call.

Get ready Cleveland.. Lebron is back in town. Cant wait to see in on my LP on Wednesday.

Posted Using The New SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Best regular season game I've seen I years.

Celtics were really thin on the bench tonight without KG, they just ran out of gas at the end. But I'm more than encourage by that effort without him.

Jeff Green, wow, but he'll probably score 4 points the next game unless this is his wake up call.

you guys have some real good young players that will continue to get better. this rivalry isn't going away anytime soon so we should enjoy it while it lasts :-D. hell of game!

About as close to a game 7 as you are gonna get in a regular season game. WOW! The Celtics have gotten younger and more athletic and as much as I HATE the Celtics, what a great story in Green. As soon as Pierce is done...THAT is their go to guy. Very humble and unassuming as you are going to get..reminds me of Len Bias in may ways.

Growing up, "33" was one of those numbers in sports that I thought was unattainable. Baseball has/had several such numbers- Hank Aaron, Lou Gehrig, Roger Maris and the grand daddy of all sports numbers- Joe DiMaggio and "56". Steroids robbed us of two of those mythical numbers, and Cal Ripken and his incredible work ethic ended another.

What the Miami Heat are currently doing is very special! I realize the Houston Rockets got to 22 straight five years ago, but that team didn't have the mojo, or more importantly talent, that this Heat team has. As long as this streak stays alive, the next three weeks or so EVERY Heat game will be an event whether the opponent is the Celtics, Lakers, Bobcats or Wizards!

The Celtics played as well as they could last night, but LeBron and the Heat would not be denied. They are on a mission and as the saying goes, we are all witnesses!

About as close to a game 7 as you are gonna get in a regular season game. WOW! The Celtics have gotten younger and more athletic and as much as I HATE the Celtics, what a great story in Green. As soon as Pierce is done...THAT is their go to guy. Very humble and unassuming as you are going to get..reminds me of Len Bias in may ways.

A buddy of mine was at last night's game and was also at Lakers-Celtics 2008 NBA Finals game 6 when the Celtics won the championship. He told me that last night's atmosphere made that Finals clincher feel like an October exhibition game!

Am taking this wining streak with a grain of salt. What do you expect when a bunch of all-stars get together and say "hey let's all sign w/ the same team". ..they're going to win a lot of games man!

I remember a few days after Riley signed his "big three"... Jordan was asked if, he had the chance, would he sign on the same team as Bird and Magic... he's response: No, I wanted to beat those guys.

All this is doing is creating a 2 tier level of competition/talent in the NBA....Big market teams that all-stars want to play in and go to: The Bostons, Miamis, LA, Dallas and the teams they want to avoid: Toronto, Charlotte, Minny, Cleveland...

Cheers, K

Am taking this wining streak with a grain of salt. What do you expect when a bunch of all-stars get together and say "hey let's all sign w/ the same team". ..they're going to win a lot of games man!

I remember a few days after Riley signed his "big three"... Jordan was asked if, he had the chance, would he sign on the same team as Bird and Magic... he's response: No, I wanted to beat those guys.

All this is doing is creating a 2 tier level of competition/talent in the NBA....Big market teams that all-stars want to play in and go to: The Bostons, Miamis, LA, Dallas and the teams they want to avoid: Toronto, Charlotte, Minny, Cleveland...

Cheers, K

Meh. There's always been teams with multiple All-Stars. In the 80's the Celtics had Bird, McHale and Parish and the Lakers had Magic, Kareem and Worthy. Neither one of those teams ever sniffed 33 in a row. Remember, they only played each other twice a year. Why couldn't either one of those teams win 33 in a row?

I'm not arguing that this Heat team is the greatest ever (but when the season is over, MAYBE one could make that argument). IMO, the '86 Celtics is the greatest team ever, but again they never had a run like this. To get up for all levels of opponents night after night , and playing in hostile environments AT THIS LEVEL, IMO it's a HUGE accomplishment!!

Growing up, "33" was one of those numbers in sports that I thought was unattainable. Baseball has/had several such numbers- Hank Aaron, Lou Gehrig, Roger Maris and the grand daddy of all sports numbers- Joe DiMaggio and "56". Steroids robbed us of two of those mythical numbers, and Cal Ripken and his incredible work ethic ended another.

What the Miami Heat are currently doing is very special! I realize the Houston Rockets got to 22 straight five years ago, but that team didn't have the mojo, or more importantly talent, that this Heat team has. As long as this streak stays alive, the next three weeks or so EVERY Heat game will be an event whether the opponent is the Celtics, Lakers, Bobcats or Wizards!

The Celtics played as well as they could last night, but LeBron and the Heat would not be denied. They are on a mission and as the saying goes, we are all witnesses!

4,256 ;)

Absofriginlutely!!! :)

And let's not forget Pete came the closest to that "56" when he had that 44 game hitting streak. That was a memorable run watching him chase DiMaggio, and he did set the NL record when he passed Willie Keeler? (I think it was).

Meh. There's always been teams with multiple All-Stars. In the 80's the Celtics had Bird, McHale and Parish and the Lakers had Magic, Kareem and Worthy. Neither one of those teams ever sniffed 33 in a row. Remember, they only played each other twice a year. Why couldn't either one of those teams win 33 in a row?

I'm not arguing that this Heat team is the greatest ever (but when the season is over, MAYBE one could make that argument). IMO, the '86 Celtics is the greatest team ever, but again they never had a run like this. To get up for all levels of opponents night after night , and playing in hostile environments AT THIS LEVEL, IMO it's a HUGE accomplishment!!

The 80s era was different than today. IIRC, the Celts drafted Bird and McHale and traded for Parrish. All three didnt get together one night and said, "hey lets all sign with the same team". The 80s Celtics were built not bought.

Now we have more teams, and there is a bigger gap between the "good" teams and the "mediocre" ones.

As for yesterday, if #5 was in the lineup, the streak would have ended. Granted they deservingly won games but got lucky on others. It also helps they play in the weakest division in the EAST.

Cheers, K

The 80s era was different than today. IIRC, the Celts drafted Bird and McHale and traded for Parrish. All three didnt get together one night and said, "hey lets all sign with the same team". The 80s Celtics were built not bought.

Now we have more teams, and there is a bigger gap between the "good" teams and the "mediocre" ones.

As for yesterday, if #5 was in the lineup, the streak would have ended. Granted they deservingly won games but got lucky on others. It also helps they play in the weakest division in the EAST.

Cheers, K

Jordan was the ULTIMATE ego maniac... he would rather be solo than add someone to help HIM win the championship....

Jordan in his prime could have me playing SF and Chicago would still be a championship team. Jordan loved the pressure and didnt check out after 3 quarters.

92 Bulls vs 12 Heat... who'd win?

Cheers, K

Status
Not open for further replies.

2013 Masters Tournament

Rutgers coach Mike Rice abusing players

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts