New HD or SD channels?(Possible New SD Channels: USA, FoxSports East, Ohio & Bay Area

I think they should loose all the espn and sports related channels. Concentrate on more bandwidth for the HD channels. What does it matter to watch some fool play football, socker, or race a care in Hd? Improve the movies and the educational stuff where it counts.

jbtcajun said:
I think they should loose all the espn and sports related channels. Concentrate on more bandwidth for the HD channels. What does it matter to watch some fool play football, socker, or race a care in Hd? Improve the movies and the educational stuff where it counts.

OMG !!! No ESPNHD no yankees and red sox ??

vurbano said:
I dont expect any new channels until the end of the year. I believe voom will add nothing until then. I believe the bandwidth is used up. I think the october leases will be relatively useless unless we all have dish and equipment upgrades. I predict Voom will drop the ball on that like they have in sales,billing, advertising, programming, PQ , OTA, Installation and almost every aspect of this venture. They need to be on our roofs now installing the new dishes . If leases and wm9 are to be used in october they will never make it by then. Look for something in January.
We are only up to 35 channels and VOOM said they had the capacity for 39 which we were told would be up by Feb '04. I don't think they have room for 4 more channels. My guess was they were expecting to get Hdnet, Hdmovies, Inhd1 and Inhd2 + 35 = 39.

Ken

Currently, VOOM offers a limited number of special Pay-Per-View events. We are actively working on increasing our Pay-Per-View offerings and expect to offer full-time Pay-Per-View this fall. Consistent with the VOOM promise, we plan to offer a diverse range of movies and events (including boxing, wrestling, and live music) in both High Definition as well as Standard Definition.

http://voom.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/vo...TEmcF9zZWFyY2hfdGV4dD1wYXkgcGVyIHZpZXc*&p_li=

Thats off the voom site, so hopefully that means we will get at something added soon.

jasin

I've always thought that this whole HD provider positioning will vary at different points in time.

As the months go by, the other service providers, both cable and satellite, are catching up.

It won't be much longer before Voom has lost what little competitive advantage they've had.

I seriously doubt that we'll see SciFi, USA, and Food Network. If they've not been able to get it onboard yet, why would you think they could do it in the near future?

My brother said it very well. If he couldn't get SciFi, then that would be reason enough not to get Voom. I'm not far behind him with paying a cable bill to pick up the few channels that I really want that aren't available with Voom.

I hope you are wrong, Jim.

JimP said:
I seriously doubt that we'll see SciFi, USA, and Food Network. If they've not been able to get it onboard yet, why would you think they could do it in the near future?

USA is one of my favorites. I think it will come eventually. There have been tons of rumors about USA and SciFi in the last two months. Just a matter of when.

A little birdy tells me that we will see USA Network and 3 Fox Sports channels SOON on VOOM.

For some reason however tat birdy tells me that SCIFI has been delayed.

great news!!

Scott, can that lil' birdy tell you whether the 3 FoxSports feeds will be HD or SD? Thanks!!

Ok here are the 3 FoxSports Feeds I hear are coming to VOOM.

(As far as I know none are in HD)

Fox Sports East
Fox Sports Ohio
Fox Sports Bay Area

More as I know it. :D

Are these FoxSports channels O&O by Rainbow...? What does FoxSports East mean? The entire FoxSports for the east coast or is there a FoxSport East channel?

Sean,

The FoxSports channels, a.k.a. "Fox RSN's" are regional networks catered to that specific region. They include the following:

Arizona
Bay Area
Chicago
Detroit
Florida
Midwest
New England
New York
North
Northwest
Ohio
Pittsburgh
Rocky Mountain
South
Southwest (Voom: pretty please!!! include this one)
West/West 2

DarrellP said:
You need to check out the weekend movies. For the last few weekends they have had 2 or 3 of the movies in true HD. Today is Rush Hour with Jackie Chan, looks great. They had Lethal Weapon 2 last weekend.

On Weekends I usually end up watching something else, they had Oceans Eleven on stretchy-vision, I hope they keep showing their movies in HD, believe me but since 8 times out of 10 I tune to TNT it's Stretched I got dissappointed.

As time goes on I really want VOom to allow 19mbps per channel for all their HD. I almost don't give a damn about sparklies except for CNN which I do watch occasionally, but I watch HD so much I really want this fixed. I can't stand having my vision drawn away from the main content to mosquito noise and pixelation. I know WM9 is supposed to help, I would still think that WM9 with 10mbps would still suck, so whatever Voom has to do. I think they sat in front of a 40" LCD and said "Hey this image looks pretty damn good" and locked the bandwidth too low.

Also Travel channel can go, if I watch anything Travel I'd rather watch PBS/Equator/DiscoveryHD, and add USA or Sci-FI.

Aside from that they can axe TNT SD, it's totally useless and redistrubate that bandwidth.

"New HD or SD channels?" <- original title

Scott Greczkowski said:
Ok here are the 3 FoxSports Feeds I hear are coming to VOOM.

(As far as I know none are in HD)

Fox Sports East
Fox Sports Ohio
Fox Sports Bay Area

More as I know it. :D

Thanks for the update, so I quess us dedicated voomers should only expect some more college football coverage? Is that all.? What happened to 39 channels of HD?

Dont get me wrong all additional channels will be appreciated just sports channels added after baseball season !sadroll , I think from the many posts Voom really needs to add SCIFI. USA, HGTV, i think theses are the most wanted by the folks who post about such needs. Have u done a poll of what ch's are most wanted scott or a poll for what channels whould u swap for(i imagine a hard poll to do)

MR.C

will we all be able to watch these RSN's? will we get blacked out? whats the point? I have a question--what if those 20 hd channels on VOOM slowly but surely start showing quality movies not repeated anymore than hbo or sho would? what if voom's movie channels all of a sudden were filled with quality movies shown at a not-so-repeated rate?? would non voomers start jumping off buildings? what would they whine about? how could they justify thier 6 hd channels while voom has 6 times that amount?? I know it hasnt happened but VOOM has the movies--they just arent xferred and cleaned up yet.

Dvlos said:
On Weekends I usually end up watching something else, they had Oceans Eleven on stretchy-vision, I hope they keep showing their movies in HD, believe me but since 8 times out of 10 I tune to TNT it's Stretched I got dissappointed...
Sunday afternoon's Ocean's Eleven looked like non-stretched HD to me.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)