NCAA Football 2011-2012

it throws a lot of chances out there ... the one i like is:
#3 Arkansas beats #1 LSU and becomes #1 LSU drops to #3 ( i would suspect leaping to #1, but its my scenario so i can say that)
#2 Alabama beats # 21 Auburn plays #12 Georgia in the SECCG and wins

then Arkansas would play Alabama for the NC and LSU in the Sugar , three SEC teams in the BCS :)
that would probably kill the BCS

then Arkansas would play Alabama for the NC and LSU in the Sugar , three SEC teams in the BCS :)

There is a rule that only 2 teams from one conference can be in the BCS. In this situation LSU would be left out of the BCS.

Also I still do not think that a team that does not win their conference should be able to play in the NC game.

I still think that the top two should play, since there are easily valid reasons such as what could happen here, where a team might not get to play for the conference championship.

Of course that is easy for me to say since it looks like Bama has the easy path to the NCG now.

I still think that the top two should play, since there are easily valid reasons such as what could happen here, where a team might not get to play for the conference championship.

Of course that is easy for me to say since it looks like Bama has the easy path to the NCG now.

Can't win your conference in football IMO you can't be the best team in football.

I don't think we will have to worry to much as not having that extra game is going to hurt Bama. They need a couple of the one lose teams that are going to the conference championship game to lose in order to get into the NCG.

it throws a lot of chances out there ... the one i like is:
#3 Arkansas beats #1 LSU and becomes #1 LSU drops to #3 ( i would suspect leaping to #1, but its my scenario so i can say that)
#2 Alabama beats # 21 Auburn plays #12 Georgia in the SECCG and wins

Well what if you have this playout?

#1 LSU vs #3 Arkansas = LSU wins

#2 Alabama vs Auburn = Alabama wins

THEN you have Georgia beat LSU in the SEC title game.... if the top 5 tonight are LSU, Bama, Ark, VT and Stanford....what do you see happening here providing VT and Stanford wins out (keep in mind its possible VT plays 2 more ranked teams and Stanford does not).

Interesting chips to fall here...

What if LSU and Alabama win out? Then it's LSU and Bama, the two best teams in the country based on their resumes, the human polls and computers. But according to some of you sports geniuses, the BCS will have failed again only because two SEC teams have come out on top. Something tells me that even if a playoff resulted in this, some of you will still be bitching. ;)

What if LSU and Alabama win out? Then it's LSU and Bama, the two best teams in the country based on their resumes, the human polls and computers. But according to some of you sports geniuses, the BCS will have failed again only because two SEC teams have come out on top. I love it.

This goes back to the whole Ohio State Michigan debate a few years ago. I remember that most around here were not in favor of that game even if they were still #1 and #2 at the end of the year. Strange how things change when it is a different conference in the talks. ;)

Can't win your conference in football IMO you can't be the best team in football.
In this situation I think you possibly can. Very rare to have the top three ranked teams in football all be in the same conference. (assuming top three as of the new polls). Only one can go to the conference champ game.
The way I see it is who cares if they are in the same conference or division? The best is the best, and I think LSU has the top claim right now, obviously. Based on schedule and performance, and possible outcome of the LSU/Arkansas game, I think that Bama and Ark could claim above any others the right to face them. I mean if you only lost to the best (in a close game no less), how are you not above those that lost to lesser teams?

I don't think we will have to worry to much as not having that extra game is going to hurt Bama. They need a couple of the one lose teams that are going to the conference championship game to lose in order to get into the NCG.

I would have seen that as a possibility before this weekend. I dont see any of them getting enough of a boost to jump Bama now. VT? Nope, clemson was exposed this week, and they will likely be too low anyway. Houston? Forget it. They will likely play USM, a team that lost to UAB. No boost there.
Oregon is out.
Stanford? Maybe. But I think they are too low as well, and the loss to Oregon by that large of a margin is glaring.
A meltdown against Auburn aside, or in the SEC CG, there will be two SEC teams in the NCG. Only question is, which two.

JAG72 said:
This goes back to the whole Ohio State Michigan debate a few years ago. I remember that most around here were not in favor of that game even if they were still #1 and #2 at the end of the year. Strange how things change when it is a different conference in the talks. ;)

That's because other than their fans, most of us could see they were not the two best teams in the country which, as we all know, was easily proven during post season. ;)

They were not 1 and 2 in the BCS rankings when the bowl schedule was handed out.

They were not 1 and 2 in the BCS rankings when the bowl schedule was handed out.

Correct but there was a large debate prior and nobody wanted to see the game happen again even if they were. That was the only point of my post. Besides the SEC fans who would like to see Bama and LSU play again?

Correct but there was a large debate prior and nobody wanted to see the game happen again even if they were. That was the only point of my post. Besides the SEC fans who would like to see Bama and LSU play again?

Point taken.
My main point was they werent ranked one and two at the proper time, so the comparison probably wont be valid to this situation, as most likely there WILL be two SEC teams ranked in those top two spots. And rightfully so IMHO.

OSU lost in OT. I don't see them falling that much in the BCS. They may still be the team behind the three SEC teams (I love saying that :)).

They most likely will be considering the whole scope of the weekend. And that may change next weekend as I still see Oklahoma beating them.

JAG72 said:

No one? :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts