Newbie Help

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Will try to find the info in the AM. But looking around, what kind of info can anybody give me on Thaicom.5 c-band only or what and what would be required to pick it up thanks

Will let you know in the AM. What can anybody tell me Thaicom5 Pay for view c-band only or what thanks

From Duluth, Minnesota (longitude 92 West) you should be able to pick up satellites from about from 32 West to 152 West. That is assuming that nothing is blocking your line of site.

There is quite a bit of TV available in that longitude range. However, I have heard that people in Europe have a bigger and better selection than we do. And in the United Kingdom, they have to pay an annual license of £139.50 for a color TV! Thats about $200 a year based on the current exchange rate.

I picked up Galaxy 25 comparing channel listings on the web to listings on the receiver. Can I manually change the transponders from the menu. I am afraid to touch anything now that I have it working. Thanks

I picked up Galaxy 25 comparing channel listings on the web to listings on the receiver. Can I manually change the transponders from the menu. I am afraid to touch anything now that I have it working. Thanks

you can manually change the transponders to make sure that the channels you want have enough signal quality so you can watch them. Doesn't help if the chanenls that came in are all in Arabic language but the Thai ones have no quality ;)

in the dish setup just scroll through these transponders and note the quality. These are the transponders that have Thai channels

11874 H 22000 (Dhamma Media)
11966 H 22000 (Thai TV, Thai Overseas, Radio Channel)
12090 H 20000 (NAT TV, Hitz & Health)
12115 V 22425 (News1)

Make sure all of them have a nice strong quality signal so you know those channels will come in.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)