ok here is what i have so far
on menu i find usals setup as follows:
longtitude angle 084.0
longtitude direction: west
latitude angle: 44.0
latitude direction: south
rotating speed: 0.30
are these correct ?
It probably won't make any difference, but I think your longitude should be 85.0, and your latitude should be 45.0.
oldrred said:
for the dish , it is pointed south, motor is set at 45 latitude, dish set at 38.5. are these
correct ?
This should be correct.
oldrred said:
next i enter installation and get antenna setting, then a installation screen this is where i get
confused. a lot of sats to chose from for instance, 45 AMC 9 (83w), lnb freq set on universal,
lnb should be standard and set to 10750.
oldrred said:
diseqc type set at none, my choices at bottom of screen are: edit satellite, antenna positioning,
mu ltiple satellites setup, start search, when i click start search i get a list 1-31,
#1 freq 00000, pol v, S.R 27500, FEC 3/4, TV 0, RADIO 0. all tv radio have 0.
options at bottom changed to add, delete, edit pid, and tp search. when i press tp search i get a
warning screen asking only fta search ? ok for no, then warning network search, ok for no. then
back to former screen. i click on on start search, my signal strength changes a few times while
searching the back to same screen with same info as before.
when i click ant. positioning i get screen that says motorized system. motor mode set at usals,
transponder at 12011/h/3979/auto
still nothing on quality meter press menu button and get warning no channel press ok and get new
screen, with choice at top of screen of, all channels, fta, and scramble. bottom of screen has
satellite, edit, find, and a-z. if i click on satellite, i get satellite list checked all
satellites. ok back to former screen. edit does nothing. find gets me a screen with a keypad and
bottom screen has ok, back, caps off, and extend. i am lost for sure now!
exit from those screens and back to warning no channel then menu
will someone please explain in detail where i went wrong and how i can get at least a few channels
to watch
captive works cw 600s
same story no matter which satellite i chose
thank you
oh yeah, i would be happy to pay someone to install for me but my money is exhausted as i am disabled and wife is out of work right now just moved in here took everything i had i just need someone who is patient and very knowledgeable on this subject to help me, if someone out there is near me and would be willint trade labor for something i have that would be great,unlikely though
thanx
chris
I can't help with the rest of this, as I don't have a CW600s. If you can figure how to enter a TP (transponder), try this:
TP - 11775
Polarity - Horizontal
SR (signal rate) - 4231
This is a live transponder on AMC9 ku.

Al

Do the simple setup first

OK. Most of us here would just go ahead and set up the dish and rotor, but we know more or less how to set them up already. You don’t. So, here is my solution:

1. You are getting 50-70% signal strength. That is fine. It suggests that you probably have your cable, lnbf and connections set up properly.

2. You are getting 00% signal quality. This indicates that you have one basic problem: your dish is misaligned. It must be VERY precisely aligned, otherwise you will never get a signal.

Use this simple approach to align your dish properly:

1. Always unplug you receiver before you add or remove cables or equipment.

2. Remove your motor and adjust your satellite dish by hand for the time being.

3. Use a compass and determine approximately where to find the Telstar5 (alias Intelsat5) satellite from you location. According to my quick calculation, you will need to point your dish at 200° Azimut (use the compass) and 36° elevation. Point your satellite in the general direction. Don’t tighten your bolts too much, because you will soon have to begin moving your dish around until you locate the satellite.

4. Remove your diseqc switch and hook the lnbf directly to the cable leading directly to the receiver. Make sure you still have 50-70% signal strength. (You can skip this step for now and try it later if things don't work, though).

5. If you don’t have a signal meter, you will need to have your TV set in your line of sight when you begin slowly rotating your dish left-right-up-down. Otherwise, it will take you – on average – about ninety years to find a signal by sheer luck! Set things up so you can see the screen and recognize when you begin to receive signal QUALITY.

5. Select Telstar5 (alias Intelsat5) as your satellite. Set your lnbf to standard 10750. Select transponder 11836 (you will perhaps see a slight amelioration in the signal strength, but you will not yet see signal quality). Set everything else to normal or off.

6. Begin moving your dish very slowly up-down-left-right until you see signal QUALITY. Note: the satellite might not be exactly where you THINK is is… it may be a few degrees higher, lower, to the left, to the right…

7. Once you have signal Quality, you can do a scan or preferably a blind scan and obtain programming. Watch a few programs for a week or two, then you can start over again from scratch and install the motor when you understand how your receiver works.

Hope this helps. Good luck and lay off the caffeine for a while.

thank you
sounds like you are the person i need
it is raining now will take small tv out side tomorrow and try again
i'll let you know

hi
one more problem- i have many sats listed but no telstar, lots of echostars
and amc's though and i cut back coffee to one pot instead of three maybe i'll be a little easier to get along with huh i can be ajerk sometimes!
thanx again for unerstaning my frustration your help is very much needed and appreciated!

Other sats

Telstar / IA5 is @ 97W in the sky (that's about 200° Azimut for your location). T5 / IA5 is usually a good place to start.

From your location you can also try AMC4 at approximately 205° Azimut, 36° Elevation for your location. Use Transponder 11822.

Or you can try Galaxy 10R at approximately 231° Azimut, 26° Elevation for your location. Use Transponder 11780 or 11800.

That should give you a few options to start with. After that, well, the sky's the limit! -- Or am I misquoting Hendrix here?

Othea said:
Telstar / IA5 is @ 97W in the sky (that's about 200° Azimut for your location). T5 / IA5 is usually a good place to start.

From your location you can also try AMC4 at approximately 205° Azimut, 36° Elevation for your location. Use Transponder 11822.

Or you can try Galaxy 10R at approximately 231° Azimut, 26° Elevation for your location. Use Transponder 11780 or 11800.

That should give you a few options to start with. After that, well, the sky's the limit! -- Or am I misquoting Hendrix here?

:) That would be "Excuse me while I kiss the sky"

thanks more option oughta make it easier

i've been spening the day pulling porcupine quills out of my dog, havent had a chance to mess with it yet bummer huh poor dog hundreds of quills
i will be back to let you all know what happens
chris

good day everyone

ok on my usals setup, (on rcvr)
longtitude angle should be set at ?
longtitude direction ?
latitude angle ?
latitude direction ?
rotating speed (s/') ?
i finally got reception on one satellite, all mid eastern channels though. i think i may have the above settings incorrect as i can not find any others will someone please tell me what exactly these settings should be. with these setting correct, shouldn't usals automatically be able to find the other sats by itself ? again about 20 miles west of gaylord mich 49611
thanx again for everyones help i would not have made it this far without you!
i am a slow learner but i am sure i will get it eventually!

Gaylord is at 45.0 latitude and 84.67 longitude

oldrred said:
good day everyone

ok on my usals setup, (on rcvr)
longtitude angle should be set at ?
84.67 (or 84.6 if it only allows one digit)
longtitude direction ?
W
latitude angle ?
latitude direction ?
N
rotating speed (s/') ?
no clue on that one
i finally got reception on one satellite, all mid eastern channels though. i think i may have the above settings incorrect as i can not find any others will someone please tell me what exactly these settings should be. with these setting correct, shouldn't usals automatically be able to find the other sats by itself ? again about 20 miles west of gaylord mich 49611
thanx again for everyones help i would not have made it this far without you!
i am a slow learner but i am sure i will get it eventually!
yep you must have hit IA5 (Telstar 5)

Iceberg said:
global

what is that site suppose to do? I'm confused

Well, it lets you put in your city and provides Lat/Long. I just did a test run with SF and here is what it returned:
Latitude Longitude Elevation
San Francisco California San Francisco 37.775 -122.418 60 m

hi
i gave up for a while
i'm back
finally got things going here but most evrything is foreign language, do i need to buy a C band lnb for my system in order to rcv fta network tv in english ? how much ? why does my lnb have two outputs on it ? (ultrasat ku band lnbf) also i have an old direct tv dish in yard can i add that to my system with any results ?
thanx

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)