New dish customer Hate the User Interface

Going to a lawyer would be a waste of time and money. You can bet the fine print will cover this instance.

I can't help but sense that it's not really about the guide, or only about the guide. Something else bothering you?

Like any new experience, it takes some getting used to but read the manual (yes, I said it) and play around with it.

It can't be too much like Tivo or else they would get sued even more by Tivo for infringements.

I have a 722k and it does the job -- it lets me simply record shows and navigate the guide. That's likely what most people want out of such a device.

I don't understand why the OP signed the contract if he didn't get what he was expecting.

Wanting to quit based only on the UI is strange if you ask me. I can see why he would be disappointed but I would give it a chance. I have a 922 and love the Ui but I still the 722k UI is great. Maybe it's just because I'm so use to it.

I'm not sure if it will help, but contact one of the DIRT members. Their names are in red and you can see who's online by looking toward the bottom of the screen.

Scherrman said:
Wanting to quit based only on the UI is strange if you ask me. I can see why he would be disappointed but I would give it a chance. I have a 922 and love the Ui but I still the 722k UI is great. Maybe it's just because I'm so use to it.

He wants to quit because he was shown the Lexus and got the Chevy. What's the big deal? They both get you from here to there, right?

He wants to quit because he was shown the Lexus and got the Chevy. What's the big deal? They both get you from here to there, right?

He should be glad too, as the Chevy is a sleeper and the Lexus is just a pretty soccer mom car. Plus only pay the Chevy price!

ui

In my opinion a totaqlly stupid reason to cancel Dish. Who cares if it isn't a fancy and the others. The features that matter make the 722k a much better dvr. It's like buying a car because it has more chrome on it. does thaty make the car better? I think not.

I agree that the Fios guide is crap. I'm at southern HQ for a few months and after a couple days of using it, I remember how much I dislike it. I also have Dish here.

Yes but FIOS can use a cable card and then you can use it with a newer model Tivo..

It wouldn't take much to spruce up the 722. Totally agree that it's functional and fast and stable. But damn, it's ugly. Change the font. Add some artwork. Upgrade the graphics to 720P. Make it beautiful.

It wouldn't take much to spruce up the 722. Totally agree that it's functional and fast and stable. But damn, it's ugly. Change the font. Add some artwork. Upgrade the graphics to 720P. Make it beautiful.

And is your new D* interface making your life worlds better?;);) (personal joke)

LOL... the HR34 has the old interface still. So I'm still waiting for my life to be changed. Although dealing with HR34 bugs keeps things interesting (it's buggy as hell!!).

Just so the rest of you know, Jeff and I are long time e-mail friends here in Indy.

In my opinion a totaqlly stupid reason to cancel Dish. Who cares if it isn't a fancy and the others. The features that matter make the 722k a much better dvr. It's like buying a car because it has more chrome on it. does thaty make the car better? I think not.

My thoughts exactly. Which is why I inquired of other reasons. As someone earlier posted, I suspect buyer's remorse.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts