New Map Master Info

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I am surprised to see how fast you guys have come so far.
I figured maybe 2- years but WOW! You guys are awesome.
My wife disconnected my 920 since it went down.
I refused to go to the pizza and said what do you want FTA or another 4dtv receiver.
She said another one If you can find one.
I hooked my 920 back up to use as a mover and I got a DCll lock and got back with SRL.
Damm I'm Happy!!!
We need everyone to subscribe to any package, so there will be a better chance of more channels.

I am surprised to see how fast you guys have come so far.
I figured maybe 2- years but WOW! You guys are awesome.
My wife disconnected my 920 since it went down.
I refused to go to the pizza and said what do you want FTA or another 4dtv receiver.
She said another one If you can find one.
I hooked my 920 back up to use as a mover and I got a DCll lock and got back with SRL.
Damm I'm Happy!!!
We need everyone to subscribe to any package, so there will be a better chance of more channels.

We have a great Map Master team and a dedicated 4DTV community. Us bud heads won't settle for being force fed cable on a stick with contracts, rainfade and the crap that surrounds pizza & cable. Everyone with a bud and 4D need to support SRL or Skyvision with even minimum programming.

Map Master is an important tool needed to keep 4DTV alive beyond subscriptions and keep the hobby alive. If we waited for Motorola to do anything we would be waiting till were old and grey. I'm glad I had the insight to start looking into this last year and assemble the team.

I love my 4DTV, Programming and FTA. The bud is still king in this house and will always be. There is nothing like Master broadcast feeds and the fine quality we get from H2H. Pizza has no way to compete at this level.

I made the mistake of getting DirecTv and am paying for it with contract, rainfade, poor quality and equipment. I'm glad to announce that since I got the Coolsat 8100HD all that has been on is the 4D and the Coolsat. DirectTv is sitting turned off and I'm paying out my second year for a doorstop I don't even watch. With the 4D and a good FTA S2 box I have so much programming I don't need subpar pizza.:)

You know I don't have to do any of this. It's people that say things like you did that even if it was kidding don't deserve our efforts. Your getting a free program that will give you more than Motorola gave you or will anymore. You don't have a clue what is involved in making it all work right juggling people and their schedules, daily life events etc. It ain't no walk in the park. I said this before and I'll say it again anyone who can't wait feel free to download the old 4 play and source code and make your own product. Then give it to us while I sit around now suck down on a cold one and bitch.

This could work 2 ways for you and your team if you wanted.
1) Offer for sale the cable and instructions so you can make a few $$$ for all your efforts.

2) Offer a way for others who have no idea what they are doing to send you their receivers and for a price update it for them. (then if your team is good at replacing the batteries they can have that done also. ) This allows you to re-coup some of the R&D that has been going on.

I for one am glad you have taken the initiative to take on this process and come this far already.

Years ago Motorola was going to allow manual programming in the 4dtv receivers but when too many people chimed in and griped over differences they pulled the plug on that project. I see that some have not changed since that time nor learned a lesson.

The HDD 200 is a HD decoder only. 4DTV's supported by Map Master are 920 922 and 905. Down the road we may be able to play with 410's 405's and other Shaw boxes.

I assume then that the 921 receivers are also included here as they are basically the same as the 920 with a different ID.

I still have my original 921 and 920 receiver along with my 922 that has that ratings block-out code in it.

We have no control over the USB BDM NT cable currently used to interface the IRD (so no profits there). We do own the special plugin file that is needed to use it with the 4D and map master. We may offer some map loading services in the future, Lonewolf freelances battery replacement now. Would all this be profitable? probably not. It would be nice to offer a full line of 4D services for people but shipping a 4D alone is expensive. The initial release of MM will be free. If we decide down the road that the advanced copy has enough interest where people could get payed something it may be worth charging for, don't know now.

I have more to do then most in the team with also supporting the websites and paying for bandwidth & hosting so that has to come from somewhere. As much as I wish it were true I don't have deep pockets. In fact with the economy in such a mess my business is suffering so that makes it harder yet to give it all away. My love for the 4D and the hobby drives 99% of what I'm doing.

I assume then that the 921 receivers are also included here as they are basically the same as the 920 with a different ID.

I still have my original 921 and 920 receiver along with my 922 that has that ratings block-out code in it.

921's are a 920 with a Canadian UID thats all. The ratings ceilings bit in the 922 thats a PITA, it wasn't in the EA or earlier firmware. We have a copy of the earlier firmware and are looking into what was changed in EC. This fix may not be ready when Map Master is initially released. I want to get the custom map restore option out to the people first. This is the number one priority. Things will likely be an ongoing development as we move along on what we uncover and can fix.

USB BDM NT cable and software I will pay for as a kit put in a markup to help pay your expenses. I have made a donation to help and what you are doing is useful. Just having my DSR920 remapped has a use such as music channels, northwest news etc. There are some free services just need the mapping. PLEASE DO NOT STOP ! OK.

USB BDM NT cable and software I will pay for as a kit put in a markup to help pay your expenses. I have made a donation to help and what you are doing is useful. Just having my DSR920 remapped has a use such as music channels, northwest news etc. There are some free services just need the mapping. PLEASE DO NOT STOP ! OK.

Map Master will be released. I'm hoping to try to get some idea on rollout soon. Were not stopping, were progressing and moving forward.

Map Master will be released. I'm hoping to try to get some idea on rollout soon. Were not stopping, were progressing and moving forward.

I do have a question.
With Map Masters will it be possible for the end users to create their own maps, ie... instead of generics putting the correct info on the right satellite?
This was done at the very beginning before certain programmings threatened GI/MOT and they then came up with generics to settle the issue. Having this would sure make the receiver a decent tool once more as you won't have to remember which generic is related to which signal.

Also the cable needed, can you expand on this more? I see the site you listed shows the cable with software that one would need to download or am I missing something here?

Remember the only custom support that was offered in the past was 4play (thank you Rod for providing me with source), which was very limited and with newer f/w didn't work as intended.

Wow, just found this thread! Good to see a 4play like program is being developed. I was a heavy user of the 4play on my 905 until the firmware or whatever changed and I couldn't use 4play anymore and I think Rod had stopped development so he wasn't going to update it for the new data format or whatever it needed. I remembered the 4play cable was a little pricey when I got it so I hope the USB-xxx-xxx-xxx-whatever cable mentioned in this thread won't be as much, but it sounds like it might be reasonable since it's being used on this project. I'm going to check out the website now because the cost of the cable might already be listed there. (embarrased)

Wow, just found this thread! Good to see a 4play like program is being developed. I was a heavy user of the 4play on my 905 until the firmware or whatever changed and I couldn't use 4play anymore and I think Rod had stopped development so he wasn't going to update it for the new data format or whatever it needed. I remembered the 4play cable was a little pricey when I got it so I hope the USB-xxx-xxx-xxx-whatever cable mentioned in this thread won't be as much, but it sounds like it might be reasonable since it's being used on this project. I'm going to check out the website now because the cost of the cable might already be listed there. (embarrased)

Go here: 4D Map Master | The Official 4D Map Master Website. The ONLY way to map the 4DTV!

I provide a link to the USB's guy website. The cost is $60 plus shipping. We get absolutely no revenue from his product. It was a decision made originally to use it since it allows us to focus on Map Master itself vs MM & creating an interface. We have some projects on the back burner for interfacing but they are currently on the back burner. The USB BDM NT cable will need our special file for interfacing to the 4DTV and Map Master to load maps. (it all works together)

...I provide a link to the USB's guy website. The cost is $60 plus shipping...

tvropro, when I click for a larger image, the BDM adapter looks like it has a 10 pin header cable plugged into it. Is that right? Meaning, does the cable unplug from the adapter?

The reason I ask is because the cable in the picture doesn't look long enough to reach outside of the case. If it is too short and if it unplugs, that would be no biggie because we could just use a longer header cable.

We have already discussed in the past that it would be best to not leave the adapter plugged in for normal operation. I believe it was you or Lonewolf that indicated routing to the slot behind the front cover. Is the included cable long enough, or do we need to look for a longer one?

Also, stargaze asked if the end user would be able to create/edit our own maps. I would be interested in knowing this as well. But I understand if it's too early to answer that one.

Cheers

tvropro, when I click for a larger image, the BDM adapter looks like it has a 10 pin header cable plugged into it. Is that right? Meaning, does the cable unplug from the adapter?

The reason I ask is because the cable in the picture doesn't look long enough to reach outside of the case. If it is too short and if it unplugs, that would be no biggie because we could just use a longer header cable.

We have already discussed in the past that it would be best to not leave the adapter plugged in for normal operation. I believe it was you or Lonewolf that indicated routing to the slot behind the front cover. Is the included cable long enough, or do we need to look for a longer one?

The cable included is too short and is a 10 pin cable. You would need a longer one to place it behind the TVPasscard door. See pictures attached, the stock cable is 5 inches long.

Also, stargaze asked if the end user would be able to create/edit our own maps. I would be interested in knowing this as well. But I understand if it's too early to answer that one.

Cheers
The alpha beta can combine maps that you set the parameters in in a text file & load. Will the first release allow that? maybe it depends if the end user can understand and edit right. Any wrong info fed into the 4D will cause a master reset so this is why our focus is creating a total set of custom maps with all that is in the sky that will be easy for most to use. We most likely will have an advanced options tab with more that are up to it. The thing is you have to learn by yourself. We can probably provide the basic instructions to follow and then you take it from there. It may be a good idea for me to create a 4D Map Master user forum at my website that all can discuss whatever once it's released.

Attachments

• BDM1.jpg
    BDM1.jpg
    62.9 KB · Views: 186
  • BDM2.jpg
    BDM2.jpg
    76.1 KB · Views: 177
Last edited:
Once again I ask....
Since the link from your site does not link directly to this cable you say we need:

Is this the one we need? See Below...
If so should we also get the software that is at that site also?

Not everyone of is is a programmer and not everyone knows specifically what is needed from what is being put out there.
That plus the above last couple post saying the cable may not be long enough?
So if this is the one below we will only need 1 and no other adapter?

------------------
From the link at the map-master web page :
------------
USBBDM NT
$60.00
USBBDM NT and USB BDM are copyrighted Welcome to USB JTAG. You are buying from the developer and manufacture of the products.

New features of USBBDM NT
• USB 2.0 support.
• Faster programming speed
• Enhanced UI for programming
• Adjustable BDM clock
• Enhanced configuration.
• Unified USBJTAG NT and USBBDM NT software
USBBDM NT is Windows based BDM tool for Motorola 6833X CPU.
It has the speed of professional BDM but at a very low cost.

Tested hardware, DCT2224,DCT2244,ECU411
If you are not sure, pleas ask

Download USB JTAG NT software
User manual
You are highly recommended to download the software and run first to check if it is compatible with your OS.

Model: USBBDM NT
• Shipping Weight: 0.02kgs
• 5 Units in Stock
• Manufactured by: USBJTAG

Map Master Site said:
Custom enhanced maps are being compiled for all DC-2 the 4DTV can see in the sky at this point.

Does this include all the encrypted channels as well? If so, periodically checking them for FP/ZK is gonna be a lot easier. :)

BTW, thanks for the info about the cable & self mapping.

Cheers

...Since the link from your site does not link directly to this cable you say we need:...

Actually, his site does directly link to it. Down by the BDM pic, click on the "Here" in "They can be found Here". After you're at the BDM site, click on "shopping" in the left pane, then "USBBDM NT" under best sellers on the right.

Cheers

again Is this the only item needed?
and if you have more then 1 4dtv (I have 3 here) do you need 3 of these?
If I order this product I just want it correct the first time around.

BTW, the poster above me here: you could have just said yes the info you provided here was the right one, as I listed it directly from the web page of USB JTAG.

I provide a link to the USB's guy website. The cost is $60 plus shipping. We get absolutely no revenue from his product.

that's quite reasonable since I recall the 4play interface cost like $100-125, IIRC.

As to another poster today about the cable length, what I did in the 4play day was cut out one of the vent hole structures at the top of the receiver to widen the airgap so I could feed one of the ends of the interface connector into the 905 4DTV to interface at the PC board. (make sure to file a little bit after cutting to minimize any sharp edges). The body of the interface rests on top of the 4dtv case so it works quite well for me without having to worry about cable length and being able to feed it out of the card slot or any other larger opening on the receiver.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 3)