NEW RTN FTA BIRD

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Yep I see they have diff stuff today, I'm getting a stable picture with little breaking up now. I sure hope they get a better uplink going soon. I put a .90meter on that sat yesterday between rainshowers and never saw anything until this huge system moved east overnight. But its weeeaaaak signal for sure.

Any word on if RTN is going to have any c-band in their new future? I miss it already, although "This TV" has taken up some of the slack.

There appear to be about 7 or 8 RTN channels now on W3 C-Band DVB-S2

My CS5000 blindscans it at 11733 H 4440 with an SQ of 67% on my 1M Winegard. VS9000 gets it best at the same frequency/SR at 35%, with threshold at 29%.

4" of snow and two to four hours of freezing rain coming tonight so we'll see if it holds up for me.

Last night the RTN feeds on AMC9 were so low during a snow-sleet storm it wouldn't lock at all here.

On Monday evening during the clear moon lit sky it was 34Q at the best here in NY. Even with the occasional audio chirp or digital artifact showing up at times, it was watchable.

I'll take the 6-7" of rain we all got around n ala over the last 48hrs over the snow! But then, I live on a hill.

Moved my dish to AMC9 today could not get any signal on11735 but on 11744 I got color bars and NBC Frontline in the center. Am I on the right sat? That was with my coolsat 5000. Couldn't get anything with my coolsat 8000. Maybe its a setup issue. Could someone post the correct menu values for 11735 & 11774 including the modulation, pilot and code rate for my coolsat 8000.

Thanks

There appear to be about 7 or 8 RTN channels now on W3 C-Band DVB-S2

Thanks for the info.

Do you think I'm not getting it on blindscan because the signal is weak, or because it's DVB-S2? I'm using a visionsat receiver and I don't know if it can see DVB-S2, or if it should see it but not be able to view it or whatever.

Thanks.

You won't need any 'pilot' for those signals, the freq/symbol rate already posted. If you found the color bar channels you're there. Just those weakass signals are hard to get unless you are right on them with a good size dish. Mine went out later this afternoon when it became real cloudy again, no longer locks the signal.

Thanks for the info.

Do you think I'm not getting it on blindscan because the signal is weak, or because it's DVB-S2? I'm using a visionsat receiver and I don't know if it can see DVB-S2, or if it should see it but not be able to view it or whatever.

Thanks.
This thread is about AMC9 ku @ 83.0w and those two RTN channels are regular DVB-S channels. The S2 RTN channels are on AMC3 C-Band @ 87.0w. I don't know anything about a Viewsat, but my guess is, it doesn't do S2? It should get the channels on AMC9 if your dish is big enough, they have pretty weak signals.

Didn't that I can tell, maybe your weather is more clear? Still showing around 40/40 on this Icon.....breaking up some. I'm gonna find a dish that picks this up tomorrow lol, maybe try one of these 84e's....

I had Q of 78, now on the same dish an receiver is 88 to 90 on Q, an have had rain on an off most of the day front just passed an now its over caste.

Thanks for the info.

Thanks.

The Visionsat will not do DVB-S2, but the new RTN East and West feeds are just DVB-S...

Thanks for the info.

Thanks.

As Tron stated, DVB-S... I'm having the same issue with my visionsat also, can't pick them up...haven't had time to try the mercII yet, will try this weekend.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)