Neusat Sp-6000

Status
Please reply by conversation.
iafirebuff said:
I got the email too. I passed on it though. The 2 things I main thing I dislike about the Neusat is that it re-writes channel names when you rescan :(

Call the company on the rename issue see what they say? report back on that because this will give an indication on how they handle requests.
I was wondering how do you input a frequencies for a satellite yourself and let it do a blind scan that way?

iafirebuff said:
I got the email too. I passed on it though. The 2 things I main thing I dislike about the Neusat is that it re-writes channel names when you rescan :(

I had a box do that too. Renames the existing channel names. Not good :(
I dont mind if the name changes slightly but to go from University network to "TV1" sucks

Well, I am not by a phone during the day, so I can't call the company. I would imagine it would be a moot point to them - maybe not.

neftv said:
Call the company on the rename issue see what they say? report back on that because this will give an indication on how they handle requests.
I was wondering how do you input a frequencies for a satellite yourself and let it do a blind scan that way?

iafirebuff said:
Square Trade is a legitimate company. I actually purchased their 3 year warranty for my LCD Projector. I deal with projectors on a daily basis, and am familiar with their failure rate. It was one of the rare times I've purchased one.

Probably not worth it for a $70 FTA receiver that will probably be replaced before 3years has passed.

neftv said:
From what I understand, they don't call back. I've also heard their voicemail box is full, and won't even take messages. Considering the price these boxes are being dumped for, I don't think Neusat is much of a "company" for the future.

I wonder if it's even much of a company at all. I wonder if their address is just an one-man office, storefront, or even a mailbox etc, and it's really run out of a garage or something.

GaryPen said:
From what I understand, they don't call back. I've also heard their voicemail box is full, and won't even take messages. Considering the price these boxes are being dumped for, I don't think Neusat is much of a "company" for the future.

I wonder if it's even much of a company at all. I wonder if their address is just an one-man office, storefront, or even a mailbox etc, and it's really run out of a garage or something.

I did call them last week to find out about the Pal to NTSC conversion ablity of this Receiver and the call was answered in the first ring and I had an answer.

Iceberg said:
I had a box do that too. Renames the existing channel names. Not good :(
I dont mind if the name changes slightly but to go from University network to "TV1" sucks

On most of the Receiver, when the PC Editor work you can solve the problem.

Saludos
Hiebert

The Neusat channel editor is not very good. It's more difficult to use, and less feature-rich, than Channel Master.

It's also buggy. I spent hours creating a custom channel list, renaming hundreds of channels, only to have it mix up and corrupt the data. Grrrr.

The Channel editor works great for me... I have used it at least a half dozen times so far no problem.

My Traxis 3500 is able to lock on to weak channels the Neusat does not.

It worked OK when making small changes. But, when changing lots of channels, and switching between individual satellite views and the "all satellite" view, and re-sorting, it would mix data up.

It would be like taking a bunch of cells from a spreadsheet, and scrambling them, so that cells b1, c1, d1, etc were no longer lined up with a1. They stayed in the correct columns, but would be in different rows. So now, row 1 might have cells a1, b4, c7, d2 lined up in a row.

Also, if I made changes to a channel in one satellite, it would sometimes duplicate those changes on a different channel on another satellite!

Very frustrating.

I did alot of changes with mine also... deleted all the scambled Channels and move a bunch of channels no problems, The Hope Channel scan as scrambled, but with the editor you can mark it has false and it does not show up has scambled useful when you only want to show only FTA and not all the Scrambled stuff you can't see anyway.

Maybe I'll download the software again. I could have dl'd a bad version, or the file may have gotten corrupted during the download. Or, even got damaged at some point after using it for a bit.

On second thought, that last one may really be the case. Just recently, I was trying to open a SatcoDX file with the Neusat channel editor that I created in CM from a Coolsat channel list, and it would crash. It opened CM created SatcoDX files OK before. (OTOH, it could be that I'm using the newest 1.14 of CM. I was using 1.13 before.)

Which channels specifically? It seems OK to me. I'm not familiar with all the channels up there. It seems about the same as teh Coolsat, as far as I can tell. I haven't gone through the channel lists with a fine tooth comb to compare.

About half the Channels on G10.... about 10 channels on IA5, did not seem to have that problem with my Traxis... maybe I need to tweak my dish more... or replace my cable.

The damn channel editor did it again!!! :mad: :mad: :mad:

I spent considerable time editing channel names and deleting unused radio channels on one satellite, and it changed them in the background, on another satellite!!! It also transposed some of the edited names to the wrong channels on the satellite I was working on.

What a piece of crap that editor is! If the can make it open SDX files, they should be able to make it save files as SDX, as well. Then, I can open the file once, save it as SDX, and use CM.

Also, the author of CM says that he contacted Neusat months ago, and they promised to give him the conversion data right away so that CM would work with Neusat DAT files. He hasn't heard from them since. :confused:

Status
Please reply by conversation.