Neusat Sp-6000

Status
Please reply by conversation.
The Neusat channel editor does work if you load a 3rd party firmware into the receiver. I will try reverting to the factory bin, and see if it retains that functionality. (I hope it does. I hate having that stuff in my receiver right now. Besides already locking up a few times, it makes me feel dirty.)

The Neusat channel editor does not upload/download any illicit data, as far as I can tell, only channel, satellite, and personal preferences. Also, the Neusat channel dat file also contains user preference settings (language, parental locks, etc.). I don't know how CM will handle that.

Either way, CM is a much better application. And, I look forward to it being compatible in the very near future. I really do hope the author is working on it.

Gary, did you find any other functions changed, improved/worse. You said it crashed, was that doing a particular function?
I wonder if the switch problem I have would improve with the other firmware.
I do not like the idea of loading it and loose all the sat's, positioning or otherwise.

I did not notice any added functionality. (Although, theoretically, there are is added "functionality", which I didn't attempt to use.) It froze a few times while in "radio" mode when looking through the channel list, or filtering the list by sat.

One thing that may be causing issues is that I added my D500 using a Diseqc switch. Maybe that is confusing the software? I have the motroized Ku dish on port 1, and the 2 outputs of the DP Twin going into ports 2 and 3. In the receiver's Sat setup, I have E6/8 assigned to port 2, and E7 assigned to port 3. But, it seemed to scan those E sats perfectly. (Lots of free radio, even a handful of Sirius channels are legitimately in the clear, if you didn't already know.)

Thanks, looks like I probably have to try it, I don't like to, but if they were doing improvements along with the obvious crap, there could be a chance it would solve a problem I have with the C-Ku switching during blind scan on the same sat.

So, for those that have motors, is it hard to setup the Neusat 6000 to run the motor? I did not find anything in the receivers meuns for a position, etc. The Fortec Classic NA has a setting for motors. Just wondering, I am weighing my options on what I am doing next. THANKS!

I had the same trouble finding the position entry. It's hidden in the Satellite Position submenu.

Choose the satellite on the left side, move the cursor to the right side, click on "motor", or something like that. Once in the motor control menu, click on "satellite postion", and window pops up where you enter your own lat and long there. Really counter-intuitive.

Also, when in the main satellite setup menu, if you click on "transponder" on the right side, the sub menu allows you to do a manual scan of the individual TP's or an auto-scan of all of the listed TP's.

I definitely prefer the menu structure in the Coolsat, especially for sat setup and scanning. But, the Neusat menu has pretty icons and nicer colors.

Got my Neusat this morning... seems to be working great. I discovered a way to move the Satellites order in the Sat list you select the Sat and then press the volume down and you can move the sat postition in the list.

Gary Z said:
Got my Neusat this morning... seems to be working great. I discovered a way to move the Satellites order in the Sat list you select the Sat and then press the volume down and you can move the sat postition in the list.

NICE FIND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I was having the same problem. Try doing a "default" reset in the system settings menu, then going back to satellite motorized setup. (FYI-You will lose all your settings and channels.)

If that doesn't work, try the default reset again, then update to the latest FACTORY firmware (available on neusatusa.com), and do another default reset. It should work after that.

My USALS is working like a charm.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts