New dish customer Hate the User Interface

navychop

Member of the Month - July 2014!
Pub Member / Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 20, 2005
Northern VA
Going to a lawyer would be a waste of time and money. You can bet the fine print will cover this instance.

I can't help but sense that it's not really about the guide, or only about the guide. Something else bothering you?

chuckster_dude

SatelliteGuys Pro
Oct 2, 2006
Buffalo, NY
Like any new experience, it takes some getting used to but read the manual (yes, I said it) and play around with it.

It can't be too much like Tivo or else they would get sued even more by Tivo for infringements.

I have a 722k and it does the job -- it lets me simply record shows and navigate the guide. That's likely what most people want out of such a device.

StevenD

Supporting Founder
Supporting Founder
Nov 18, 2003
n
I don't understand why the OP signed the contract if he didn't get what he was expecting.

Scherrman

SatelliteGuys Master
Supporting Founder
Mar 14, 2008
Eastern Iowa
Wanting to quit based only on the UI is strange if you ask me. I can see why he would be disappointed but I would give it a chance. I have a 922 and love the Ui but I still the 722k UI is great. Maybe it's just because I'm so use to it.

Neutron

Founding Supporter
Supporting Founder
Nov 7, 2003
Texas
I'm not sure if it will help, but contact one of the DIRT members. Their names are in red and you can see who's online by looking toward the bottom of the screen.

JEFFinINDY

SatelliteGuys Pro
Jul 31, 2004
Indianapolis, IN
Scherrman said:
Wanting to quit based only on the UI is strange if you ask me. I can see why he would be disappointed but I would give it a chance. I have a 922 and love the Ui but I still the 722k UI is great. Maybe it's just because I'm so use to it.

He wants to quit because he was shown the Lexus and got the Chevy. What's the big deal? They both get you from here to there, right?

3HaloODST

SatelliteGuys Master
Pub Member / Supporter
Jul 2, 2010
Earth
He wants to quit because he was shown the Lexus and got the Chevy. What's the big deal? They both get you from here to there, right?

He should be glad too, as the Chevy is a sleeper and the Lexus is just a pretty soccer mom car. Plus only pay the Chevy price!

ronfelder

SatelliteGuys Pro
Jan 3, 2006
south jersey
ui

In my opinion a totaqlly stupid reason to cancel Dish. Who cares if it isn't a fancy and the others. The features that matter make the 722k a much better dvr. It's like buying a car because it has more chrome on it. does thaty make the car better? I think not.

JEFFinINDY

SatelliteGuys Pro
Jul 31, 2004
Indianapolis, IN
It wouldn't take much to spruce up the 722. Totally agree that it's functional and fast and stable. But damn, it's ugly. Change the font. Add some artwork. Upgrade the graphics to 720P. Make it beautiful.

KAB

SatelliteGuys Master
Pub Member / Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Sep 20, 2005
Fishers, IN
It wouldn't take much to spruce up the 722. Totally agree that it's functional and fast and stable. But damn, it's ugly. Change the font. Add some artwork. Upgrade the graphics to 720P. Make it beautiful.

And is your new D* interface making your life worlds better?;);) (personal joke)

JEFFinINDY

SatelliteGuys Pro
Jul 31, 2004
Indianapolis, IN
LOL... the HR34 has the old interface still. So I'm still waiting for my life to be changed. Although dealing with HR34 bugs keeps things interesting (it's buggy as hell!!).

KAB

SatelliteGuys Master
Pub Member / Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Sep 20, 2005
Fishers, IN
Just so the rest of you know, Jeff and I are long time e-mail friends here in Indy.

navychop

Member of the Month - July 2014!
Pub Member / Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 20, 2005
Northern VA
In my opinion a totaqlly stupid reason to cancel Dish. Who cares if it isn't a fancy and the others. The features that matter make the 722k a much better dvr. It's like buying a car because it has more chrome on it. does thaty make the car better? I think not.

My thoughts exactly. Which is why I inquired of other reasons. As someone earlier posted, I suspect buyer's remorse.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)