NCAA Football 2012-13 season

Status
Not open for further replies.
What entitlement? I said if Oregon or Kstate go undefeated they deserve the title game. Neither are in the SEC.

Enjoyed it as well. A&M is going to be a challenge in the SEC, they fit well.

If the Irish go through Stanford, Oklahoma, and USC and finish undefeated, why wouldn't they deserve an MNC shot over a one loss Bama, who has struggled and now lost (at home) against the meaty part of their schedule? It's how a team plays the entire season, not how the media hypes them.

Exactly.

Sent from my Kindle Fire HD using tapatalk 2

Enjoyed it as well. A&M is going to be a challenge in the SEC, they fit well.

If the Irish go through Stanford, Oklahoma, and USC and finish undefeated, why wouldn't they deserve an MNC shot over a one loss Bama, who has struggled and now lost (at home) against the meaty part of their schedule? It's how a team plays the entire season, not how the media hypes them.

Hmmm,
I've been rooting against ND, with that thinking, maybe I should root for them now !

mccoyrj said:

I don't think Notre Dame passes the eye test, isn't that what the polls are?

The eye test may be part of it but my eyes say they are undefeated against a good schedule. It's hard to disregard record and just pick the championship game based on a completely subjective "eye test".

king3pj said:
The eye test may be part of it but my eyes say they are undefeated against a good schedule. It's hard to disregard record and just pick the championship game based on a completely subjective "eye test".

I don't think they've played a good schedule at all. When you don't play in a conference, 2 games doesn't make a schedule.

If they dominate USC, and one of the other undefeateds lose, than maybe ND has a case, but right now they don't.

I'd say going undefeated with impressive road wins in Oklahoma and possibly at USC, plus the Stanford win, would pass the eye test. If you compare ND's schedule with Bama's you won't see that much difference. Now Bama is starting to struggle against the truly competitive part of their schedule. If ND finishes undefeated I think they deserve a shot over any one loss SEC team. Just being realistic.

Last edited:
mccoyrj said:
I'd say going undefeated with impressive road wins in Oklahoma and possibly at USC, plus the Stanford win, would pass the eye test.

USC already has 3 losses. What's impressive about beating a 3 loss team?

USC already has 3 losses. What's impressive about beating a 3 loss team?

so far that's the same team Oregon's signature win came against. They also beat Oklahoma who is the best team Kansas State has beaten. Were those teams better when Oregon and Kansas State played them just because they had less wins? If you say a win against USC isn't impressive Oregon truely hasn't beaten anyone.

so far that's the same team Oregon's signature win came against. They also beat Oklahoma who is the best team Kansas State has beaten. Were those teams better when Oregon and Kansas State played them just because they had less wins? If you say a win against USC isn't impressive Oregon truely hasn't beaten anyone.

Agreed. If it's good enough for Oregon and Kansas St., it's good enough for the Irish, who could wind up beating both Oregon's and Kansas St.'s one big win.

Of course if ND loses, we're all just blowing smoke out of our rear ends. :D

Last edited:
king3pj said:

They've won road conference games, which are the hardest games.

They've won road conference games, which are the hardest games.

Were talking about the exact same teams here. Why are they harder games just because they are in conference?

You and I both know playing and defeating the "Fighting Irish" is a big deal for all teams throughout the country. They have it just as hard, especially on the road.

Also Oklahoma and USC would both be road wins for ND too.

mccoyrj said:
You and I both know playing and defeating the "Fighting Irish" is a big deal for all teams throughout the country. They have it just as hard, especially on the road.

Notre Dame hasn't been relevant in anyone's lifetime who is playing college football right now. No one playing college ball is 40+.

king3pj said:
Also Oklahoma and USC would both be road wins for ND too.

They haven't played USC yet, and this was the first time playing OU in how long? It's so different than playing a team year after year.

Notre Dame hasn't been relevant in anyone's lifetime who is playing college football right now. No one playing college ball is 40+.
Lol. What does that have to do with this year? Your Gators weren't relevant last year either. :D

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

POLL: Hypothetical: If Tebow and Te'o collided the results would be:

NFL Championship Sunday Picks

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)