New channels coming soon?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Just wanted to say that, from a personal perspective, gaining BBC America is what will "allow" us to have Voom. We watch something on it probably every day (OK, I am a Brit...) and the wife would never contemplate moving from Dish to Voom without it. Now that's not to say that HD should not be the central focus of Voom, but I think that rounding out their SD offering will see a lot more people like us coming over.

We love HD and soooooo want more (yes, the wife can clearly tell the difference and gets mightily upset when things happen like on Sunday night, when our local NBC "forgot" to broadcast Crossing Jordan in HD), but we just don't want to lose a major channel (for us) in the process. Once these channels come on board (did the CSRs give any indication as to when the channels are being added - by end of month maybe?), we will be Voomers for sure.

Cheers,

Mark

I agree with Alto, Most HDTV owners seem to be satisfied with 3-5 HD channels from the other providers and many more HD channels is not enough reason for those owners to jump ship, if voom cannot offer alot of the other SD channels that they enjoy watching, there is no real need for them to change providers since they are happy with what they have.

This is not the case for us HD elitists! ;)

I will say I refused to jump to voom from the devil cable company because they did not offer SciFi and a few other SD channels I enjoy. Once they got it, I got voom...then moved and couldn't install voom :(

So in order for voom to attract the non HD enthusiest who would like HD but can live with out a big selection they must expand their SD line up.

Additionally I am sure voom, once everything settles down will be working hard at increasing the HD channels as they come available.

vurbano said:
I suggest you count again. I count 9, 10 if you want PPVHD. It looks as if D* will add Espn2hd when its ready. Voom needs to at least commit to that.

HDTVChannels.gif
i want the Outdoor channel in HD real bad. Come on VOOM we need this channel in either SD or HD I am paying D* etra just for this channel along with the NFL Ticket.

Voom has SciFi on 523. The problem with dish and DTV HD besides selection is the hardware isn't cheap

With Comcast you at least don't have to spend an arm an a leg for a HD receiver

Pfff

Kelljc,

You don't have to care about the Cubs to like WGN.......I am a Dodgers fan and that means I'll get at least a half dozen more Dodger games.....plus, WGN offers other programming that will offer broad appeal (ex. sitcoms, etc.) WGN is just another TBS....a must have for a TV company.....

Braves

Anybody know which satellite brodcasts all the home Atlanta Braves games in HD, My charter cable opens up a new channel just for Braves in HD. They will start playing it during warm-ups and batting practice and through the entire game, after the game the channel goes to a message screen that says Atlanta Braves HD and brodcast that screen until the next Braves home game, thanks

bradley said:
danielle_s,

They do an excellent job presenting news from a global persecutive and an international staff from around the world. This service originates in the EU as opposed to CNN in Atlanta. You'll find CNNi very refreshing, enlightening as well as entertaining. It's in-pace very much with euro expectations... calmer without the loud American music and hype we see on CNN, FOX, etc.

Aren't these the same yahoos that had a directive to quit calling terrorists and suicide bombers terrorists? I think they called them freedom fighters or some crap.

danielle_s said:
CNN International - Looks like CNN found a home for it's international station. Kindof a waste and a gamble since neither dish or direct picked up this station.

D* has been carrying CNN International for years as far as I can remember (I've had D* for 10 years).

dash2004 said:
D* has been carrying CNN International for years as far as I can remember (I've had D* for 10 years).
E* and D* carried CNNfn until it went dark last year. CNNfn simulcasted CNNi overnight and on weekends.
The only CNNs left on D* and E* are CNN (US) and CNN-HN (which has been recently redesigned to something closer to CNN's look).

I hope Voom adds CNNi - it will give people fodder to complain to E* and D*!

JL

Alto101 said:
7) Change marketing strategy to get the message out that Voom offers everything that Direct/Dish/cable offers + 3X more HD channels. Current marketing strategy has limited appeal to casual viewers.

I think you hit the nail on the head with #7. The marketing strategy has to include the fact that Voom ALSO has the SD channels. Maybe that's why they are adding all of the SD channels they are now. Maybe even make an SD only package for those that don't have an HD TV to gain subs?

The reason for the SD channels is because people keep on saying "I would get VOOM is they had...(instert SD Channel name here)"

Since VOOM unlike other companies listens to its customers and people who want to be customers they are working to fill the demands for these channels.

When VOOM's DVR comes out I plan on dropping Dish Network, the only channel missing for me now is Noggin. :)

Just wait more HD content is coming as well. Just don't bite their heads off for adding the channels everyone have been waiting for. :D

mkwillia said:
It's nice to see that Voom is adding these channels to be more competitive, BUT I totally agree with vurb on this. He wasn't being negative. He is just voicing that these SD channels are not adding to the HD niche that VOOM is based upon. If Voom was adding the HD feeds (if there were any) of these new channels, then I am sure that he would say that. If this was the case, the new additions would be a LOT more exciting.

I am waiting to see if we get any new HD channels. (ESPN2HD, INHDs, HDNETs.....something).
I agree...I would like to see more Hd added also...but if VOOm adds all of those ch's and actually shows that it will be a service that sticks around past March, I will cancel my sub to Directv and add VOOM thoughtout my house. For my wife DIY is a huge ch to have along with Lifetime and all. I wish they would add the second Nick for my kids....but these ch's are ch's that VOOM needs to survive as a sole provider.

Scott,

I'm afraid I am one of those potential customers asking for "our" SD channel to be added. The thing is, I really can't justify the expense of having two satellite providers, even if one does offer a ton more HD. The second they add BBC America, Dish will be getting the big heave-ho.

Mark

Agree adding in as many sd channels as they can IS smart buisness move for them I have had alot of friends who have visited and loved Vooms pic quality even on the sd channels but then learned they did not have some of the sd channels E and D** has.

Would we all like more HD ? sure I would love for them all to be in HD but simple fact is not gonna happen for awhile,until HD becomes more mainstream for the average joe's the best thing Voom can do is build there Sd lineup to be same as there two competors PLUS have more HD than them.It's the only way Voom is gonna survive right now if they stick with the HD and severe lacking of Sd channels that the other 2 have they are gonna go under and we are all gonna lose the Satelitte company that most of us have grown to love.

So if it takes adding alot of Sd's right now for voom to gain subs,get stable and keep going then I can wait for more HD.

It would be nice if they could drop the SD simulcasts of TNT, ESPN, and the premimums to clear up some space for a few more HD & SD channels.

I want all the HD channels, not just for me but for those who want them. The one I really want is Wealth TV, but I can wait. That goes for the missing SD channels too. I'm content with what I have, but add them for those who want them :)

bryan27 said:
It would be nice if they could drop the SD simulcasts of TNT, ESPN, and the premimums to clear up some space for a few more HD & SD channels.

It is not a choice for Voom. The providers sell the whole package including HD and SD feed.s I am pretty sure ESPN demands Voom to carry SD feed along with HD feed.

I too think it would be nice to drop the sd duplicate channels....on the list of 9 HD channels available only 5 would be realstic to hope for. I don't think that we will see any of the HDnets or INHD1 or INHD2 for that matter.

Alto010 Hit The Nail On The Head

My wife fought me on VOOM because of the no SCI-FI channel situation at the time. At this point it's safe to say that HD demand is limited but if you can meet the HD demand and the reg SD demands then why not? The point is to increase the business, not just to cater to the HD elitists like us. :D :eek:

kfried001 said:
i want the Outdoor channel in HD real bad. Come on VOOM we need this channel in either SD or HD I am paying D* etra just for this channel along with the NFL Ticket.

Do you mean an HD version of channel 328 - Outdoor Life Network? I’m a huge cycling fan and OLN is one of my favorite channels this time of the year. I would love an HD version… :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)