New Channels 340 (FSFL) and 341 (FSFLHD)

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
hornmdt said:
It should not matter where you live to get these RSNs as long as you subscribe to the Sports Package. Since VOOM does not have one of those yet, making it impossible to subscribe to it, VaVaVoom should do it.

Directv does have a sports package, if you subscribe you get all the RSNs, if you do not subscribe you only get the one that covers your area.

I don't see why this would be any different with Voom. It could only be Voom policy, nothing that is mandated to them or directv would not be able to offer all of the RSNs to a single subscriber.
You get the RSN's but when there is an "event" it gets blacked out unless you already paid for that package (football, baseball, college etc..).

flipper2001 said:
How the heck did you get it.. I'm going to call voom again toniht and refuse to hang up till they get it on.

I didn't call for it I have VaVaVoom and it comes in check to see if you have 340- that is FoxSportsFLorida, 341 only turns on it seems with HD content.

Here's a tip Voom -- don't show us channels in our guides that we aren't able to get! If we get all the FSNs then are we going to see like 20 of them in the guide even if we can only tune one? I'm sure they waste a lot of CSR time from people calling in about these channels.

Well the Padres/Marlins game was in HD looked just as good as the day before, but still no info in the PG regarding channel 341 so we know when their is going to be HD content.

Dvlos said:
I didn't call for it I have VaVaVoom and it comes in check to see if you have 340- that is FoxSportsFLorida, 341 only turns on it seems with HD content.
Mine didnt come on for either 340/341 but I called Voom and waited on the phone for nearly 45 mins with the customer serivce rep who kindly kept putting me hold. She said "oh your in florida, you might be able to get that". I said i should get that! At 930 when broadcast started it still said to call. She said she went to check on my bit settings, I said ok. She came back and said because I have been rebooting the stb so much for other problems (prior to getting 6.20) it affected the way my box accepted new channels.. (total bs if you ask me because I got USA when it came on without a problem, I got 321 without a problem). But she got it on and it was razor sharp clear, the sound I guess they are still working out. But if you look on internet, you cant find "ANY" information for Fox Sports Florida HD. This could be a nice thing that voom has if no one else has it.

I have them both in my PG and both say Call Voom to Upgrade or something in that matter, I'm in CA.

Does anyone know if we will get these?

No, if you're getting the upgrade screen on Both channels, then you can't get it.

Like most regional networks it should only be available in Florida. If voom did decide to affer the channel as a sports pack, only non professional content could be seen national. Voom must blackout content to people out of the market. The only way Voom could offer games out of market is if they had an agreement with the leagues to sell the season packages.

I'm sure this has been answered, but I didn't feel like wading thru all these pages to find it. But, just who should be actually seeing these 2 channels? Seems to me that people OUTSIDE of Florida would be the ones seeing them, not the people IN Florida that can get it thru their locals.

Shouldn't Voom "mask" these channels so that if you live in say Ohio you see FSN-OHIO/HD and I only see my 2 florida channels and so on and so forth. If they add 10 RSN markets over the next weeks I don't really want to see 10 channels with upgrade screens. Seems kind of wierd to do it that way, they should release a firmware upgrade if can't be done over the Sat. so you're box blocks out certain channels?

When I signed up they told me I'd get all channels added to VaVaVoom until 2005. If this is more 'your not qualified' BS, then chalk it up as another Voom lie.

Just wait until 2005, when some 'new' pricing scheme will come to get all FSN channels no matter where you live for a fixed price. This will in turn say I was lied to in March of 2004. Tivo did stuff like this too and burned customers.

I think from now on I'm going to have to tape record all conversations with Voom for 'legal reasons' later down the road when they screw me, for 'quality purposes'.

Yeah I think we're all going to be in for a surprise at the end of the year! A BAD surprise! The pricing I have now $85 per month is all I can afford....I know that much!

I agree also that we were supposed to get all channels added to VaVaVoom until 2005..... I guess they forgot!

:rolleyes:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)