New Channels Added! (BBC, Noggin, etc...)

RAJH said:
More SD channels. Wow! Woopee!

I really don't care. I did not get Voom to watch SD channels. I suppose it is a necessary evil to satisfy the masses. I would trade in ALL of the SD channels for just one more good HD channel.

Don't you people who want hd realize that VOOM is changing their marketing FOR THE GOOD

They used to try to be the elite addon service catering to rich people (If they have HD, they must be rich).

Now, they are going for the market by taking away DTV/Dish subs by adding the same channels and a few that they do not carry. It is a good plan, and they have a sight on where they are going, and a few more HD are in the works, but there are not that many out there to choose from.

Many have said 'I'll buy if you add xxxx', well they added xxx, and yyy and zzz! So the subs will come.

Dolan will follow the DTV plan. Give away boxes for min sub commitments, and watch the money flow in in 12-20 months. Same as DTV did, exactly.

Offer a ton of channels, they will come.

They already have most of the HD content out there, and I know they are missing some sports HD. It will come.

"INHDs are not just cable any more." Someone should tell their webmaster. He's going to be very busy changing all of those "Only on cable" logos :D

"(If they have HD, they must be rich)" You couldnt be more wrong with that statement.

B.Greenway said:
"(If they have HD, they must be rich)" You couldnt be more wrong with that statement.

I agree, that WAS their thought and it was wrong. They are fixing it.

Exactly what I said.

Folks, they are not through adding channels and we are still in March. Give the voom folks a chance before whining about what your not getting. They are adding channels as fast as they can! I am sure if you are patient until the end of the month you will probably get what you want.

just my .02 cents!!!

who can say "VOOM" is wrong now " added " NOGGIN", and " BBC", what else is there" "Espn2",odlHD, what esle??.

Ok philhu, I was just quoting what you said. I guess that’s what happens when you purport to know what someone else is thinking. I disagree that Voom ever targeted the “rich”, the basic package was affordable; it just needed rounding out, which is happening now.

I get a chuckle hearing all this "what their doing now" and "They've begun to realize" talk, about the new channels. The channel additions we're seeing now were announced last November. Don’t think that just because Voom hasn’t addressed every single gripe and concern from customers, that their not aware of the need.

Ahhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!

Voom what a great surprise. I know I have been screaming about more HD but I will take noggin for my son. All I have to say is .......bye bye Directv.

Mike

mkwillia said:
Ahhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!

Voom what a great surprise. I know I have been screaming about more HD but I will take noggin for my son. All I have to say is .......bye bye Directv.

Mike
Great but maybe to late:. HDTV is for parents not Children: maybe the fat lady has sung::: "way to late , could be bad planning or who knows, but we now have most if not all of the best:, " sports " ok not so good?"

Great news!

Sure, we all want more HD, but VOOM is doing exactly what it needs to do to woo away Dish and Direct subscribers -- and that is add as many SD channels as they can so that the masses will really have little excuse for not switching because channel XYZ was missing.

Now what will be slowing switchers is the lack of a DVR unit. Many Direct and Dish folks have a SD-DVR and once they get used to using it they love it and won't give up their DVR.

Doggone it, VOOM, get that HD-DVR unit into COSTCO and let people buy it with a big rebate after signing up for service and free install. For example, buy the DVR at Costco for $489 and get a $200 rebate when siging up for basic service, or a $400 rebate if you take VaVaVoom for 12 months. The Dish 921 is at Costco for $489, so VOOM should match it or beat it in price -- throw in the rebates and folks will flock to VOOM like bees to honey.

Next, add five channels of HD Pay-For-View and price the movies at $3.99. Folks will use their HD-DVR to buy and record the shows and you'll have a new and needed revenue stream.

Now, add SD locals and HD nationals. Move the SD locals to HD in time for the holiday shopping season.

VOOM has the potential to rule the world. Dish and Direct are dicking their customers around and dragging their HD feet -- 2005 is a HUGE window of opportunity for VOOM -- lots of sub $999 HD sets will be on the shelves by Thanksgiving and a VOOM brochure should come inside every box.

Thanks Charles Dolan - you are now officially on my Christmas card list.

And, the kids love NOGGIN.

This is all great...!!! Just what is needed but there is still one big piece missing IMO...
they need to LET ALL KNOW ABOUT IT!!! I think they should either launch ad ad campaign soon or at least a press release mentioning all these addtions and maybe they would start to take D* and E* subs and increase their market share!!!

abarnes said:
Folks, they are not through adding channels and we are still in March. Give the voom folks a chance before whining about what your not getting. They are adding channels as fast as they can! I am sure if you are patient until the end of the month you will probably get what you want.

just my .02 cents!!!
Folks, please quit whining about the whining. It's as important a part of these forums as the cheerleading. And not all expressions of dissatisfaction, or suggestions for improvement, are "whining". So please don't force me to continue whining about the people whining about the whining. :D

See how annoying that is? Whine away guys. Say whatever's on your mind -- the mods'll let you know if it's out of line.

Originally Posted by vurbano
Watch out for a price increase. D* customers should also be shaking in their boots. Total choice premiere already at 93.99 + 10.99 for HD + mirroring fees. They think that 3 additional birds in the air arent gonna raise rates they are kidding themselves. We shouldnt kid ourselves either. Im wondering just how high everyone is willing to go?

Damn dude. You bitch if you were hung with a new rope. Is there anything this company can do to please you?

I love the HD channels too, and I want to see more of them. But I still heartily applaud this strategy. Voom *has* to have a competitive channel lineup, including SD, to play with the big boys.

Besides, now I have my VH1 Classic! :D

TheTimm said:
Folks, please quit whining about the whining. It's as important a part of these forums as the cheerleading. And not all expressions of dissatisfaction, or suggestions for improvement, are "whining". So please don't force me to continue whining about the people whining about the whining. :D

See how annoying that is? Whine away guys. Say whatever's on your mind -- the mods'll let you know if it's out of line.

Tim,

Let me be the first to say you need to quit whining about the people whining about the wining people and start watching more of are great VOOM HDTV!!!

You know, I would be nice to see just one positive thread in this forum without the bitching! Here in the last 10 days we get all these new channels from a company that is fighting for it's very existence. Give it a rest, they will cover most of your needs in due time although some of you will never be happy. I know I am and it's time to call Charlie and cancel my Dish sub!!!

It's all about sports!!!

IMO, the most important SD channels that VOOM should've added this month to attract people are the RSN's (much more important than all other channels added this month). How many times we hear: "I don't switch to VOOM because it lacks my RSN to watch my local baseball/basketball team"? Voom should add ALL RSN's (both SD and HD):

Altitude Sports & Entertainment
Comcast SportsNet (Chicago)
Comcast SportsNet (Mid-Atlantic)
Comcast SportsNet (West)
FSN ARIZONA
FSN BAY AREA
FSN CINCINNATI
FSN DETROIT
FSN FLORIDA
FSN MIDWEST
FSN NEW ENGLAND
FSN NEW YORK
FSN NORTH
FSN NORTHWEST
FSN OHIO
FSN PITTSBURGH
FSN ROCKY MOUNTAIN
FSN SOUTH
FSN SOUTHWEST
FSN WEST
FSN WEST 2
Madison Square Garden (MSG)
New England Sports Network
Sun Sports
YES Network

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)